the streets

I thought Bobbitt and Whaley were gone and L-ville's JUCO declared for the draft and Slick Rick is pissed about it.

Yeah, that Muhammed kid is going to get a lot of jeers on the road. Nice play on words there too! It is similar to some e-mails I've had with friends regarding JonBenet Ramsey's father running for the House of Reps in Michigan (he'll slaughther the opposition!).

FYI, the coach at Chiploa was a player under Brad at Loras.

i am still upset about the way cincy took this muhammed kid from baylor. huggins seems to definitely be slipping back into the huggins of the early 90's.

>i am still upset about the way cincy took this muhammed kid

>from baylor. huggins seems to definitely be slipping back

>into the huggins of the early 90's.

Let's not absolve the kid from this whole thing in not keeping his word. L-ville is doing the same thing trying to get a kid from Xavier to replace Telfair.

Of course, maybe Muhammed changed his mind after he realized he had just committed to Baylor and was worried he might not live though the rest of his career :). Considering how strict a Baptist school it is I can see how me might rethink that decision.

If the choice is being "guard heavy" or guard light....I'll go with the "guard heavy". Coach Soderberg will have some interesting options:

Polk - Alexander - Bryant >>>>> think quickness/points

Alexander/Polk - Drejaj - Izik/Meyer >>>>> perimeter defense

Polk - Clarke - Meyer >>>>> think youth

Drejaj - Bryant - Izik >>>>> think experience

etc - etc - etc

May 29, 2001

Rowley, Alexander Like Iowa Schools

Brian Neubert

Gold & Black Illustrated

BLOOMINGTON — If Antwan Alexander has his way, he won't be separated from Indianapolis Arlington High School teammate Delco Rowley anytime soon.

Though Rowley, a 6-foot-8 forward, says he's wide open at this point in the recruiting process, Alexander, a 6-2 guard, tells a different story.

"That's what we plan on doing, going to school together. We're like brothers," Alexander said at this past weekend's Nike Memorial Day Classic AAU tournament in Bloomington. "That's why we like Iowa and Iowa State. Those are probably our No. 1 choices."

Rowley, who was scheduled to unofficially visit Purdue today, lists Iowa, Iowa State, Purdue and Ohio State as his favorites. All have offered, except Purdue. Wright State has also offered.

"I'm really wide open," Rowley said. "I'm going to play the summer out. I couldn't decide right now."

Alexander lists Iowa, Iowa State, Purdue and Louisville as some of his favorites. Iowa State is his only offer.

Neither player has qualified yet, and Alexander in particular is an academic question mark. He was ineligible for the first half of Arlington's season this year.

"I don't know much about schools right now," Alexander said. "We'll have to see how I play this summer to see if more options open up.

"Right now I'm concerned about my grades, so I'm going to let my grades do the talking."

This past season, Rowley averaged 11.0 points and 8.0 rebounds for 14-8 Arlington.

After missing the first 12 games of the season, Alexander returned to the lineup and averaged 14.0 points and 5.0 rebounds in Arlington's final 10 games.

Both players said they expect to attend Purdue's first-ever Elite Camp this weekend, as will several other top Boilermaker recruiting targets, including Evansville Mater Dei forward Matt Kiefer.

Does anyone know what his injury was? Did it affect his play and/or leaping ability? Did his injury cause his drop in scoring production? Why was he still available? He looks like a great find but I'd like answers to the above questions.

From a big time scorer in highschool to a 10-11 point scorer in JUCO. He went from being the #4 recruit in IN to an average scorer 2 years later (after a year of medical redshirt). I'm just wondering if his athletic ability has been impaired by his injury(ies). I believe I saw something about him having 2 knee operations and that makes me wonder if he has lost any of the ability that he displayed in highschool.

It seems like all the very positive info we have seen on him is based on his highschool days.

>played in 30 of team's 31 games (20-11)

>ave. 10.7 pts per games, second highest on team to leader's 11.2 pts

>scored 321 total pts., second highest to leader's total of 348 pts.

>made 110 of 198 2pters == 56%

>made 18 of 66 3pters == 27%

>made 47 of 56 FTs == 84%

>had 68 rebounds, with 53 rebounds being on defensive boards

>had 85 assists, 59 turnovers and 33 steals

*Wabash Valley plays in one of the better D1 juco leagues/regions

if he was only a half of point from leading the team in scoring average, it sounds like he just played in a system that either didnt run up the score or played a lot of players thus spread the wealth. i wouldnt read a lot into the bauman drop.