Do you guys think our game with MSU had any effect on how they played last night???

I think that Draymond is there only player and it showed. Appling does not impress me at all. MSU showed why it was considered the weakest 1 seed. Our "good" loss doesnt really look that good now after MSU gets drubbed by UL.

I think that Draymond is there only player and it showed. Appling does not impress me at all. MSU showed why it was considered the weakest 1 seed. Our "good" loss doesnt really look that good now after MSU gets drubbed by UL.

It shows how winnable the game was.

Shows how a team with no 4 or 5-star recruits took a team laden with MacDonald's All-Americans to the brink and how invaluable Rick Majerus is to the U.

Pitino should send Rick a bouquet of flowers for all the game footage.

I'll take Exposed #1 Seeds for $1000, Alex.

Also, did you hear that UofL did not travel back to the Ville after their first round games in Portland? They just jetted down to PHX and held practices there. MSU traveled back to EL, then flew to PHX. Perhaps the turn-around travel schedule took some of the wind out of their sails?

Give me a break. It doesn't take anything away from SLU. Louisville just won the Big East Tournament, and the team is filled with McDonald's All-Americans. It's not like Michigan St. just lost to a bunch of scrubs. Not to mention that Pitino is also a Hall of Fame coach who is 10-0 in Sweet Sixteen games.

I think if what Metz said is true then that would have more impact than us. These are kids, how can they not recover from a game that happened a few days ago? Now, the loss of practice or prep time going to travel time, that could have had a role. I just didn't think MSU was that good to begin with.

The U of L loss I think was expected. They were hot and have been hot for some time (last12 games).

Also, the least relevant loss in terms of "look" is your last loss of the season so it really doesn't matter at this point if it look better or worse since that has zero value at this point.

Enter: Next Year. That's all I care about at this point.

The U of L loss I think was expected. They were hot and have been hot for some time (last12 games).

Also, the least relevant loss in terms of "look" is your last loss of the season so it really doesn't matter at this point if it look better or worse since that has zero value at this point.

Enter: Next Year. That's all I care about at this point.

+1. We need to concern ourselves with the trip to UW and defending our court against the Lobo attack, etc.

if we didnt shoot so poorly in the first 35 minutes of the msu game, we could have won by maybe 7+

Mathematically speaking, you are correct. It is really amazing that we kept it as close as we did given our shooting percentage vs. theirs. They really did play the game of their year against us. We, however, did not play anywhere near our best game, probably due to nerves, lack of experience in the tournament, and bad luck.

Nonetheless, next year looks VERY bright.

We need to concern ourselves with the trip to UW

If they could somehow schedule the UW game on the Saturday before the Rams play at the Seahawks...that would be a trip worth making.

I'm w/ Taj Mahal on this one. MSU was ready to be brought down by the Billikens. Heck, if we'd hit like 3 or 4 of those 7-10 wide open 3's we'd have been in Phoenix last night. Appling got hot and Green found him wide open at the opportune moment. You know why? Because RM told the Bills to stop Green and defend the interior. He wasn't worried about Appling. Even, Appling said he got a lot of open looks because we were daring him to shoot. The best analogy is if suddenly Dwayne Polk got hot and tore up some unsuspecting Defense. Sadly, that never happened for us. We stood toe to toe w/ the Spartys, and Izzo knows he was lucky to get out of Nationwide with a W. Our guys watching that game last night were probably crying about the L to MSU.