Bubble Watch

SShoe

This is a really nice, fair assessment of our conference and all 5 teams on the bubble. This is going to be a wild rest of the conference season. We have 9 games left, 5 at home; my initial prediction was 11-5 in conference and 7-2 looks very reasonable. I'm not sure 23-7 before the A10 Tournament would be enough, though. Could be close.

ESPN's first bubble watch is out. Obviously, we still have work to do. Some good discussion on the various predictors, including KenPom. It's no match for MB's eye-test, but whatever.

http://espn.go.com/m...all/bubblewatch

This is a very good report, ESPN has been doing this for awhile, it is usually reliable and indicative of where most teams stand.

I was not doing an eye-test, I was citing facts, that we had no quality wins, good wins on the road, and a weak SOS, the three keys. Then we beat Xavier, that was good, but we have a long way to go.

A 7-2 finish puts us in the hunt depending upon who we beat and how others do. Then we need a win, maybe two, in the A-10 Tourney.

This will not be easy, some on this board say it is realistic that we will go 9-0. We're 4-3 in A-10 so far. Reality.

If you want to go with The Wiz and KenPom and say we are ranked 13th or 14th, fine, have fun. My Mom has us 4th.

We need to finish strong, play good ball to get in, it is up to the players and RM.

This is a very good report, ESPN has been doing this for awhile, it is usually reliable and indicative of where most teams stand.

I was not doing an eye-test, I was citing facts, that we had no quality wins, good wins on the road, and a weak SOS, the three keys. Then we beat Xavier, that was good, but we have a long way to go.

A 7-2 finish puts us in the hunt depending upon who we beat and how others do. Then we need a win, maybe two, in the A-10 Tourney.

This will not be easy, some on this board say it is realistic that we will go 9-0. We're 4-3 in A-10 so far. Reality.

If you want to go with The Wiz and KenPom and say we are ranked 13th or 14th, fine, have fun. My Mom has us 4th.

We need to finish strong, play good ball to get in, it is up to the players and RM.

-your mom has it about right!!!! :D

The toughest games (@Dayton, Temple, @Xavier, @UMass) are behind SLU. Not that most of these remaining games will be easy by any means, but I still say SLU shoots for 9-0. It can be done.

7-2 to finish 23-7 (22-7 vs. D-1) is just not safe, even if it should be. I don't trust the NCAA when it comes to finding space for pretenders from the Pac-12 and now Notre Dame.

Jon Wilner, Bay Area News Group/San Jose Mercury News college writer today actually described Washington's loss to "St. Louis" as one of its "bad losses," lumping SLU right in with South Dakota State and Colorado. Give me a break, and then give me another break. That shows you with what we are dealing. The Emperor has no clothes. I get so sick and tired of this Pac-12 rubbish. That league is pathetic. Cal and Washington lead. Unlike Wilner, I'm not going to return the diss against UW, but SLU wiped the floor with that UW team. Did that game even count? Cal is playing with a short bench and is very vulnerable outside the California Cuisine it dishes in Berkeley.

"But after a blowout loss at UMass, they still have work to do to solidify a tournament spot."

Apparently a 5 point game with 5 minutes left is a "blowout loss." Good to know, thanks ESPN.

If you look at the halftime score and final score, this isn't entirely inaccurate. To me, it's just one minor sticking point in an otherwise solid A10 write-up.

"But after a blowout loss at UMass, they still have work to do to solidify a tournament spot."

Apparently a 5 point game with 5 minutes left is a "blowout loss." Good to know, thanks ESPN.

Actually, to be more of a stickler, it was still a two possession game with a minute left (65-59). I wouldn't call it a blowout either, but if I am UMass, I definitely like that ESPN labeled it as such.

how old is your mom?

how old is your mom?

Watches every single Cardinals, Blues, Rams, SLU, and unfortunately, MU game that is on tv.

Overly loyal. Each of Rolens injuries, the other team did it to him deliberately.

When I was a kid, she emphasized to me that I should "never trust bankers".

MB, call it right now, do you think the Billikens make it in the Big Dance this year?

MB, call it right now, do you think the Billikens make it in the Big Dance this year?

I want them to.

And then blow out Mizzou in the first round... and Mizzou complains in the post game interview that Conklin is too physical and is a dirty player.

But if you are asking me to handicap it, absolutely one way or the other, based upon performance YTD, 4-3 in the A-10, SOS 110, etc, I would have to reluctantly say no.

I want them to.

And then blow out Mizzou in the first round... and Mizzou complains in the post game interview that Conklin is too physical and is a dirty player.

But if you are asking me to handicap it, absolutely one way or the other, based upon performance YTD, 4-3 in the A-10, SOS 110, etc, I would have to reluctantly say no.

Does MB82 think we'll make the dance? I bet she does.

This is our year. RM will get this team to the Dance one way or another. It's all going to come together at the right time.

Watches every single Cardinals, Blues, Rams, SLU, and unfortunately, MU game that is on tv.

Overly loyal. Each of Rolens injuries, the other team did it to him deliberately.

When I was a kid, she emphasized to me that I should "never trust bankers".

Your mom sounds like she kicks ass. Trust your mom on this one, MB, we're going to the dance!

Your mom sounds like she kicks ass. Trust your mom on this one, MB, we're going to the dance!

Was it 1999? The yr McGwire hit 70?

Sosa and McGwire were neck and neck for a long time, until the very end.

She and dad watched every single Cubs game just to root against Sosa, hope he didn't hit a dinger.

That's loyalty.

I hope we make it, I worry about St. Joe-LaSalle-Duq road games and Dayton and X at home, too. We need 8-1, 7-2 might do it, we would be in the hunt, but not confident that gets us in. If we go 7-2 we have to go to A-10 Tourney Final.

Was it 1999? The yr McGwire hit 70?

Sosa and McGwire were neck and neck for a long time, until the very end.

She and dad watched every single Cubs game just to root against Sosa, hope he didn't hit a dinger.

That's loyalty.

I hope we make it, I worry about St. Joe-LaSalle-Duq road games and Dayton and X at home, too. We need 8-1, 7-2 might do it, we would be in the hunt, but not confident that gets us in. If we go 7-2 we have to go to A-10 Tourney Final.

'98. I remember that year fondly. I was at the game for #62 when my buddy Tim Forneris retrieved the ball.

I tend to agree that 7-2 would make me antsy, although i think we squeak in. You called out the 5 key games. Not as worried about Duq on the road, but the other 4 are key.

7-2, with no bad losses (ie URI, Fordham, Richmond) should be more than enough to get us in, I think. That would give us an RPI in at least the mid-30s (currently 41, per RealtimeRPI.com), most likely another top 50 win, an 11-5 conference record and a record of 23-7 prior to the A-10 tourney. Also, 11-5 might very well win the league this year, and I would be fairly confident that the regular season conference winner of the A-10 will go to the dance.

I still think the Washington and Oklahoma wins will be nice feathers in the cap when it is all said and done. Washington has a very real chance to be the regular season champs in the Pac-12, and Oklahoma just needs do OK in the super tough Big 12 to finish with a nice RPI (an upset of Baylor, Kansas or Mizzou will do wonders for them and us!)

7-2, with no bad losses (ie URI, Fordham, Richmond) should be more than enough to get us in, I think. That would give us an RPI in at least the mid-30s (currently 41, per RealtimeRPI.com), most likely another top 50 win, an 11-5 conference record and a record of 23-7 prior to the A-10 tourney. Also, 11-5 might very well win the league this year, and I would be fairly confident that the regular season conference winner of the A-10 will go to the dance.

I still think the Washington and Oklahoma wins will be nice feathers in the cap when it is all said and done. Washington has a very real chance to be the regular season champs in the Pac-12, and Oklahoma just needs do OK in the super tough Big 12 to finish with a nice RPI (an upset of Baylor, Kansas or Mizzou will do wonders for them and us!)

I believe they upset KState the other night at KState.

7-2 gets us to 22 wins (D-1).

That would really put us on the bubble and we would probably need to then get to the A-10 Tourney Final.

A lot depends, as I have said, upon who we beat and how other teams do, who wins the A-10, 2nd will get in unless there is a tie, then a lot more depends on the A-10 Tourney.

A long way to go, 8-1 would really make me a lot more confident, that would probably ensure we get at least 2nd in the A-10 going into the tourney, even first, depends upon the other teams. 8-1 then a loss in a first round A-10 tourney game would put us in trouble, too.

They gotta win the games, folks.