Recruiting - 2014

I'd consider John Manning a higher ceiling "project" than Gillmann.

I didn't consider Manning a project as much. I think that they were probably similar players at that same stage. And I still have a lot of hope for Manning and think Gillmann probably compares well. John probably has a more physical, rebounding ceiling wheras Austin has a little better touch and offensive arsenal.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't that site just pick up twitter notes like the one Ben retweeted.

Really hoping this is true. If so, great get by the staff.

He wanted a link to something with info on Roby. So I told him what I had read.

I know the founder of VC was on here not long ago talking about his site.

Did I piss you off somewhere?

He wanted a link to something with info on Roby. So I told him what I had read.

I know the founder of VC was on here not long ago talking about his site.

Did I piss you off somewhere?

All Kshoe is saying is that VC didn't really "confirm" anything they just took what someone else had already reported.

Updated - and keep the updates coming on anything you guys see about these names. I can't stay current on every single one.

2014 Offer List:

Ore Arogundade: St. Viator, Arlington Heights, IL - SG: 6-3, 180. Offers: SLU, Creighton, SIUC, Murray State, Drake, Santa Clara, Loyola-Chicago, San Jose State, Wright State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, San Francisco, Utah State. Interest: DePaul, Xavier, Temple, LaSalle, Texas Tech, Wichita State, Missouri State, Oregon State. Latest (6/15): Arogundade vistied Drake and SLU. Previous: Arogundade said Murray State, St. Louis, Santa Clara, and Drake are strong right now. Texas Tech, Xavier, Temple and LaSalle are also looking. Twitter: @OreAro_23

Darius Austin: Cahokia HS, Cahokia, IL - SF: 6-6, 200. Offers: SLU, DePaul, UMKC. Interest: Illinois, Mizzou, Michigan, Xavier, Cincinnati, Iowa, Tennessee, Murray State. Latest (6/29): Austin is visiting Murray State the last weekend in June. Previous: According to IL Prep Bullseye, Austin is their pick for a mid-late summer high-major break-out recruit. He tore it up at the DePaul Team Camp and may have been the best player in the thing. SLU and DePaul are strongest, but they say others will soon follow. According to my main man Billiken Roy, Cahokia will leave its athletic program intact, meaning that Austin will stay there for his senior year instead of playing up in Chicago somewhere. Twitter: @DariusAustin23

Larry Austin, Jr.: Lanphier, Springfield, IL - PG: 6-1, 165. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, DePaul, Memphis, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Iowa, Florida State, Mississippi State, Bradley, SMU, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Butler, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, West Virginia, Harvard. Latest (6/5): Austin says that out of all the schools on his offer list, Oklahoma State is probably the one recruiting him the hardest. Twitter: @_LarryAustin2_

Jordan Barnett: CBC, St. Louis, MO - SF: 6-7, 185. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Purdue, Florida, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford, Harvard. Interest: UNC, SIUC. Latest (5/22): Barnett mentioned that UNC had shown interest and been in contact several times. On 5/22, UNC got a commitment from 5-star SF Theo Pinson, which may lead them to back off Barnett. Previous: SLU and St. Louis Eagles alum Larry Hughes spoke to Barnett's Eagles team after a loss in Dallas on 5/16. Twitter: @JBounce33

Austin Gillmann: Oakville, Oakville, MO - C: 6-11, 200. Offers: SLU, Illinois State, North Dakota. Interest: Xavier, Indiana, Illinois, Wichita State, Yale, Bucknell, Lehigh, Elon. Latest (6/29): Gillmann picked up offers from SLU and North Dakota. Previous: Gillmann visited SLU in early May. He has also visited Xavier. He is a legitimate 6-11, but needs to add serious strength. He was a double-double machine his junior season at Oakville and has played well this spring in AAU ball. Scout lists his strengths as academics, shot blocking, post moves, and mid-range jumper, and his weaknesses as strength, ball handling, and finishing at the basket. Twitter: @AUSTIN__g

J.P. Macura: Lakeville North, Lakeville, MN - SG: 6-5, 185. Offers: SLU, Dayton, Butler, Creighton, Boston College, Kansas State, Drake, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Colorado, Vermont, South Dakota, South Dakota State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Toledo, Wyoming, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, NC State, Providence, Nebraska-Omaha. Latest (6/27): Macura is making his first official visit to Butler. Previous: Showing an elite three-point shooting ability, Macura has had a couple huge AAU tournaments (including the recent adidas VIP Exclusive Run) and is hitting the radar of Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC schools. He is looking for a school with a "family atmosphere." He is up to #89 in Scout's 2014 rankings. Twitter: @jpmacura

Logan McLane: Greenfield School, Wilson, NC - PF: 6-8, 210. Offers: SLU, Seton Hall, Miami-Ohio, UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Buffalo, Winthrop, Mercer, High Point. Latest (6/19): McLane is currently recovering from a torn ACL, which is why higher-level schools have not offered, but he aims to be ready for an AAU event in July. He just visited Miami-Ohio. Previous: McLane gives some reasons why he likes his current list of offers. Twitter: @LMcLane4

Sean O’Mara: Benet Academy, Lisle, IL - C: 6-9, 240. Offers: SLU, Illinois, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, Dayton, LaSalle, Boston College, Virginia, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, SIUC, SIUE, Loyola-Chicago, UIC, Oakland, Lehigh, Columbia, Ball State, Eastern Michigan. Interest: Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern. Latest (5/21): Considered one of the best centers in the Midwest, O'Mara is in the belly of the Big Ten and has their attention. He was dominant in an AAU Tournament in April. Offers are starting to cascade in. Twitter: @S3AN_54

Delshon Strickland: Holy Angels, Minneapolis, MN - SG: 6-4, 180. Offers: SLU, Richmond, Rhode Island, Virginia Tech, Missouri State, Drake, Toledo, Lehigh, Vermont, North Dakota, Northern Colorado, Hampton. Interest: Butler, Gonzaga, Texas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State, Northwestern, Florida State, Washington State, Northern Iowa, Utah State. Latest (6/28): Strickland has picked up a SLU offer, one week after receiving one from Missouri State and two weeks after Virginia Tech. Twitter: Delshon_11

Andre Walker: Bullis School, Clarksville, MD - C: 6-10, 210. Offers: SLU, VCU, Xavier, DePaul, Cincinnati, Temple, UMass, George Mason, SMU, Fairfield, Delaware. Interest: Georgetown, Indiana, Kansas, NC State, Maryland, Miami. Latest (6/6): Walker now has offers from VCU and DePaul. Previous: This guy is hard to Google. Xavier recently had a player by the same name, and there's another HS recruit with the same name. He wears rec specs. Twitter: @Andre_Walker21

Hunter Ware: North Cobb Christian, Kennesaw, GA - PG: 6-2, 165. Offers: SLU, Murray State, Cornell, Brown, Tennessee Tech, Jacksonville, Gardner-Webb, Appalachian State, Stetson, Radford, Middle Tennessee, Georgia Southern. Interest: Mizzou, Butler, Charleston, Charlotte, UAB, Nevada, Buffalo, Charleston Southern. Latest (6/19): Interesting offer list. I guess we're in early on a guy we think has more potential than shows with his current list, and I'm guessing he's also a pretty solid student with two Ivy Leage offers. He's considered one of the fastest-rising players in the state of Georgia's class of 2014. On The Radar Hoops says: "Hunter showcases a great change of speed and high basketball IQ, he constantly gets a piece of the paint and pushes the tempo off the rebound. He fills the middle and goes until he is stopped either scoring or dishing off the ball for the easy basket for his teammates." But this is my favorite profile of him. Twitter: @Hunter_Ware1

Thomas Welsh: Loyola, Los Angeles, CA - C: 7-0, 245. Offers: SLU, Gonzaga, California, USC, Arizona State, Rice, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Pacific, Portland. Interest: UCLA, Arizona, Colorado, Wake Forest, Brown, UC-Santa Barbara. Latest (6/25): Welsh is now ranked #75 in Scout's 2014 rankings. Previous: SLU is said to be one of Welsh's early offers, which is interesting, given that he's a Southern California kid with otherwise exclusively West Coast offers. Welsh has spoken with Andy Enfield at USC quite a bit. He just recently visited Cal. He played very well at the recent Pangos All-American Camp.

2014 Interest List:

Marcus Bartley: MacArthur, Decatur, IL - PG: 6-2, 175. Offers: Oklahoma State, SIUC, Bradley, Northwestern, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Tennessee-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, William & Mary. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Iowa, Georgetown, Harvard, Tennessee. Latest (5/21): Northwestern is recruiting him very hard. Oklahoma State is the biggest program to offer so far but he may be on the cusp of a few more. Twitter: @MB3_Dreamville

Josh Cunningham: Morgan Park, Chicago, IL - SF: 6-7, 195. Offers: Mizzou, Oklahoma, Iowa, DePaul, Nebraska, South Carolina, UMass, Bradley, Northern Illinois. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Illinois State, UIC. Latest (5/21): Cunningham opened some eyes at the recent Nike EYBL in Hampton, Virginia when he filled in for an injured 5-star player. He's said to be a gamer with explosive leaping ability and a nice 3-point stroke. Twitter: @JoshMCunningham

Jacob Hammond: Home School United Prep, Oklahoma City, OK - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska. Interest: SLU, Indiana, UCLA, Mizzou, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Wake Forest, Creighton, Wichita State, TCU, Tulsa, Loyola-Marymount, Navy. Latest (6/25): Hammond previously committed to Oklahoma but recently backed out. He reportedly played very well at the Pangos Camp. He has played his three years of HS basketball at three different schools in Oklahoma and Kansas. Twitter: @J_ham_24

Avery Johnson, Jr.: Cooper, The Woodlands, TX - PG: 5-9, 173. Interest: SLU, Baylor, LSU, Rutgers, Florida State, Rice, Charleston, Santa Clara, Bucknell, Columbia. Latest (6/25): Johnson calls Baylor his leader. Previous: Johnson will be visiting SLU this weekend. The son of former NBA player and coach Avery Johnson, he recently made headlines when he Tweeted taunts at the Nets after losing to the Bulls in the playoffs (his dad coached the Nets before being fired). He's relatively hard to find on recruiting sites because A) most Google results have to do with that incident, B] there was a recent big-time football recruit named Avery Johnson who went to LSU, and C) there was a recent basketball recruit named Avery Johnson who went to San Francisco. Twitter: @itsaveryjohnson

Kelan Martin: Ballard, Louisville, KY - SF: 6-5, 185. Offers: Providence, New Mexico, Indiana State, Ohio, Western Kentucky, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Mizzou, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, LSU, Boston College. Latest (5/29): Martin has had an impressive spring on the AAU circuit and the offers are starting to roll in.

Mack Mercer: Plymouth, Plymouth, IN - PF: 6-9, 210. Offers: Boston College, Indiana State, Ball State, Kent State, Belmont, Loyola-Chicago, Rice, Vermont. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Mizzou, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Clemson, Mississippi State, Northwestern. Twitter: @MackMercer

Ikenna Okwarabizie: St. Louis Christian, St. Louis, MO - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Southern Miss, SIUE. Interest: SLU, Marquette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Illinois State, Rice. Latest (6/19): Okwarabizie has "serious attention" from SLU and Rutgers per @runhouse. He is visiting Illinois State. Previous: Okwarabizie is just starting to emerge this spring and picked up his first offer from Southern Miss. More will be on the way. Twitter: @iykerulez1

Jalyn Patterson: Montverde Academy, Alpharetta, GA - PG: 5-11, 170. Offers: George Mason, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia State. Interest: SLU, Houston, Tennessee, Florida State, South Carolina, Charleston, Tennessee Tech, Georgia Southern, Kennesaw State. Latest (5/29): Of the three schools recruiting him hardest lately, he says, “I am planning on trying to get out to St. Louis and George Mason and probably Houston,” he said. “I am still thinking about other schools and choosing which schools I would like to visit but those are three that I am definitely hoping to get to.” Twitter: @jalynpatterson

Darreon Reddick: Belleville East, Belleville, IL - PG: 6-3, 200. Offers: DePaul, Valpo, Missouri State, Detroit, Toledo, Indiana State, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Michigan, Xavier, Tennessee, Iowa, SIUC. Latest (5/21): Reddick visited Valpo with C.J. Rivers and both picked up offers. Twitter: @_14Reddick

C.J. Rivers: Cahokia, Cahokia, IL - PG: 6-2, 180. Offers: SIUC, SIUE, Miami-Ohio, Valpo, Toledo, Cornell, Brown, UIC, Wright State, Northern Kentucky. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Mizzou, Xavier, Tennessee, Drake. Latest (5/22): Rivers will visit Drake on June 12. Previous: Rivers visited Valpo with Reddick and both picked up offers. Rivers has visited SLU already. Twitter: @Cj_Rivers05

Davell Roby: White Station, Memphis, TN - PG: 6-4, 200. Offers: Memphis, Mizzou, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Mississippi State, Wake Forest, UAB. Interest: SLU, Georgetown, UMass, LaSalle, Ohio State, UConn, Cincinnati, Florida, Tennessee, SEMO. Latest (6/30): John Martin tweeted that Roby is considering Vanderbilt, UAB, Saint Louis, Tennessee, UMass, and Arkansas. He recently visited SLU. He is a HS teammate of 5-star forward Leron Black. Twitter: DavellRoby_11

Marial Shayok: Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ - SF: 6-6, 205. Offers: Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, LaSalle, Cincinnati, Boston College, Minnesota, Rutgers, Kansas State, West Virginia, Texas A&M, Georgia. Interest: SLU, VCU, Dayton, Illinois, Purdue, Gonzaga. Latest (6/6): Shayok listed West Virginia, Providence, Boston College, VCU, Cincinnati, and SLU as the schools recruiting him the hardest. He said Minnesota, Rutgers, Kansas State, Seton Hall, and Villanova are also in the mix. He has not decided on any visits yet and doesn't plan to do so until August. He is considered one of the most athletic wings in the class of 2014. He's from a big-time basketball family: His father played at Dayton, his sister plays at Detroit, and his brother just transferred to UMKC from Bradley. Twitter: ToOffical_11

his name is on intrest list here on pistol's list 2nd from bottom

All Kshoe is saying is that VC didn't really "confirm" anything they just took what someone else had already reported.

Thank you. I wasn't trying to argue just point out its not really an additional source.

By the way, after reading ben's article I no longer have any doubts...he's committed.

Great get for this staff.

Thank you. I wasn't trying to argue just point out its not really an additional source.

By the way, after reading ben's article I no longer have any doubts...he's committed.

Great get for this staff.

Every time you quote me, we end up disagreeing. I guess that's the purpose of the message board though.

Great get for Coach Crews building his own player base.

but he didn't really say anything about how he plays or anything like that

He's new to the list for all of us. He visited very recently. The kid had offers from the whole SEC and Memphis, Wake Forest, and more. This was a quick turnaround.

The main thing that you need to know is that he's a 6-4, 200-lb PG. He feeds a 5-star PF who has offers from Indiana, Kentucky, and everyone else. The tape is impressive and I have no doubt that he will be an immediate contributor in the wake of this 5-man senior class. I'm not sure how he popped up and committed so quickly, but you should be excited, not dissapointed that you didn't know his name yesterday.