Open Letter to Students

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever happened to "Build it and They will Come". Isn't this why they built the Fetz on campus to begin with. All a bunch of BS. I don't think it has anything to do with money, banners, etc., it has to do with sturdents who don't give a rats a@@, and while I am at it, most of the non graduates of SLU that live in the Metro area don't give a crap. A lot has to do with mediocracy over the past decade, I'm just sayin

Jimbo, the beast that 05 was abusing a few years ago was from UMKC. I found the thread on that one:

http://www.billikens...kc&fromsearch=1

Posted Image

Hahaha nice work, kind sir. I knew it was archived on here somewhere. I'm going to do a google image search with that picture once I get home. I'm hoping for "bridge troll" at best, "airplane ###### meteor" at worst.

Hahaha nice work, kind sir. I knew it was archived on here somewhere. I'm going to do a google image search with that picture once I get home. I'm hoping for "bridge troll" at best, "airplane ###### meteor" at worst.

I think I still have that photo on my computer. The amount of middle fingers in that photo is impressive.

great work 05...you need to send that letter through email to the student body...get it printed in the U News...post it in the dorm elevators. what a bunch of losers....

+1

05, my wife said last night that you ought to post this around campus where students will read it. Her point was that if they aren't making the short walk over to Chaifetz for free pizza and free tickets, they're probably not reading billikens.com. Even if it's too late for the UNews, this is a conversation that needs to be started on campus.

Her fat, stubby fingers are one of the many disgusting things about her.

+1

Here we have a rare photo of her without barbecue sauce slathered across her cheeks and stubby fingers. I would Photoshop that ###### in if I knew how and then have it ready for the next time we encounter UMKC.

+1

05, my wife said last night that you ought to post this around campus where students will read it. Her point was that if they aren't making the short walk over to Chaifetz for free pizza and free tickets, they're probably not reading billikens.com. Even if it's too late for the UNews, this is a conversation that needs to be started on campus.

I may do that, slufan13 you in to help?

Any truth to the rumor that many students showed up for the free pizza and didn't stay for the game?

Overall, I would say that's not true. Because the AD often gives the Band the extra pizzas and we had like 15 - 20 pizzas to split last night. I don't think they came at all.

The pizza was for seniors and transfers, btw. And they reserved the front 5 or 6 rows for the seniors, which really messes up the section. We had people sitting down last night in Row 4, unacceptable.

Overall, I would say that's not true. Because the AD often gives the Band the extra pizzas and we had like 15 - 20 pizzas to split last night. I don't think they came at all.

The pizza was for seniors and transfers, btw. And they reserved the front 5 or 6 rows for the seniors, which really messes up the section. We had people sitting down last night in Row 4, unacceptable.

People sitting down at all in the student section is unacceptable.

I may do that, slufan13 you in to help?

For sure.

A couple of thoughts.

I think the athletic department/slunatics/whoever does a pretty good job of marketing the games to the students.

My suggestion would be that we start earlier. We allow for the homework/work excuse when we don't advertise the game until gameday.

Also we need to put the gameday banner up on Gries again. I don't care if it's old, it still catches people's attention.

Another suggestion would be to get those little gameday signs up earlier. It doesn't do any good if we put them up at like noon. A lot of people are already done with class by then.

But also, I just think that a lot of the students simply don't care. Some of them aren't aware of how good the team is, but I think the majority of people really don't care or don't want to care.

I'm not expecting a good crowd for Saturday even though it's Mardi Gras. First of all its Fordham so nobody will care. And second, I'm seeing a trend develop this year where nobody shows up anyway.

People sitting down at all in the student section is unacceptable.

Baby steps, I suppose. Three step plan:

1. Fill it for more than Dayton, X, and Temple

2. Having everyone standing up, including the wedge by the tunnel

3. People actually making noise

4. People being wild enough to force security to consistently throw people out of the 'Fetz

Baby steps, I suppose. Three step plan:

1. Fill it for more than Dayton, X, and Temple

2. Having everyone standing up, including the wedge by the tunnel

3. People actually making noise

4. People being wild enough to force security to consistently throw people out of the 'Fetz

The wedge by the tunnel is the worst. Don't get me started.

If students arent showing up when the team is 21-5 and well on their way to the NCAA tournament then a letter written by 05 will do absolutely nothing. Plain and simple SLU students have no pride in their school and dont want to support true student athletes and that is not going to change. Just have to deal with 2 to 3 games a year with a decent amount of students and the rest of the games being empty.

If students arent showing up when the team is 21-5 and well on their way to the NCAA tournament then a letter written by 05 will do absolutely nothing. Plain and simple SLU students have no pride in their school and dont want to support true student athletes and that is not going to change. Just have to deal with 2 to 3 games a year with a decent amount of students and the rest of the games being empty.

It's worth a ###### shot.

There has to be something that can happen to change the culture there, though. If it means someone firebombing ever bulletin board on campus with a letter calling them out for being worthless pieces of ######, then maybe you get people talking about it a little, taking sides.

I'd be interested to hear any ideas at all. SLU student apathy drove me insane while I was there. I think about my floor freshman year, and everyone moved in with their collegiate rooting interests already set, and SLU was secondary. My roommate was an Ohio State fan (he was from Columbus), and down the hall we had Duke (from Bethalto), Michigan (from Clarksville, TN), Wisconsin (from Green Bay), and others, along with kids who didn't care at all (which is fine, not everyone likes sports). And my floor was cooler than most, as they actually came to a fair amount of games.