Washington / St. Joes / Xaiver

We should be rooting for these teams to do well (except for playing us of course)....

Ironically, if X beats Dayton and SLU, and makes the finals...they will be Top 50. Should we root for St. Joes to make the finals? If we don't make it, I say yes. If we make it, I'd like to play Temple. I think Wash could win the PAC12. If they do or get to the final game, they will prob break Top 50....

RPI

54 Washington

57 Saint Joseph's

58 Xavier

58 Xavier

We are going to be fine, but the one that would help us most is Washington winning the Pac-12 tournament. Even though it is below the A-10 in terms of RPI, seeing that we beat the champion of one of the Big 6 conferences will probably go a long way with the committee

This is all pretty stupid to me. Record vs top 50, 0-2. Record vs top 58, 4-2. Good enough for me

It may stupid to you (and it is to me too), but when you have stat sheets that look like this and you have people on the committee that will specifically focus on "Top 50" wins, it could make a difference. We'll get in, but it could help seeding...

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/pdfs/2012/2012+03-06+mbb+team+sheets

This is all pretty stupid to me. Record vs top 50, 0-2. Record vs top 58, 4-2. Good enough for me

Once you get on the selection committee, we will care about what is "good enough" for you. Until then, Top 50 wins are immensely important in tie breaking scenarios.

But what about the all important "eye test" :wacko::blink::unsure::ph34r::rolleyes:

We took a stick in the eye when we lost to RI. But, hopefully, winning the next 2, X and one on the road, will make our vision chart a little clearer to the committee. Still we've got beat LaSalle. I'm firmly convinced the committee has a strong BCS bias and the only way to counter that is by winning games you should win.

annnnnnd Washington goes down..

They dropped to 68 in the RPI...there goes one of our potential Top 50 wins...I really thought Washington would win a few in the Pac-12 Tourney and become one of our best wins...

They dropped to 68 in the RPI...there goes one of our potential Top 50 wins...I really thought Washington would win a few in the Pac-12 Tourney and become one of our best wins...

On the flip side - they are most likely on the wrong side of the bubble now. Pac12 likely to only get 1 team in the tournament...maybe 2.

On the flip side - they are most likely on the wrong side of the bubble now. Pac12 likely to only get 1 team in the tournament...maybe 2.

Washington will still make it. Remember the committee's new found interest in conference winners who don't win their tournament? Hello Huskies. PAC 12 is getting at least 3 teams in.