Tselentakis denied

He can't make the Canada trip :(

This season is lost, no way we win 15 games now. This never would have happened if Porter was still here.

Man, when I saw this thread I thought he got shot down by some philly at the new ULTRA PUB Cheaters. Whew...

What is an Ultra Pub anyways?

hahahaha, strangely, i had a similiar thought. like ######, ET tried to pull a stamos and take three chicks back to his bed at like 2:00 in the afternoon. NO DICE. only one greek puts it where he wants when he wants and that's stamos. if ET shoots 40%+ from three for his career, he'll share a similar privilege, at least around SLU. ######, if he can shoot 33% and play madman defense, he should be able to at least pull drejaj levels of trim. i'm rooting for him.

He can't make the Canada trip :(

This season is lost, no way we win 15 games now. This never would have happened if Porter was still here.

I sat right behind him this morning at practice and said "where's the Greek?" He turned around and introduced himself and we discussed the situation. He said he was barred from the trip due to his play in the European Championships. He didn't put on a sour face about it. It looked like he was intent on watching practice to see whom he could beat out...

Man, when I saw this thread I thought he got shot down by some philly at the new ULTRA PUB Cheaters. Whew...

What is an Ultra Pub anyways?

Great question Dirty. I saw the outside of cheaters/old lacledes for the first time today and was quite confused with it's description as an "ultra pub."

I also noticed that the old iggy's/pasta house has been under construction and a new name on the building - I believe I saw "diablitos" ? Not 100% sure, But it definitely had a Mexican theme to it.

Great question Dirty. I saw the outside of cheaters/old lacledes for the first time today and was quite confused with it's description as an "ultra pub."

I also noticed that the old iggy's/pasta house has been under construction and a new name on the building - I believe I saw "diablitos" ? Not 100% sure, But it definitely had a Mexican theme to it.

Last I heard Chuy's was moving out of the Coronado and into ex-Iggy's.

Who cares. 05 wad denied on the dance floor at Morgan street Saturday night.

Do you think it had something to do with the fact that he was wearing the KC jersey?

Last I heard Chuy's was moving out of the Coronado and into ex-Iggy's.

As a resident of the Dogtown area, I really hate the fact that Chuy's moved out of our area and tried to go all 'Casa Gallardo' in the SLU area. In Dogtown, that place had real personality and was always a destination when you were thinking what to do for dinner. After moving downtown, that place just became another seconad-rate Mexican restaurant with weaka$$ margaritas and overpriced entrees. F that place! (this from a bitter city dweller!)

As a resident of the Dogtown area, I really hate the fact that Chuy's moved out of our area and tried to go all 'Casa Gallardo' in the SLU area. In Dogtown, that place had real personality and was always a destination when you were thinking what to do for dinner. After moving downtown, that place just became another seconad-rate Mexican restaurant with weaka$$ margaritas and overpriced entrees. F that place! (this from a bitter city dweller!)

FYI - Chuy's got pushed out of their location in dogtown.

Except, Chuy's didn't exactly "move" out of Dogtown.

What was the issue? Surely they could have purchased the real estate with the volume they did. I heard Almond's bought the place. I've only been there once; the food was OK, but the corkage was too high for that price level.

What was the issue? Surely they could have purchased the real estate with the volume they did. I heard Almond's bought the place. I've only been there once; the food was OK, but the corkage was too high for that price level.

I believe they did own the property. Almond's bought it out of foreclosure and opened another Tex-Mex place called Latitudes. From what I heard back then, the Arzolas weren't too keen about paying the property taxes and got behind. They also let the laundromat portion of the building go vacant as they didn't renew the lease of the tenant. Thus, less revenue was coming in. During that time period, the son had also just opened Agave in The Grove, so I believe that the family was stretched thin when the creditors and taxman came calling and they decided to just close up shop for the time being.

When they took over the spot from Joe Boccardi in the Coronado, they mentioned publicly that the reason they weren't going back to Dogtown was they were concerned about low traffic due to the Highway 40 closure at the time. However, the real reason was probably because they would have had to payoff the liens attached to the building. Instead, best to lease space and let someone else purchase and develop the building.

Admittedly, I don't have all the facts on this and I might be way off on some of these things. That is just how it was told to me. Basically, my understanding is that Chuy's would still be in Dogtown if they would have just paid their taxes.

Admittedly, I don't have all the facts on this and I might be way off on some of these things. That is just how it was told to me. Basically, my understanding is that Chuy's would still be in Dogtown if they would have just paid their taxes.

-i have no idea about their moving and whatnot, but last time i was there the food was below avg and i used to love the place

-i have no idea about their moving and whatnot, but last time i was there the food was below avg and i used to love the place

I agree...it is now subpar and not worth going to. Might as well go to Taco Bell and take along a fifth of Jose Cuervo and sweet and sour mix. About the same experience.