SLU v Creighton (Soccer)

SLUBALLS

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I want to say I'm not surprised as I've been saying all year that McGinty has the team playing very well and we are on our way to being a good team.

But ... to go on the road against a top 10 team and win 3-1 is beyond what I expected. Had we got out with a 1-0 game which seemed to be played even or even less possession wise for us, I wouldn't be surprised as those things happen in soccer. I didn't get to watch this game but by all accounts it looks like we didn't just get away with a win. It appears we dominated play and the game. To have them close the gap to 1 and then we come back to take it to a 2 goal lead again is a sign.

I can't wait until the next game. I'm really excited about this team.

We did dominate. Creighton just could not get anything solid going as we kept pressuring the hell out of the ball, forcing turnover after turnover. I was worried about the right flank of Creighton as they had a couple skilled players getting down that side but Roeckle did a great job keeping them in check. Two Top 25 wins this year is well beyond what I hoped for. Just grabbing one would have been great. And we should have tied Indy at minimum Love the direction of the team right now. And the youth.....man, takes me back to the days of Vedad, Johnny D, Will, Matteson, etc. Glad we have Central Arkansas coming in for homecoming next weekend.

What exictes me about this team is the style of play. I love to just watch us dominate the possession of the ball ... right now we seem to want to push the ball down the wings the majority of the time, but I believe as Graydon gains experience and continues to get better as an attacking mid, we'll have more options and we'll play it through him more.

How much did Robbie and Adnon play together?

Was Dante not playing well to get subbed for so early? I've seen him play timid and not take on defenders and I've seen him look real confident and just get down the wing at will. Having him and Lee both available at left mid gives us alot of depth there. Lee's a little stronger and better on the ball, but Dante is so quick down the wing. And to one is a soph and the others a frosh.

No idea why Dante came off but maybe they recognized a match up issue for Dante. Adnan and Kristo were on together but I think it was only for some of the second half. Maybe 25 minutes at most? Adnan came on for Bryce I believe.

The guy I am curious about is Hidalgo who started nearly every game last year. He's gotten some playing time this year but nowhere near like last year.

No idea why Dante came off but maybe they recognized a match up issue for Dante. Adnan and Kristo were on together but I think it was only for some of the second half. Maybe 25 minutes at most? Adnan came on for Bryce I believe.

The guy I am curious about is Hidalgo who started nearly every game last year. He's gotten some playing time this year but nowhere near like last year.

Hildago has not looked great when he's been on. Plus you're not going to play him wide in the midfield, so is he'd have to play for Graydon. They've subbed him in a few times but more for D. I don't know if it's just me but he looks thicker

We have so many good midfielders. I think you can point to Graydon as a large part of the reason we haven't seen much of Hidalgo. You CAN'T play him over Robson or Sweetin. Brangman has been solid and obviously Lee made a huge case for why he deserves to be in the 11.

We did dominate. Creighton just could not get anything solid going as we kept pressuring the hell out of the ball, forcing turnover after turnover. I was worried about the right flank of Creighton as they had a couple skilled players getting down that side but Roeckle did a great job keeping them in check. Two Top 25 wins this year is well beyond what I hoped for. Just grabbing one would have been great. And we should have tied Indy at minimum Love the direction of the team right now. And the youth.....man, takes me back to the days of Vedad, Johnny D, Will, Matteson, etc. Glad we have Central Arkansas coming in for homecoming next weekend.

We will have a couple more shots to knock off top 25 teams, too.

From what I have seen/heard about this team, I believe there is no reason why we shouldn't be in the top 25. Our days of non-national prominent soccer might possibly be over with the new team and coach. Now if we could only add another star onto our kit! Luckily this team is set up to be good for a while with a huge underclassman group and a coach that can really recruit.

Top Drawer ranks SLU at 41. Creighton at 11. Xavier, Charlotte, and Dayton all ranked ahead of the Billikens there. Some other minor players in the A-10 had some decent non-conf wins. Two coaches polls out later today.

http://www.topdrawer...ent-ranking/men

Now that just seems silly to me. We have 2 wins against their top 25, one on the road by 2 goals. A 1 goal loss vs their #7 plus a 1 goal overtime loss at their #40.

Compare the results of some of those ranked above us. Do these guys have a clue?

NC State? They have 1 win against a team with a winning record they are 0-1 vs top 25 and 2 losses to teams not ranked in even the top 50

Louisville whom we beat? Can't see how they have a better resume than we do

Creighton? Really? Love to hear that explained. They have a 1-1 draw at home against Akron plus a road win at 45 St. Mary's they also have 2 home losses against 41 us and 15 ODU.

I can't imagine I'd ever pull up their rankings again except for a laugh

I don't care about getting ranked in the national polls this year, but let's get our self in position to make the tournament. Our the regoinnal rankings still as big as they used to be in this? The last regoinal rankings I saw didn't have us in the top 10.

These regional rankings from last week had us at 6

http://www.nscaa.com/rankings/1244/NCAADivisionI/men/MidAtlantic/Poll4?preview=5ebeb6065f64f2346dbb00ab789cf001