hate to bring up politics....

Reading comprehension 101 final, no matter whether you are a registered R, D, or Other.

Define "removed shrapnel," as written by an attending commissioned medical officer providing treatment. For extra credit, please use the following phrases in a statement: "superior" and "Mizzou 2003/04 basketball season."

Once again, footnotes and explanations...

Six years active duty, one of four brothers who served in the US military. Two West Point grads, two brothers serving in active duty currently in country.

Anytime I see questions about injuries received in battle, or questions about meritorious war service, I look for Bronze Stars and Purple Hearts. If there are credible medical records that document shrapnel fragments removed by an attending commissioned medical professional, all questions have been answered. Period.

Extra Credit

During the the Mizzou 2003/04 basketball season, three staff photographers were nominated for "Excellence Awards" within the Big 12 community. Unfortunately, the basketball team never realized the same standard.

You are right, I do know more about Mizzou activities than you. My cousin's daughter is a journalism student and an oustanding photographer. She busted her butt to get some outstanding photos, and is being rewarded for her hard work.

My first cousin through marriage was an all conference cornerback back in the Devine/Onofrio days. Friends have been scholar atheletes on golf, football, basketball, and baseball squads at Mizzou. And all of them know the difference between a true sports fan, and a casual Mizzou bball fan.

Here is a good trivia question for you. Name ten players from SLU and Mizzou's varsity sports programs that currently play in the big leagues. As one of SLU's most ardent fans, this should be easy for you on the blue and white side of the answer!

Brad Davis, Dipsy Selowane, Jason Cole, Joe Hammes Jack Jewsbury, Megan Burke, Wes Jaillet, Dan Shouse, Brad Wehrfritz, Larry Hughes, Justin Love, Maurice Jeffers, Chris Heinrich, Marque Perry. These are just SOME of the names that are currently or very recently been playing in leagues of their sports post-SLU. This list is probably not complete, but in mens soccer, womens soccer, baseball and basketball we have had a decent following in the "pros" in the last couple of years.

Some prison loving by a represnetative from every special interest group that he panders to but couldn't walk down his street without being hassled by the police. BUT LET"S FACE IT! HE WENT TO VIETNAM! It was an unpopular war and the medals were flowing. We needed heros coming back. We look really bad being critical of Kerry for getting a Purple Heart for a paper cut. If you want to make him look like the horses ass he is, point out that our hero threw the medals over the white house fence. Well, someones medals anyway. He's a waffle flopper but still he served.

Rich, I like your direct style. Disagree or not, I know where you are coming from and I can read a couple logical reasons how you are thinking.

I try to seperate war from politics, because I have very strong feelings about all our brothers in arms serving in harm's way. I do believe that many people use Iraq as a baiting argument, trying to position Bush on one side and Kerry on the other. Concern for and protection of our men and women serving cuts across all party lines and runs deeply through all Americans' hearts.

Oftentimes politics is another word for creating canyons out of cracks.

Goat, I knew you would be sharp enough to catch on right away, and thanks for including one of our finer lady atheletes as well.:>

I don't like Kerry one bit, but I'll have to leave any debate of his military record to those who served and particularly those who served in Vietnam.

As to Kerry's positions, assertions, demeanor, etc., I find the man completely barren of intellect, compassion and humility.

about kerry not having any "good" qualities. i for one think he resembles abe lincoln more than any political figure since abe.

now other than that, i cant think of anything.

Kerry, who is pretty much just like every other democratic president ever to serve...

or...

Bush, who is quickly leading us toward World War III, the hatred of the entire world, and 4 more years of horrible prime time news conferences.

The fact that I will never have to listen to that bumbling chimpanzee talk again is reason enough for me to vote for Kerry.

And this crap about supporting our troops? Wanting the troops at home building up our economy is not support?

As far as I'm concerned, gas prices are low on the list of worries right now. I would agree that the Republicans have done a poor job of communicating and marketing their position. Bush is clearly not an orator and perhaps that's why we get less dialogue than say a Clinton.

I'll say at the outset that I find myself less likely to label myself a Democrat or Republican. Each of these parties has subsets, with which I wouldn't want to be identified. For those of us who are Roman Catholics, we are really almost called upon to vote for a conservative candidate merely because of the party's relative position on the issue of life. This is a CORE philosophy difference and one that is of the utmost importance in shaping our society now and in the future. If you are not a Roman Catholic, you can certainly vote your own conscience.

My greatest fear with regard to Kerry is his economic plan. Aside from the disparity in foreign wages, jobs have fled overseas from the US in principle part because of faulty US tax rules that were put into place under a Democratic Congress in the late 50's early 60's. The U.S.' tax rules put US companies on a bit of an unequal footing with foreign companies (in territorial regimes) and encourage companies to leave a lot of profit outside the US. This leads to US companies using funds outside the US to further investments outside the US. Kerry's tax plan could encourage US companies to move HQ's outside the US. You think there is a lot of patriotism in corporate America? Look at Tyco, Hellen of Troy, Stanley Tools who have already moved outside the US nd many others who are shifting operations outside the US (Ernst & Young and PwC-- "shared" centers in India). Bill Clinton was at least a fiscal conservative (morally as liberal as possible). Kerry bends with the wind, but seems to be fiscally and morally liberal-- a bad combination as far as I'm concerned.