Luncheon with Coach Crews next week

GoBills

I just got invited to the Billikens Luncheon with Coach Crews at the Missouri Athletic Club next Tuesday. Is anybody else going? It is open to the public. I remember Coach Crews from his playing days at Indiana. My sister was going to IU at the time. Of course I later remember him coaching against the Bills at Evansville, but this will be my first time meeting him. I plan to ask him if he shares the optimism Coach Majerus had for John Manning. Also, curious how difficult recruiting has been under the circumstances. It should be interesting to hear from him in his new role.

I'm afraid we've been blacklisted.

I was blacklisted after the last luncheon when I tried to show Chris May how close you need to get to the other player when playing defense. It never occurred to me that is only acceptable in a Majerus coached practice.

maybe bizzle is the reason that all of the obc is now being blackballed. i never had a problem getting invites before this year to any billiken club luncheon/event. all at once i have fallen off the face of the billiken blue earth. thanks bizzle. just had to show that 6" didnt you?

Actually, I think it might have been me. Another OBC member (willie) graciously invited me to give a speech at the MAC and I made a joke about how it was the only smokin' place to go downtown anymore. I'm sure it was either that or the line about swimming nekkid. (Hey, in that direction, maybe bizzle and I are both on the offenders' list!)

Which public is it open to? Old Boys Club members? Those on the supersecret SLU invitation list? MAC smokers? Enquiring minds want to know!

Open to the entire public. I attended a few years ago when Coach Majerus was there. I think he answered questions for about 90 minutes. Conklin and Cassity were also there to speak, so hopefully they bring along some of the players this year. I am not a member or part of any special group and they even let a hillbilly like me in! I just called to add a guy to our group today who is also not a member. The reservation number is 314-539-4470. I will be interested to hear Coach Crews thoughts on recruiting.

-i thought Crews did a very good job, he was very personable and upbeat

-both at this event and the one on saturday the ADept is pumping the 'bring a friend to a game' concept

-great line about ranking the bad refs as great so they would move to the big 10 with no reaction from bob knight

-said DE matured a bunch at or after the end of last season and seems to get it more now, RL is looking good and all the bigs would get the minutes left by BC

-KM told him yesterday to make sure the guys had a good practice

-more or less Crews said Senior Night is what college bball is all about, the kids invested in the school and the team for 4 years and it is great to recognize them for that and show the other players what it can be

-whoever asked, why ask about a mizzou game???

-May said next week full tv schedule to be announced with 23 on the docket

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of games on TV this year instead of on my computer.

I think a lot of those 23 are going to be St. Louis telecasts. There are 11/12 games on national cable according to previous releases (6 on CBS Sports, 3/4 on ESPNU and 2 NBC Sports). None of them are channels for neutrals but it will nice to have that many games on TV. There are a few more that might be on regional sports channels but if there really are 23 games that many of them will be locally produced.

Is that really all Crews had to say?

Did he say what he told me earlier he would be using RM offense and defense? He said there is a difference in the way RM's teams set picks

and how he has always taught it when I talked to him.