New Mex by 2 over the Bills

The Wiz

http://www.census.go...nks/rank38.html

http://www.census.go...nks/rank21.html

http://www.census.go...nks/rank22.html

The federal government gives your state the 7th most aid in the country and 16.4 % of your residents still live in trailers. What the f..k are you doing with the money? You're not educating your kids or buying real houses? What's going on over there?

But skip, pjamj (whatever that means) based his posts on facts, not useless conjecture like census data. ;)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Videos PNWlobo, Be afraid of the Mighty Pit, this is one of the best in college basketball. So excited for this game, it's going to be a sold out crowd to welcome back Coach Majerus and the bills. That's what a REAL arena looks like!

you haven't seen the Fetz. Nobody wants to play at the Fetz!!!!

Great Videos PNWlobo, Be afraid of the Mighty Pit, this is one of the best in college basketball. So excited for this game, it's going to be a sold out crowd to welcome back Coach Majerus and the bills. That's what a REAL arena looks like!

You really have a hard on for the pit. Funny it looks more like a classroom building with stadium seating.

I think its funny that you NM guys highlght the venue more than your own team...

yeah you guys may be ranked 23 in the power rankings, but our pit is our strong suit...

Meh! .. Every time I think about it, I'm more confident Bills take this.

As I stated in the opening post, this will be a close game. They have the Pit, we have the better team. Those 2 things pretty much cancel each other out. So it will come down to whichever team or players get hot. As we have had a relatively easy schedule, I don't think the numbers show our true potential...ie when we have played tough teams(Okla, Nova, & Wash) we have blown them out even though the games were showing close in the predictions. Also, I think RM coaching and familarity with the Pit takes away some of the arena's edge. The Pit's advantage is fixed...the Bill's advantage has some upside...that is unless the Pit can shoot 3's or make free throws.

Btw...UNM is similar to Okla in my rankings and we handled them pretty well with a 20 pt win on a neutral court. The same neutral court that UNM lost to below average, D+ rated Santa Clara. And before Lobos fans come on here whining that we are playing them in the Pit....if we play them like we did Okla then take 4 off the 20 we beat Okla by and you have a Bills win by 16.

Based on what I have seen on this thread, I see nothing "enchanting" about UNM fans.

As I stated in the opening post, this will be a close game. They have the Pit, we have the better team. Those 2 things pretty much cancel each other out. So it will come down to whichever team or players get hot. As we have had a relatively easy schedule, I don't think the numbers show our true potential...ie when we have played tough teams(Okla, Nova, & Wash) we have blown them out even though the games were showing close in the predictions. Also, I think RM coaching and familarity with the Pit takes away some of the arena's edge. The Pit's advantage is fixed...the Bill's advantage has some upside...that is unless the Pit can shoot 3's or make free throws.

Btw...UNM is similar to Okla in my rankings and we handled them pretty well with a 20 pt win on a neutral court. The same neutral court that UNM lost to below average, D+ rated Santa Clara. And before Lobos fans come on here whining that we are playing them in the Pit....if we play them like we did Okla then take 4 off the 20 we beat Okla by and you have a Bills win by 16.

Based on what I have seen on this thread, I see nothing "enchanting" about UNM fans.

This is a completely different Lobo team then the one that was in the CA tourney. The two early losses were leveraged by the coaching staff into a very intense learning and maturing experience over the past 4 weeks. The difference should be quite noticeable tomorrow. Both of these teams play aggressive and intense defense as a reflection of their coaches. The Lobos want an increased tempo the Billikins want a much more controlled tempo......we'll see who imposes their will, probably neither for any extended period of time.

Pitboss

PS come visit New Mexico......we even DANCE here, it's legal!!!!

This is a completely different Lobo team then the one that was in the CA tourney. The two early losses were leveraged by the coaching staff into a very intense learning and maturing experience over the past 4 weeks. The difference should be quite noticeable tomorrow. Both of these teams play aggressive and intense defense as a reflection of their coaches. The Lobos want an increased tempo the Billikins want a much more controlled tempo......we'll see who imposes their will, probably neither for any extended period of time.

Pitboss

PS come visit New Mexico......we even DANCE here, it's legal!!!!

I'm willing to grant that the NM team that takes the court tomorrow has matured since the early losses but I think you should go back and look at the tape of the SLU v. Washington game. If your success depends on speeding up the game, then we will win despite the pit. Our guards handle pressure very well. We run a disciplined offense and defend the 3 well. To win, you have to beat us with a half-court offense. Game planning to run on us plays into our strengths.

I'm willing to grant that the NM team that takes the court tomorrow has matured since the early losses but I think you should go back and look at the tape of the SLU v. Washington game. If your success depends on speeding up the game, then we will win despite the pit. Our guards handle pressure very well. We run a disciplined offense and defend the 3 well. To win, you have to beat us with a half-court offense. Game planning to run on us plays into our strengths.

You're right, SLU played very uptempo against UDub. It will be interesting to see what Rick does tomorrow. I really think he's going to want to shorten the game, limit the possessions and quiet the crowd, but only Rick knows for sure. I remember when he played a box and one against a very talented AZ team and just destroyed them in the tourney. I don't think he showed that defense all year until he sprang it on Lute Olsen. On the other hand, Steve Alford's no x's & o's slouch either. One of them will impose their will on the game.

I do know one thing, tomorrow will be a lot of fun!

Pitboss

I have not read the entire thread but I think its worth mentioning that Albuquerque is over 5300 ft above sea level. the bench is going to have to play huge to counter altitude-related fatique that will come into play.

I've been to New Mexico a few times. It's a great place to shoot rockets. Here's a pic from my trip there last month from the range tower we used to observe the gun trucks. You can see the target silhouettes way out there.

Tomorrow the Billikens will be dropping the Bombs. We have this one guy playing forward that will remind you of a former Lobo, Urlacher. He looks a bit wolfish with his unkempt hair and beard but he's all Billiken. Look for him to drop one our two of your guys on a screen.

Posted Image