Loyola (IL) perfect in Horizon league

HusakAttack

A perfect 0-13 record in conference brings the Ramblers record to 5-18. Moser seems to have his players responding well as it is clear that our players have quit on Majerus cause none of them like Rick and Porter was the real reason they came to SLU.

A perfect 0-13 record in conference brings the Ramblers record to 5-18. Moser seems to have his players responding well as it is clear that our players have quit on Majerus cause none of them like Rick and Porter was the real reason they came to SLU.

Porter must be a lazy recruiter. How else do you explain 0-13?

Loyola was 16-15 last year under Whitesell and played the Butler team that made the NCAA finals very tough in both games. I'm not sure if they lost a lot of players to graduation, but this is certainly not the start Moser and Loyola could have expected. Porter has the reputation for being a good recruiter, but shaky with x's and o's. Maybe he is living up to that and when he gets his own players in, he can start turning it around.

Loyola was 16-15 last year under Whitesell and played the Butler team that made the NCAA finals very tough in both games. I'm not sure if they lost a lot of players to graduation, but this is certainly not the start Moser and Loyola could have expected. Porter has the reputation for being a good recruiter, but shaky with x's and o's. Maybe he is living up to that and when he gets his own players in, he can start turning it around.

From what I can tell, they lost 3 seniors to graduation. They also lost a returning senior to a pre-season injury and there is another veteran player that got hurt during the season. The senior that got hurt preseason was their starting PG last season. It appears that Porter didn't want to have him come back with a medical redshirt as he had already recruited for 2012-13. Thus, he cut the player in December for undisclosed reasons so he wouldn't have to worry about bringing him back next year. Also, appears that they had a Depaul transfer coming in who was only eligible for one season (2012-13) that Porter was able to convince not to play so that he could try to obtain another recruit.

It looks like Porter is using this season to do a total clean sweep and form the program in his image. From what I've seen on TV of them, he seems to be utilizing a 1-3-1 zone on defense, while trying to install Majerus's motion offense. Obviously, it has been tough going for the players this season. From the Ramblers message board, it appears that feelings are mixed on Porter to say the least. While they knew that this would be a season for rebuilding, learning and readjustment, I don't think they thought they would be this bad this season. Also, I saw many questioning the perceived 'forcing out' of players from the roster (sound familiar?).

Hopefully, for Porter's sake, he can turn it around somewhat quickly. Whatever goodwill he had built up from the fanbase by being the new guy in town is probably used up with this historically bad season (no Horizon team has gone 0-18 in conference play; Cleveland St. did go 0-16 a few years back prior to expansion of conference.) If they suffer a similar season next year, which would be last in the Horizon and single-digit wins, will he even be given time to mold the team how we wants to? Is Loyola willing to be patient if that is the case?

Porter = Brian Gregory? Cripes, you would have thought he'd learned a lot in his 4 years under RM about X's and O's.

I don't see why anyone would hope for anything but the best for Porter. He gave a lot of time and heart to our program.

I have not seen where anyone said they hope for anything (good or bad) for Porter.