Dayton: Luckier than the Irish

Taj79

Dayton is hosting IPFW yesterday in their home/season opener and it comes down to this:

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/videos/news/ud-flyers-play-of-the-game/vCHwsq/

Dayton wins by one. IPFW demonstrated a classic example of "over-coaching." With 6.4seconds to go, Dayton out of timeouts but with the ball, IPFW's coach Tony Jasick decides to foul. Dayton's shooter goes 1 of 2 making the dreaded "second one." So it's now IPFW's ball and a two point lead. IPFW's coach calls timeout. Diagrams the in bounds play and the rest is what you see on this video clip.

Much bigger surprises:

Northern Colorado 60, Kansas State 58

St. Francis (NY) 66, Miami 62

South Carolina Upstate 64, Virginia Tech 63

Emporia State (D-II) 81, UMKC 76

Manhattan over LaSalle is an upset, but not a shocker.

Dumbest thing I've read today. Do you not remember our early season losses last season?

Lets see how LaSalle does without Galloway. I still think without him and with the good doctor coaching it maybe a long season for the Explorers.

As far Manhattan goes, they were 14-18 last year. Wiz would probably give them a C-/D+.

I know a lot of people on this board hate Chaz Williams, but he was dominant for much of that BC game. And he's been very good against us. Just saying.

I can't imagine Robinson having the Oregon State job past this season. Tough job, but he's been a disappointment.

I know a lot of people on this board hate Chaz Williams, but he was dominant for much of that BC game. And he's been very good against us. Just saying. I can't imagine Robinson having the Oregon State job past this season. Tough job, but he's been a disappointment.

+1

Robinson's only real prayer would have to be a serious run this season, but Coppin State loss is a bad way to start off. He may be forced to call in some favors from some powerful relatives.

+1

Robinson's only real prayer would have to be a serious run this season, but Coppin State loss is a bad way to start off. He may be forced to call in some favors from some powerful relatives.

Yeah Id be nervous firing POTUS brother in law.

Next thing ya know your credit cards dont work, your bank account is empty, and you have guys in all black suits following you everywhere.

It would be like a strange version of "Enemy of the State."