nicoleauerbach tweet: Saint Louis out of Top 25 coaches poll

Well, the exorcisms took place at SLU. The kid was a boy, not a girl as in the book and movie. The movie came out in the early 70s, so obviously the book came out earlier and the actual events earlier than that. The case originated in Washington DC, then moved to SLU but the boy was from somewhere else. I heard about this in the late ' 60s, pre-movie. I suggest you Google "Exorcist" and "SLU". The P-D articles are fascinating and often when I'm at the corner of Grand and Lindell I shiver a bit ...The boy who was exorcised is still alive, I believe. Am I right, bonwich ?

I'm pretty sure the Verhaegen story was mythology. (I thought I remembered that DeSmet was also an alleged, but not real, site.) Most of the actual exorcism took place at the old Alexian Bros. Hospital (which ain't there no more); this article

http://www.riverfron...ell-of-a-house/

in the RFT seems to back this up, as well as noting that the rest of the rite took place in the old SFX rectory, which is also gone now. And yes, the boy is still alive, or at least was 5 years ago.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the exorcisms took place at SLU. The kid was a boy, not a girl as in the book and movie. The movie came out in the early 70s, so obviously the book came out earlier and the actual events earlier than that. The case originated in Washington DC, then moved to SLU but the boy was from somewhere else. I heard about this in the late ' 60s, pre-movie. I suggest you Google "Exorcist" and "SLU". The P-D articles are fascinating and often when I'm at the corner of Grand and Lindell I shiver a bit ...The boy who was exorcised is still alive, I believe.

Oh, thanks b hayes, you are quicker and more facile on the computer machine than I ! I believe the hospital referred to was the old Alexian Brothers on the south side. Guess all this doesn't have much to do with nicole the "8." :)

Well, in typical Billiken.com fashion we've managed to leap from a thread about Loe and CR and segue into Exorism. Ya gotta love this bar.... uh site. Still, I read the wiki account and can reach only one conclusion. This exorcism took place in 1949. Probably the last year the Bills were really relevant in College hoops. I also think it was the year we did away w/ our FB program. Now it's clear why. Those incompetent Jebbies cast out the evil spirit from Roland Doe/Mannheim Steamroler's body right into WP Gym. When I played intramural over there, I often wondered why some of my best launched jumpers would spin themselves out of the hoop. But since we've moved to the Fetz things have been trending up for our Bllls. But the evil demon still lurks as is evidenced by last season.

Well, in typical Billiken.com fashion we've managed to leap from a thread about Loe and CR and segue into Exorism. Ya gotta love this bar.... uh site. Still, I read the wiki account and can reach only one conclusion. This exorcism took place in 1949. Probably the last year the Bills were really relevant in College hoops. I also think it was the year we did away w/ our FB program. Now it's clear why. Those incompetent Jebbies cast out the evil spirit from Roland Doe/Mannheim Steamroler's body right into WP Gym. When I played intramural over there, I often wondered why some of my best launched jumpers would spin themselves out of the hoop. But since we've moved to the Fetz things have been trending up for our Bllls. But the evil demon still lurks as is evidenced by last season.

Very well- played, slu72. Yeah, those incompetent Jebbies ! I just went to look at a nearby house where, I just learned by following today's links, the "possessed" kid in question once visited his aunt. The current exorcists need to cast their eyes on this Kenny Frease character, to get back to basketball chatter.

Wiz, are you saying here we and Mo St are equal teams or not that far apart?

Yes....The Bills and the Bears are comparable. If they played tonight on a neutral court , it would be the Bills by 1. Even though UNM bombed MSU we can take comfort in the fact that the Bears played a bad game. They shot only 20% from the 3 and under the category of free throws made were out shot 24-3. And no that is not a typo.

One lesson to be learned is that MSU fell behind early and played catch up the whole game....never led once.

If you fall into The Pit it is hard to climb out.

Pomroy has SWMo at 56 and SLU at 26 - that is a big gap.

KenPom and I agree on a lot of games and stats. This is not one of them. There is little or no gap between the Bills and the Bears. One thing that may be happening on KenPom is there could be teams bunched together...ie possibly 30 teams jammed into a spread of 1-2 points and thus looking like a big gap.