Pat Ingram: "SLU in my Top 4"

That's a pretty sick photo.

Except that it looks like he's not even going to get high enough to sprite himself and probably left some teeth in the floor. Hopefully, as according to Tyrone the getaway driver, "it was a funny angle."

Sounds like a gamer, though.

We've been on this kid for well over a year. Seems like a more athletic Femi John. Too short for the 3, not enough ball skills to play as a guard really. Is part of a really good HS team in Indy, has played with multiple high level players.

Just attributing the photo to its' appropriate source.

Actually, the source would be that person's or group page. Just saying "Courtesy of Facebook" is too broad of a generalization. Mark Zuckerberg himself didn't actually give you permission to use that photo, I'm sure. You'd probably need Ingram's permission to use his likeness if in fact that photo was from his personal page. Just making sure that the next call you guys get isn't from his attorney. Carry on.

Actually, the source would be that person's or group page. Just saying "Courtesy of Facebook" is too broad of a generalization. Mark Zuckerberg himself didn't actually give you permission to use that photo, I'm sure. You'd probably need Ingram's permission to use his likeness if in fact that photo was from his personal page. Just making sure that the next call you guys get isn't from his attorney. Carry on.

Settle down. I think you are taking copy rights enfringment to the extreme in this scenario. What you are saying isn't incorrect but the high school basketball player may actually have more to gain by the use of his photo than the prep website. In fact, I would imagine the kid likes the spotlight. If not, The most damaging action would be having to remove the photo. I think whomever owns the site can rest easy. False alarm.

"Information is not knowledge" - Albert Einsten

Patrick

Settle down. I think you are taking copy rights enfringment to the extreme in this scenario. What you are saying isn't incorrect but the high school basketball player may actually have more to gain by the use of his photo than the prep website. In fact, I would imagine the kid likes the spotlight. If not, The most damaging action would be having to remove the photo. I think whomever owns the site can rest easy. False alarm.

"Information is not knowledge" - Albert Einsten

Patrick

Just looking out for the guys over there on the blog, that's all. I was actually quite impressed they got Facebook's permission to post a photo. That's balls.

Just looking out for the guys over there on the blog, that's all. I was actually quite impressed they got Facebook's permission to post a photo. That's balls.

Thanks for looking out. Pat did give me permission. However, if you read Facebook's policies and terms of agreement, they own all of the photos once you place them on your page. Thus, I gave credit to Facebook. Hope you enjoy the blog.

Thanks for looking out. Pat did give me permission. However, if you read Facebook's policies and terms of agreement, they own all of the photos once you place them on your page. Thus, I gave credit to Facebook. Hope you enjoy the blog.

So do you still have to get the account holder's permission or is it carte blanche for folks to use photos once they've been posted? That's a lot of grey area if you ask me!

This should be an auto-response everytime HeardThisBlog posts about a new recruit.

I call bs!! Something is definitely wrong. Recruits interested in SLU and RM - w/o mention of Porter Moser and despite the loss of PM!! Just figured that RM is sitting around doing very little - lazy. Chris Hariman contacting them, and dare I say, doing some "heavy lifting". I thought we were doomed with respect to the 2012 recruiting class? :lol:

I call bs!! Something is definitely wrong. Recruits interested in SLU and RM - w/o mention of Porter Moser and despite the loss of PM!! Just figured that RM is sitting around doing very little - lazy. Chris Hariman contacting them, and dare I say, doing some "heavy lifting". I thought we were doomed with respect to the 2012 recruiting class? :lol:

-not saying we are doomed but imo w a y too early to celebrate

-i hope we land every great player we pursue, but let's get 'em

Oh man, we're in a kid's top 4. I take back everything I said. This is shaping up to be an amazing class.

Oh man, we're in a kid's top 4. I take back everything I said. This is shaping up to be an amazing class.

You're completely missing my point. No idea if these latest 2 kids from the 2012 are worth a scholarship much less will come to SLU. Instead, I pointed out the comments to show that both said positive things about both RM and Hariman. Guess he is doing more than recruiting Austrailia and New Zealand. Relationships are already established and now our coaches will have to keep kissing asses for 5 more months!! Life and recruiting go on w/o Porter Moser.

Again, recruiting for 2012 will be much easier in that we will have 2 to 4 scholarships to give and guards will not shy away from us knowing that KC will be gone, KM will have only 1 year left and both MM and JJ will have only 2 years left when they arrive at school. Similarly, bigs will see that BC is gone, CE and CR have 1 year left and RL only 2 years left. Playing time will be available again.

You're completely missing my point. No idea if these latest 2 kids from the 2012 are worth a scholarship much less will come to SLU. Instead, I pointed out the comments to show that both said positive things about both RM and Hariman. Guess he is doing more than recruiting Austrailia and New Zealand. Relationships are already established and now our coaches will have to keep kissing asses for 5 more months!! Life and recruiting go on w/o Porter Moser.

Again, recruiting for 2012 will be much easier in that we will have 2 to 4 scholarships to give and guards will not shy away from us knowing that KC will be gone, KM will have only 1 year left and both MM and JJ will have only 2 years left when they arrive at school. Similarly, bigs will see that BC is gone, CE and CR have 1 year left and RL only 2 years left. Playing time will be available again.

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. RM is a lazy SOB and has no idea about recruiting. Why don't you get it already?

• 3 months later...

HawkeyeReport.com is reporting today: Yesterday Ingram left Iowa City with good feelings, he did not make a verbal commitment. He says his final three schools: Iowa, St. Louis, and Loyola are all equal and that he still plans to make a decision later this week.

"I have all of the information that I need now about all the schools. I want to get back home and sit down with my family and talk about it more. I still plan on making my decision later this week."