Burwell: SLU hits it big, as in 'new' Big East?

Aquinas

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With GTown pushing for Richmond and Marquette pushing for Creighton it doesnt sound good for SLU if they expand to just 10. However I think if it goes to 12 we should be in good shape.

Why are those sons of ******* (Seinfeld reference) at Marquette pushing Creighton over us?

Come on what do you do? You don't work in a restaurant, or something of that ilk right? I'm sure you're quite the big deal, right?

All I can say is that I have many leather bound books. I'm afraid I can't give you any further information.

Also, you should figure who you're responding to. You've now confused me with Brianstl and BillikenFriar. I expected more from a Berkeley grad.

Hehe....sweet....So, tell us Brian, what "stupid comments", specifically? Justify myself? No, defend myself against the hilarious likes of you. See, I can actually engage in the issue. You can only attack me. Remember when this was about a poor journalist, with a poorly written story/column to unequivocally prove it? No, you don't, do you? Thanks for playing.

You made the comment that the only reason Burwell had a job is because he was a token hire. Burwell has become a lazy writer over the years at the Post, but he was a very acomplished and respected writer when he was hired. In fact, he is still highly thought of around the country. His work output may suck now, but he didn't get the job because of his race. The Post keeps him around because his name still carries cache nationally (undeserved based on his recent work) and not because he is black.

You made the comment that the only reason Burwell had a job is because he was a token hire. Burwell has become a lazy writer over the years at the Post, but he was a very acomplished and respected writer when he was hired. In fact, he is still highly thought of around the country. His work output may suck now, but he didn't get the job because of his race. The Post keeps him around because his name still carries cache nationally (undeserved based on his recent work) and not because he is black.

No, I'm afraid he was never "well respected". In certain compliant media circles perhaps, but yes, even that seems to have faded. Appearing on an espn special as a fanboy of a the topic of a documentary does not "national cache" make. Plus, I don't remember any national platform being the golden ticket to respectability.

This is far, far, far from just my opinion. Jesus, even the people he writes for (St. Louis readers) seem to have a very negative opinion of him. Recognizing what's going on doesn't make anyone a racist. What, you think they don't do minority hires in the, of all things, the US newspaper business? Come on, man.

Hmm....

I have a question for spoonie?

Why are you here?

If the answer is anything other than......

To discuss Billiken basketball....

Then you have come to the wrong place.

So I guess the other people pointing out the ridiculous of Burwell's column had come to the wrong place as well. After that, it just turned into a chance for a lot of childish, self righteous folks to attack me. Don't believe it, review the thread.

All I can say is that I have many leather bound books. I'm afraid I can't give you any further information.

Also, you should figure who you're responding to. You've now confused me with Brianstl and BillikenFriar. I expected more from a Berkeley grad.

Oh no, this applies to you as well. And your envy ankle is showing, you might want to cover that up, Pizza Boy..

So I guess the other people pointing out the ridiculous of Burwell's column had come to the wrong place as well. After that, it just turned into a chance for a lot of childish, self righteous folks to attack me. Don't believe it, review the thread.

I believe I asked you........Why are you here?

Hmm....

I have a question for spoonie?

Why are you here?

If the answer is anything other than......

To discuss Billiken basketball....

Then you have come to the wrong place.

Oh, holy crap, "The Whiz"!!!!!! Hey "Whiz", I've been meaning to toss a proposition at you: how about you and I go head to head on predicting all the remaining A-10 games, including conference tourney.

When I win, you must henceforth cease calling yourself "The Whiz" and immediately change your screen name to a name of my choosing. Conversely, you must also henceforth refer to me as "daddy".

Sound good? You in?

Oh, holy crap, "The Whiz"!!!!!! Hey "Whiz", I've been meaning to toss a proposition at you: how about you and I go head to head on predicting all the remaining A-10 games, including conference tourney.

When I win, you must henceforth cease calling yourself "The Whiz" and immediately change your screen name to a name of my choosing. Conversely, you must also henceforth refer to me as "daddy".

Sound good? You in?

I don't think you answered the question....Why are you here?

I don't think you answered the question....Why are you here?

Well, I originally came here to talk Billiken basketball. Again, you might want to go back and look at my original post and the others before that.

Now, you want to answer my question Jimmy the Greek? Me and you, head-to-head. You're not afraid are you?

Well, I originally came here to talk Billiken basketball. Again, you might want to go back and look at my original post and the others before that.

Now, you want to answer my question Jimmy the Greek? Me and you, head-to-head. You're not afraid are you?

When I see you discussing Billiken basketball again in a civil manner, we can talk about it.