#BillikenMadness

NextYearBill

Dear Billiken Fans,

Saint Louis men’s and women’s basketball will hold #BillikenMadness on Saturday, Oct. 12, at Chaifetz Arena. The free event serves as a kickoff to the 2013-14 basketball season.

The activities at #BillikenMadness will include an introduction of the men’s and women’s basketball squads, shooting contests, a men’s and women's basketball scrimmage, autographs and much more.

Doors to Chaifetz Arena open at 5 p.m. Stay tuned to www.SLUBillikens.com for more #BillikenMadness information.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey....does anyone know if the night of "Billiken Madness" will be broadcasted on any stations or video streamed. I really wish I could be there to see the event but work has me on the east coast that weekend. Thanks.

Is this the start of the basketball practice season or have the guys already been in the gym? I know the old start date revolved around October 15th but I am seeing where some schools out here have already begun. Did they move it to October 1 and I missed it? Just curious.

I saw a post where Villanova began nine days ago. But it used to be at 5 pm the Friday closest to 10/15.

First practice was 9-27. NCAA expanded practice start dates to I think 6 weeks prior to your first game or something like that. Can't remember where I saw this.

Found It. http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/84230/earlier-practice-date-approved-for-fall

Saw on twitter that #BillikenMadness will be going up against a home Blues game vs the NY Rangers (7pm) and potentially game 2 of the NLCS should the Cardinals advance. Not to be chicken little, but I hope SLU gets a decent crowd. It will be important for the students to show up.

Dear Billiken Fans,

Saint Louis mens and womens basketball will hold #BillikenMadness on Saturday, Oct. 12, at Chaifetz Arena. The free event serves as a kickoff to the 2013-14 basketball season.

The activities at #BillikenMadness will include an introduction of the mens and womens basketball squads, shooting contests, a mens and women's basketball scrimmage, autographs and much more.

Doors to Chaifetz Arena open at 5 p.m. Stay tuned to www.SLUBillikens.com for more #BillikenMadness information.

Was this notice sent to season ticket holders?

Is this the start of the basketball practice season or have the guys already been in the gym? I know the old start date revolved around October 15th but I am seeing where some schools out here have already begun. Did they move it to October 1 and I missed it? Just curious.

I saw a post where Villanova began nine days ago. But it used to be at 5 pm the Friday closest to 10/15.

I thought I saw a quote that official practices wouldn't be starting til a little later. I know they have been in the gym and doing conditioning workouts since late august

Dear Billiken Fans,

Saint Louis men’s and women’s basketball will hold #BillikenMadness on Saturday, Oct. 12, at Chaifetz Arena. The free event serves as a kickoff to the 2013-14 basketball season.

The activities at #BillikenMadness will include an introduction of the men’s and women’s basketball squads, shooting contests, a men’s and women's basketball scrimmage, autographs and much more.

When you go to the website listed nothing comes up. I really find it odd that they still have not listed the activities schedule - seems rather lame to me.

-the link to ncaa.org matches what I heard on the radio (I think it was Frank but not certain) where teams can practice on 30 of the 42 days before their first regular season game

-normally there is one day a week where you can't practice so during these 6 weeks leading up to the first game there are 12 days you can't practice