Nova/BC Post Game(s)

Taj79

Fine, fine time to be a Bills fan.

Watched them both. Ready, willing and able to take my Jett lumps (more on that later).

For BC, I thought we displayed the intensity of knowing we were the superior team. We kind of got off to a slow start and muddled along poorly. But were still good enough to be up by 4 or whatever at half. Then Conklin took over and led us through the mcuk and mire. We perservered and overcame a nothing opponent in a nothing venu with a nothing crowd at 11 in the morning. Good to great teams do this.

Nova will be down in the Beast this year. Got that from my good friend, a Nova grad and season ticket holder. They have Wayns and a bunch of youth. Yarou is unproven. Today was a great show. Again doing what a good to great team should do, find a way to win. i thought Mitchell was a little too intent on winning the PG matchup and didn't really let the game come to him. Wayns ate him for lunch in the first quarter. The big key was Majerus putting Jett on Wayns and the lack of any dicernable second scoring option manifesting itself for Nova. Bell might be it come February and March but not now. Neither was the Cheeks (?) guy. Yarou is not talented enough right now nor polished enough to be option 2. At best, option 3 or 4 providing a second option appears. Nova is also very young according to the alum. Jett forced better defense on Wayns and Wayns seemed top force a lot.

Meanwhile, Bills found secondary and tertiary options to score. Jett was aces. He found his shot and finally made a monkey of me. Keep it up! The first three was kind of a clock-ending prayer but the other was aces. His steals and overall defense were fantastic. I have never doubted him there. The tip in put-back and rebounds were fantastic. It's still an adventure on the foul line but it was for all the Bills ---- at one point, we had a better % from 3 than we did at the line (I think). Luckily, at the end, Ellis applied the daggers and it was easier than any game (short of Washington) I have ever witnessed.

What I liked best was the variety. It appears we will live and die by the long rang bomb from which we have multiple options. Mitchell. Ellis. Loe. Cassity. McCall. Now throwe in Jett and even Evans. Heaven forbid someone finds the missing Barnett. I think we will see Jake somewhere along this line. With multiple options, finding two a night to hit them seems doable. This then allows Conklin the room he needs to operate. With no help defense, the senior can eat just about anyone up. Frease. Ndiaye. Now Yarou.

What scares me is we have to still shoot better at the line and we have to control the boards on our end. Don't care about offensive boards but we can't allow second shots as easy as we are. But that is truly being picky.

A very thankful weekend for sure. Win one more this weekend and let's see what the polls bring.

Taj Mahal 79, we won. Don't be picky. I don't care what you're Beast friend said, Nova will make the tourney. And we beat them. The committee will look at that and say they need to be there if Nova and UW' are in. Again, what I want to know is I thought they were going to be on ESPN today, which I DVR'd, and come up with the Old Spice Classic? What about Sunday, which ESPN channel?

I wanted to post this somewhere, and since the game thread is so large, I'll just post it here.

For me, beating Villanova today was pretty cool. Obviously the game was exciting, but there was another thing to consider. SLU has always been my favorite team, but I've also kept an interest in several of the traditional Big East Catholic schools over the years. This primarily means Villanova, Georgetown, and St. John's when they were in some of their better years. Until today, we hadn't played either 'Nova or G'town in my lifetime, and we hadn't met with St. John's since the 1989 NIT championship game. For that matter, even though they might not have been as good, we haven't gotten games with Seton Hall or Providence either. Today we finally got the chance to play one of those traditional Big East teams, one of those schools we talk about how cool it would be to be in the same conference with them when the much dreamed about Papal Conference actually becomes a reality, and WE WON!!!

I wanted to post this somewhere, and since the game thread is so large, I'll just post it here.

For me, beating Villanova today was pretty cool. Obviously the game was exciting, but there was another thing to consider. SLU has always been my favorite team, but I've also kept an interest in several of the traditional Big East Catholic schools over the years. This primarily means Villanova, Georgetown, and St. John's when they were in some of their better years. Until today, we hadn't played either 'Nova or G'town in my lifetime, and we hadn't met with St. John's since the 1989 NIT championship game. For that matter, even though they might not have been as good, we haven't gotten games with Seton Hall or Providence either. Today we finally got the chance to play one of those traditional Big East teams, one of those schools we talk about how cool it would be to be in the same conference with them when the much dreamed about Papal Conference actually becomes a reality, and WE WON!!!

Yes sir! Pretty damn cool indeed!

What's really great is we have scalps from the Pac-12, ACC, and Big East with one from the Big 12 coming on Sat. When's the last time we beat three (4) major conference teams in a row and were undefeated? Probably never!

thats what i'm excited about the a-10 is for reals

Taj Mahal 79, we won. Don't be picky. I don't care what you're Beast friend said, Nova will make the tourney. And we beat them. The committee will look at that and say they need to be there if Nova and UW' are in. Again, what I want to know is I thought they were going to be on ESPN today, which I DVR'd, and come up with the Old Spice Classic? What about Sunday, which ESPN channel?

ESPN2 - you do know that there is like 4 ESPN channels

Yes, Cheese, I'm not a cable dummy. Actually since Uverse showed only TBA on both ESPN and ESPN2 I DVR'd them both. Both times came up w/ Old Spice games. Maybe something about being east of the Mississippi, but then Taj Mahal, the consumate inside the Beltway east coaster, got the game. I don't understand it, but do know the championship game's on ESPNHD at 9:00pm tomorrow (Sunday).

Yes, Cheese, I'm not a cable dummy. Actually since Uverse showed only TBA on both ESPN and ESPN2 I DVR'd them both. Both times came up w/ Old Spice games. Maybe something about being east of the Mississippi, but then Taj Mahal, the consumate inside the Beltway east coaster, got the game. I don't understand it, but do know the championship game's on ESPNHD at 9:00pm tomorrow (Sunday).

Actually for us the champ game is on ESPN2 - maybe for Uverse ESPN2 is ESPNHD - who knows. I did not pick up on your problem - what I thought you said was that you taped it on one channel but it was the wrong one. Either way, check the board for the actual channel since where I am in Chicago right now it kept changing.

One thing worth noting is that we beat a good big east team with Mitchell only playing 22 minutes

Yeah I think it was Bilas saying SLU won even with Mitchell, their best player, having an off day.

Thursday's game was ESPNU here. Yesterday it was ESPN2. I am not sure about Sunday here but I knowit tips at 9:00 EST. I'll find it. The great hing about Feast Week is that everything is on. The bad thing is that because you don't know who is winning when and where, you can't really predict who will be on the what channel. Both 76 loser games were on here yesterday too but they bounced over to ESPNU.

Dayton is in the final of the Old Spice classic. Umass crushed Utah yesterday. URI won. La Salle lost wherever there were (they were listed as a hoem team) to Robert Morris. Xavier put away Georgia. I'd say the A10 is off to a very nice start.