Butler to a-10 official per ESPN/Katz

This really is huge. Great team with great recent success and a geographic proximity for SLU, Dayton, and Xavier. I would be very excited about playing Butler, Dayton, and X twice each per season. VCU and G Mason might be good, but Creighton would be better if not far less likely. Makes travel a heck of a lot more convenient and less expensive.

I dont know why everyone thinks that Creighton would be willing to leave the Valley for this poor geographical fit. Yes, it would be great cause they are a great program, make our travel easier and play in a bigger conference but they are 400 miles from us and that makes it a long shot, very long shot. You think we ***** about travel, what would that be like? Their fanbase travels real well and I just think you have to look at it more logically than anything and think them joining would be a real long shot, even if some national writers mention it I dont think this is something that is a possibility

I dont know why everyone thinks that Creighton would be willing to leave the Valley for this poor geographical fit. Yes, it would be great cause they are a great program, make our travel easier and play in a bigger conference but they are 400 miles from us and that makes it a long shot, very long shot. You think we ***** about travel, what would that be like? Their fanbase travels real well and I just think you have to look at it more logically than anything and think them joining would be a real long shot, even if some national writers mention it I dont think this is something that is a possibility

Because CU made contact with the A10.

I don't know who Pelican is, but I can tell you that he clearly knows more details than almost anyone else on this board. And I cannot recall him ever posting any B.S.

I also know he is a big fan of the announcers for Portland!

love this move. Cant believe I didnt know who the A10 commish was before this. Did she sign the TV contract were on right now? Love to see what she does with that if its her first one. I'd love to see us move to NBC sports.

No, she did not sign the current TV contract - that was the previous commish. I have high hopes that she will do a better job on the new one - with Butler coming she has some bargaining chips since now the league has upped its profile nationally geography wise. When she was hired, she spoke about the problem with the current TV contract and that she understood the frustration of many of the schools with it.

Pelican knows what is going on. He's correct on what he posted.

A link would put the naysayers to bed. I know this ###### CREI, but I missed this story as well.

has Sarah Phillips reported the move yet? I won't believe it until i hear it from her

Nilesh Prasad is working on it.

ok cool - I believe it then! Let's send Nilesh some $$ and celebrate!

-he might know what is going on but perhaps he could have conveyed it differently

Which part:

1. The part where I said CU made contact,

2. The part I said I reported it,

3. The part I told PB to quit being an idiot after he insulted me.

Choose.

Which part:

1. The part where I said CU made contact,

2. The part I said I reported it,

3. The part I told PB to quit being an idiot after he insulted me.

Choose.

I'll choose. It's number 3, obviously. You must have pretty thin skin to whip out "idiot" because a poster didn't know you were a credible source and ribbed you a little. Then you overreact to Cowboy for suggesting you could have handled it differently.

For PB:

"Creighton, of the Missouri Valley Conference, also has been mentioned as a possibility for the Atlantic 10. Father Timothy Lannon, Creighton's president since 2011, was previously president for eight years at St. Joseph's, so there's a political connection between the league and the school. However, Creighton – the only Catholic university in the MVC – is a poor geographical fit, so the Blue Jays might be a long shot."

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/brett-mcmurphy/18045227/vcu-george-mason-butler-in-discussions-to-join-atlantic-10

Here is BlueJay board discussing it:

http://creighton.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2688&tid=154189143&mid=154189143&sid=1209&style=2