OT: Notre Dame

The question is, as a future middle linebacker (and therefore defensive leader) would you rather come off as an egotistic attention seeking maniac or just a complete no common sense dumba$$?

I think there's a guy who managed to play 17 years - drawing plenty of attention to himself throughout after possibly being involved in the stabbing murder of two people - who could answer this question. Like the buddies he threw under the bus with his testimony, this Tuiasopopo character is falling on the sword whether he completely deserves it or only partially does. Hopefully Teo uses his NFL paychecks to support this guy like Ray Ray undoubtedly did.

Notre Dame fans are just embarrassing themselves with the whole "[Other Major Program] is worse!" defense. Every big-time program is guilty of a multitude of offenses. However, not all of them are pretending to be "God's Team," and not all of them pretend their student athletes ("They have to take calculus!") are superior. The SEC has seen hundreds of players arrested in the past decade but those programs are barely pretending those guys are student-athletes anymore. ND should get off its high horse and admit the same: "It ain't pretty but we love the money." Same reason they played this dead girlfriend sob story to the hilt. Except now they don't have the balls to admit that was wrong, having milked that teat even after it allegedly was brought to their attention.

There's more to the story we don't know. Either Teo is the stupidest guy alive in a sport littered with barely-literate meatheads or he's the biggest fame ***** in a sport littered with guys who refer to themselves in the third person. Neither is an attractive option. And if Teo and Tuiasopopo are telling the truth and the former really fell victim to the latter's hoax, Tuiasopopo deserves to be hired at a major sports agency. He's brilliant. He could sell anything. I could never convince any woman to spend hours every night on the phone convincing some idiot 3000 miles away that she's the love of his life.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, responding to a couple earlier posts, I don't think anyone's bitter about this. It's just a really interesting story. And why do people care? Same reason. This is completely bizarre and isn't strictly a sports story. Really interesting stuff. This is one of the funniest stories (and threads) in a while.

Completely understandable I've fallen in love with a few Billikens.com posters and I've never met them.

Be careful. I've been burned. Thought Skip was a 25-year-old woman. You can imagine my reaction when I found out the truth.

Bobby is exactly right as usual. Who cares about young women who are raped, ignored, then commit suicide? Who cares about student assistants who fall to their deaths while filming practice? Notre Dame is back winning football games, and that's all that matters.

Mods, please ban waldo and Pistol immediately for speaking ill of such a revered and respected institution as Notre Dame. Obviously, both are just jealous of not only the institution itself, but of its loyal and committed supporters. Frankly, I find it repulsive and reprehensible that they would say such hurtful things about a university of such virtue and class.

Now, come on. Let's not forget where Notre Dame got its original plan for curricula. ;)

I think this is sort of a cautionary tale for all fans, especially those who hold illusions. Just remember that you are not holier than thou, that while

you believe in your mission there are a thousand and one schools who also believe in theirs. You always want to believe in your school, and rah rah rah sis boom bah, but in reality it's all big business, even if you want to fool yourself into believing that it's not. Big time college sports is a cesspool, and

if you think your school is decidedly better than others you are a fool. At best you're marginally better.

Mods, please ban waldo and Pistol immediately for speaking ill of such a revered and respected institution as Notre Dame. Obviously, both are just jealous of not only the institution itself, but of its loyal and committed supporters. Frankly, I find it repulsive and reprehensible that they would say such hurtful things about a university of such virtue and class.

+1

Bizzle > Metz

Bobby is exactly right as usual. Who cares about young women who are raped, ignored, then commit suicide? Who cares about student assistants who fall to their deaths while filming practice? Notre Dame is back winning football games, and that's all that matters.

1) I recall a lot of the specifics, there was an unfortunate accident, a very windy day, a kid on a tower filming footballl died. Maybe someone should have realized there was potential for an accident. They did not. You think ND is evil for that? I do not.

2) I do not recall a specific rape at ND, though there are reports on all campuses and some are blown out of proportion. Smeo are valid, some are bs. So, what happended? Was it verified, did it go to court, etc, or was it typical bs? I am not going to do a jbizzle and Google/Dogpile and study this for 24 hrs. Please explain your comments, what is your beef with ND?

I think ND overall is a fine institution and plays by the rules relatively speaking. A lot of people are jealous of their long term success in football, though they slumped for a decade+, and now are back. So what? Do you hate ND? If so, why?

The student that died was Declan Sullivan. Kelly is a POS for making him go up on the lift with 40+ mph winds. The kid was scared shitless as evidenced by his tweets and knew he shouldn't be up there. Notre Dame showed gross negligence and was fined by the state for safety violations.

Read up on Lizzy Seeburg and see how the university assassinated her character after her death to protect their brand.

Te'o's girlfriend is the biggest BS to come out if ND since the movie Rudy. It's funny that Joe Montana said that movie/story is all crap.

The student that died was Declan Sullivan. Kelly is a POS for making him go up on the lift with 40+ mph winds. The kid was scared shitless as evidenced by his tweets and knew he shouldn't be up there. Notre Dame showed gross negligence and was fined by the state for safety violations.

Read up on Lizzy Seeburg and see how the university assassinated her character after her death to protect their brand.

Te'o's girlfriend is the biggest BS to come out if ND since the movie Rudy. It's funny that Joe Montana said that movie/story is all crap.

I highly doubt Brian Kelly tells every manager their daily duties. So I highly doubt he told him to go up there. That whole thing was a freak accident... Are you really trying to sell that he's a piece of because he purposely sends kids to their death?

As for the whole Seeburg thing, I would like your definition of rape because according to her personal account she wrote up it doesn't sound like rape to me.

I highly doubt Brian Kelly tells every manager their daily duties. So I highly doubt he told him to go up there. That whole thing was a freak accident... Are you really trying to sell that he's a piece of because he purposely sends kids to their death?

As for the whole Seeburg thing, I would like your definition of rape because according to her personal account she wrote up it doesn't sound like rape to me.

Doesn't sound like rape to you, eh? I guess that makes everything okie dokie. I would be careful if I were you in trying to qualify what "legitimate rape" is.

All I'm saying is to read what she wrote on the report before you make your opinion because after I read it I think people reported it different than what happened. The kid should have been punished, but the claim was touching her breasts, which is definitely assault, but I don't classify that as rape

I think reasonable people think that the death of the student was an unfortunate accident, an incredibly unusual circumstance (high winds, a tower) and not something that is worthy of demonizing a top Catholic University.

OK, I scanned the Seeburg incident, two sides of the story, I do not think anyone knows what happened, but she had seen a therapist for years, was on a very potent anitdepressant medication. There are reports every week or so of some female making a claim of this nature in the high profile sports world, and we all know a lot of them are false, a lot of them are true, but we will sometimes never know the real truth. She just said he touched her breasts, not "good" but not rape. Again, nothing worthy of demonizing a top Catholic University.

The Te'o thing is unbelievable, makes no sense, there is no motive for his behavior, he could not be that stupid, could need therapy / patholigical liar, gay, who knows. Either way I agree with you that this is a lot of BS but I do not hate ND for initially defending him based on the known facts.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="showthebill" data-cid="336698" data-time="1358610764"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TRN" data-cid="336693" data-time="1358568814"><p>The student that died was Declan Sullivan. Kelly is a POS for making him go up on the lift with 40+ mph winds. The kid was scared shitless as evidenced by his tweets and knew he shouldn't be up there. Notre Dame showed gross negligence and was fined by the state for safety violations.<br />

<br />

Read up on Lizzy Seeburg and see how the university assassinated her character after her death to protect their brand.<br />

<br />

Te'o's girlfriend is the biggest BS to come out if ND since the movie Rudy. It's funny that Joe Montana said that movie/story is all crap.</p></blockquote>

I highly doubt Brian Kelly tells every manager their daily duties. So I highly doubt he told him to go up there. That whole thing was a freak accident... Are you really trying to sell that he's a piece of because he purposely sends kids to their death?<br />

<br />

As for the whole Seeburg thing, I would like your definition of rape because according to her personal account she wrote up it doesn't sound like rape to me. </p></blockquote>

Well, Jim Tressel was concerned enough about weather to pull his student managers down at the same time.

I dont know if well be inside or out, Tressel told Ohio reporters 24 hours before the Notre Dame tragedy. It looks a little nasty. I worry about our cameramen, their well-being up there 50 feet in the air.

At the end if the day he is responsinle for the safety of everyone tied to the program at practice. i can guarantee you he would look out for his players more than he did Sullivan. So, yes Kelly is a piece of .

Where did I say the Seeberg girl was raped? I said ND destroyed her reputation after death and questioned her mental health. That's real honorable, attack the character of a dead girl taking meds for mental illness. And I guess it's ok to you for people to go around foundling coeds without recourse? That's assault any way you want to define it.

In addition to what TRN said, the football team continued to practice after the lift fell. The university somehow convinced his family not to sue. No one from the football program was fired. Brian Kelly sure as hell did not say "Don't go up there, it's too dangerous." His only option is to say to his boss, "I'm not going up there" and risk getting fired.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="showthebill" data-cid="336698" data-time="1358610764"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TRN" data-cid="336693" data-time="1358568814"><p>The student that died was Declan Sullivan. Kelly is a POS for making him go up on the lift with 40+ mph winds. The kid was scared shitless as evidenced by his tweets and knew he shouldn't be up there. Notre Dame showed gross negligence and was fined by the state for safety violations.<br />

<br />

Read up on Lizzy Seeburg and see how the university assassinated her character after her death to protect their brand.<br />

<br />

Te'o's girlfriend is the biggest BS to come out if ND since the movie Rudy. It's funny that Joe Montana said that movie/story is all crap.</p></blockquote>

I highly doubt Brian Kelly tells every manager their daily duties. So I highly doubt he told him to go up there. That whole thing was a freak accident... Are you really trying to sell that he's a piece of because he purposely sends kids to their death?<br />

<br />

As for the whole Seeburg thing, I would like your definition of rape because according to her personal account she wrote up it doesn't sound like rape to me. </p></blockquote>

Well, Jim Tressel was concerned enough about weather to pull his student managers down at the same time.

I dont know if well be inside or out, Tressel told Ohio reporters 24 hours before the Notre Dame tragedy. It looks a little nasty. I worry about our cameramen, their well-being up there 50 feet in the air.

At the end if the day he is responsinle for the safety of everyone tied to the program at practice. i can guarantee you he would look out for his players more than he did Sullivan. So, yes Kelly is a piece of .

Where did I say the Seeberg girl was raped? I said ND destroyed her reputation after death and questioned her mental health. That's real honorable, attack the character of a dead girl taking meds for mental illness. And I guess it's ok to you for people to go around foundling coeds without recourse? That's assault any way you want to define it.

You sure make a lot of assumptions. So every rare weird accident, someone is a piece of sh*t. And a gal made a claim, her word is gold, you say. I say, maybe, but maybe not. I never said I condone fondling women, you ******. I said the facts were not established. And she and her family attacked ND, they defended themselves with facts. Depressed, saw shrink, took anitdepressants. I think NCAA sports are marred with a lot of players who should not even be in college, especially football players, but including basketball players. In this instance, however, I defend ND's position against any dweeb who just hates ND because of their national brand and established success. The two incidents you cite do not justify your position. Freak accident and a "he-said-she-said-who-knows?" Hey, I am no ND fan, but I respect that they are generally above the fray ethics wise as it relates to NCAA sports, though they, too have issues, especially when circumstances like these arise. I am done with this topic.

Completely understandable I've fallen in love with a few Billikens.com posters and I've never met them.

Be careful. I've been burned. Thought Skip was a 25-year-old woman. You can imagine my reaction when I found out the truth.

Don't act like you weren't interested anyway. Don't think I didn't notice you eyeballing me when you thought I wasn't looking. And then ... trying to impress me with your craft beer knowledge. Not to mention your time in the "queen" city.

Don't act like you weren't interested anyway. Don't think I didn't notice you eyeballing me when you thought I wasn't looking. And then ... trying to impress me with your craft beer knowledge. Not to mention your time in the "queen" city.

And I'm back there now. Drinking beer. Trying to get over it.

You sure make a lot of assumptions. So every rare weird accident, someone is a piece of sh*t. And a gal made a claim, her word is gold, you say. I say, maybe, but maybe not. I never said I condone fondling women, you ******. I said the facts were not established. And she and her family attacked ND, they defended themselves with facts. Depressed, saw shrink, took anitdepressants. I think NCAA sports are marred with a lot of players who should not even be in college, especially football players, but including basketball players. In this instance, however, I defend ND's position against any dweeb who just hates ND because of their national brand and established success. The two incidents you cite do not justify your position. Freak accident and a "he-said-she-said-who-knows?" Hey, I am no ND fan, but I respect that they are generally above the fray ethics wise as it relates to NCAA sports, though they, too have issues, especially when circumstances like these arise. I am done with this topic.

-----------------------

Get over yourself, I was replying to showthebill and not you - learn to read.

I didn't say her word was gold, I said Notre Dame smeared her name. Sometimes a no comment is better than digging up everything on a dead kid.

And yes, Kelly is a piece of , a 20 year old died due to his inaction and incompetence. Someone DYING under his watch is kind of a big deal. At least the team managed to finish practice that day for him.

Congrats on ND's great success recently, ******. They are not above the fray, they just like to give everyone the impression they are. At least they found a sucker in you to believe the myth.