Richmond Paper

Taj79

From today's Times-Dispatch on the SLU/Richmond game tonight:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/college-sports/2012/feb/15/1/tdsport01-spiders-taking-inside-track-ar-1689569/

Second link is the preview lines:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/2012/feb/15/tdsport02-richmond-saint-louis-preview-capsule-ar-1689468/

I saw this Williams kid goes nuts against Temple. This is a Charles Barkley look-alike clone if I've ever seen one. Plus he has a very nice touch at the line. I also saw him against Umass and Umass' length and athleticism inside neutralized him. He's a banger.

For others, I believe the Temple/Bonaventure game is on CBS College Sports network tonight. Go sh*t-Brown Indians.

From today's Times-Dispatch on the SLU/Richmond game tonight:

http://www2.timesdis...ack-ar-1689569/

Second link is the preview lines:

http://www2.timesdis...ule-ar-1689468/

I saw this Williams kid goes nuts against Temple. This is a Charles Barkley look-alike clone if I've ever seen one. Plus he has a very nice touch at the line. I also saw him against Umass and Umass' length and athleticism inside neutralized him. He's a banger.

For others, I believe the Temple/Bonaventure game is on CBS College Sports network tonight. Go sh*t-Brown Indians.

We might have to bang back with Grandy for a few minutes. :angry:

Hmmmmmm ------ GG. Not too many good reviews there from my sources/travels. He is certainly ":under construction" based on those reviews. Wouldn't hold my breath there for now nor next year.

I really like the looks of GG... plus I want to think he is smart since he is named like the library ( silly but true). What game was it they were showing pregame warmups in the background of an interview and you saw GG dunking in the background... where is that guy?

JJ and 7 and 9 were all mine, projections based on exptrapolations and trends. I do not recall me saying RL/CE would not improve on the interior so a memory refresher might be in order. They both have, but remain works in need of more progress. I have been very hard on CR but did post props in the thread on his recent Philly excursion and have noted that , atheltically, he's is it for us in that category. But RL's interior offensive game is pitiful for a 6'11" kid -- room for more improvement. CE's defensive move is essentially a flop and drop move --- room for improvement. And CR needs to bring the power night after night after skip after night (three out of four ain't bad) -- again, room for improvement. CE delivered 20 on Wednesday, zero on Saturday. Again, more consistency.

The GG comments are not mine; I was surprised by the source. Just saying that maybe things there are a lot further off than we all would hope.

JJ and 7 and 9 were all mine, projections based on exptrapolations and trends. I do not recall me saying RL/CE would not improve on the interior so a memory refresher might be in order. They both have, but remain works in need of more progress. I have been very hard on CR but did post props in the thread on his recent Philly excursion and have noted that , atheltically, he's is it for us in that category. But RL's interior offensive game is pitiful for a 6'11" kid -- room for more improvement. CE's defensive move is essentially a flop and drop move --- room for improvement. And CR needs to bring the power night after night after skip after night (three out of four ain't bad) -- again, room for improvement. CE delivered 20 on Wednesday, zero on Saturday. Again, more consistency.

The GG comments are not mine; I was surprised by the source. Just saying that maybe things there are a lot further off than we all would hope.

See post #48. http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21950&st=40&p=301366&fromsearch=1entry301366

Leave the extrapolations to The Wiz.

Thanks moy. I stand semi-corrected. The statements I made on February 6 and noted above, still sound good to me. I'd say the same thing now --- I don't see either working the low blocks or driving to the hole. They seem limited in low block play and prefer the pick-n-pop game which they are better at albeit inconsistent. CE hits for 20 one night in Philly; none the next. There is nothing in there about CR by the way. RL, I woul dthink, at 6'11" should be able to do better but guys like Aiken an dRoberts make up height disadvantages by imploring athletic skills. In that arena, CR is our best hope for a counter.

Thanks moy. I stand semi-corrected. The statements I made on February 6 and noted above, still sound good to me. I'd say the same thing now --- I don't see either working the low blocks or driving to the hole. They seem limited in low block play and prefer the pick-n-pop game which they are better at albeit inconsistent. CE hits for 20 one night in Philly; none the next. There is nothing in there about CR by the way. RL, I woul dthink, at 6'11" should be able to do better but guys like Aiken an dRoberts make up height disadvantages by imploring athletic skills. In that arena, CR is our best hope for a counter.

The CR comment was derived from your general comments.

I don't disagree with you about what we are seeing today from CE and RL, but I do believe they will improve in the post next year and the year after (for RL).

-hey taj, is BC's outside game 'pitiful'?

-i ask as i think we all forget at times RL was not brought up playing inside, he is doing something foreign to him (playing inside a rectangle lane as opposed to the trapezoid key) in a foreign country, he is an international big

@cowboy ----- pitiful? BC's outside game? Well kshoe might find "pitiful" an apt synonym. The word I would use is "non-existent" in describing BC's outside game. And that's not a bad thing, as in he doesn't need it and on this team others carry that scope. Iunderstand RL's upbringing and am not bashing it per se. I am just saying that for us to expect him to develop one may be far=fetched and not really needed in the long run. But I would still like to have him take advantage of a four or five inch height advantage enough on the inside sometime over this and the next two years. I'd settle for adequate as I know that is not RL's nor CE's game.

I like RLs game. I just think that it is somewhat fruitless to expect much more on the offensive end from either.

@cowboy ----- pitiful? BC's outside game? Well kshoe might find "pitiful" an apt synonym. The word I would use is "non-existent" in describing BC's outside game. And that's not a bad thing, as in he doesn't need it and on this team others carry that scope. Iunderstand RL's upbringing and am not bashing it per se. I am just saying that for us to expect him to develop one may be far=fetched and not really needed in the long run. But I would still like to have him take advantage of a four or five inch height advantage enough on the inside sometime over this and the next two years. I'd settle for adequate as I know that is not RL's nor CE's game.

I like RLs game. I just think that it is somewhat fruitless to expect much more on the offensive end from either.

-i guess i tried to make my point in a poor fashion, you said RL's inside game on offense is pitiful, i tried to make a compariosn that he is not used to playing inside in the American way by using BC's outside game where he is not used to playing

-we'll move on down the road

Let me say that CE's display last night on the interior blocks was a revelation. However, I still think it was more of an aberration than anything else. Then today, he said they worked on that in prep for the game because they knew mismatches would occur in the Richmond match-up zone due to the switching necessary in playing a match-up zone. Now that is a fine example of RM gam eprep and scouting. I would offer that the very same situation applied to the MONSTER game CR threw down as well last night.

While there coulkd be obviuous outbursts like this on occassion from RL and CE, I'd say they'd be the exception rather thna the rule.

Richmond's Aussie, Dunkier, was the same guy, just in a red uni as opposed to a white. I'd like to see both our guys develop to the point where its an option or at least a threat, not necessarily the main staple of their role.

CE has been working on inside moves, but he does take what is given. RM was pointed in is critique of RL not posting up a smaller player when he had the chance. I suspect it will come. I can see CR becoming more of a force inside now that he is having success. Guards are more apt to get him the ball inside, knowing he may well score... CR showed some nice touch around the basket last night, and CE did as well. We will have an inside game next year!