Marquette in the same place we were?

bk18

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/119093059.html

A prosecutor said Friday she has reviewed the case of an alleged sexual assault by student athletes at Marquette University and returned it to Milwaukee police for further investigation....

From an inside source:

Basketball players ran a train on someone at Humphrey Hall on Halloween weekend and there were major efforts to cover it up. Not only are players in huge trouble but the school could be in HUGE trouble depending on who the cover up efforts came from - ex RA, administration, DPS, etc.

This could be huge news.

http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=16677

http://www.wisn.com/news/27345574/detail.html

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/118783409.html

I wish nothing but ill on Marquette. I hope the NCAA throws the book at them. Your AL can't save you now.

A lot of intrigue in this story. Supposedly the police investigate but it's never made known to the MU community or the public for 5 months? Of course it happened about a week before their first game. Mmmmm? Interesting to see how this plays out. And a similar situation happened at Mich St last fall. That was swept under the rug then sucked up by a vacumn cleaner. In that case the girl said it was rape. We may not have liked the way our incident was handled, but at least we confronted it openly if not fairly. In the moral compass game, SLU 1 MU 0.

What I'm hearing....

All four are basketball players...three are high profile.

Jerry Boyle (Jeffrey Dahmer and Mark Chumura's attorney) is representing them in front of the student conduct board

http://query.municourt.milwaukee.gov/AllDetails.asp?CNumber=10129943

case number: 10129943

citation number: 61079292

Defendant Information Name: VANDER LEE BLUE

Month of Birth: 07/1992 Sex: Male Race: Black

Last Known Address: 1716 W WISCONSIN AV, Apt 561, MILWAUKEE, WI 53233

Case Summary Case Number: 10129943 Status: Active

Type of Case: Municipal citation

Citation Number: 61079292 Deposit Amount: $366.00

Violation: Ordinance 105-2, Assault and Battery

Violation Date and Time: 10/24/2010 1:30 AM

Violation Location: 1610 W WELLS ST

Plea: Not Guilty Plea was entered by: Defense Attorney

Collection? No Installment Plan? No

His court appearance is April 19.

I wish nothing but ill on Marquette. I hope the NCAA throws the book at them. Your AL can't save you now.

I'm no Marquette lover, far from it, but I don't want any school to have to go through what we went through this past year.

What I'm hearing....

All four are basketball players...three are high profile.

Jerry Boyle (Jeffrey Dahmer and Mark Chumura's attorney) is representing them in front of the student conduct board

http://query.municourt.milwaukee.gov/AllDetails.asp?CNumber=10129943

case number: 10129943

citation number: 61079292

Defendant Information Name: VANDER LEE BLUE

Month of Birth: 07/1992 Sex: Male Race: Black

Last Known Address: 1716 W WISCONSIN AV, Apt 561, MILWAUKEE, WI 53233

Case Summary Case Number: 10129943 Status: Active

Type of Case: Municipal citation

Citation Number: 61079292 Deposit Amount: $366.00

Violation: Ordinance 105-2, Assault and Battery

Violation Date and Time: 10/24/2010 1:30 AM

Violation Location: 1610 W WELLS ST

Plea: Not Guilty Plea was entered by: Defense Attorney

Collection? No Installment Plan? No

His court appearance is April 19.

How's that "source" of yours? ...You do realize what you just posted here is an entirely separate thing from an entirely separate day?...nothing to do with your first post. It's a plead not guilty situation, hope to avoid a few hundred dollar fine...entirely separate thing. You didn't exactly distinguish that in your post.

Everything you just posted can be found on Marquette's secondary message board(MUScoop). You must not have found anything at their primary Scout board.

I'm all for justice and fairness, but you don't seem to have any idea what you are talking about on this topic.

I'd be very careful before trying to damage someone's reputation, be it female, male, etc...if your inside source isn't really an inside source.

Everything you just posted can be found on Marquette's secondary message board(MUScoop). You must not have found anything at their primary Scout board.

Lets just say Marquette's scout board has a reputation of deleting anything that may suggest their players are guilty of anything. Several event that have occurred are never brought up on that board.

Lets just say Marquette's scout board has a reputation of deleting anything that may suggest their players are guilty of anything. Several event that have occurred are never brought up on that board.

Is that why their free Scout board has a 67 post thread about the subject?

The poster here, posted rumor as fact here and literally cut and pasted posts from an internet message board as info.

What the poster here didn't take time to realize is that the specific person mentioned here...was from another separate incident from an entirely different separate day and time, and linked the two together as if they were one in the same. That to me is very reckless. I'm actually surprised the post and or thread has not been deleted here.

I'm all for justice and fairness, but if you have no idea what you are talking about, a topic such as this might be one to avoid. Lots of serious allegations were made by bk18 in this thread, not to mention incorrect factual information provided.

Is that why their free Scout board has a 67 post thread about the subject?

The poster here, posted rumor as fact here and literally cut and pasted posts from an internet message board as info.

What the poster here didn't take time to realize is that the specific person mentioned here...was from another separate incident from an entirely different separate day and time, and linked the two together as if they were one in the same. That to me is very reckless. I'm actually surprised the post and or thread has not been deleted here.

I'm all for justice and fairness, but if you have no idea what you are talking about, a topic such as this might be one to avoid. Lots of serious allegations were made by bk18 in this thread, not to mention incorrect factual information provided.

Ok, so the incident on the court website may be separate. It still isn't good news for Marquette.

Not to mention I said some information was merely rumors, but posting articles isn't slander.

Ok, so the incident on the court website may be separate. It still isn't good news for Marquette.

Not to mention I said some information was merely rumors, but posting articles isn't slander.

Actually no...you posted information as fact from an "inside source." Now you are saying you don't have an inside source and you instead have rumors.

And, it's interesting how cavalier you can be with someone else's reputation by incorrectly linking them to something else...and which you also know nothing about.

Again, if you have no idea what you are talking about, this type of topic might be one to take a pass.

Not that it matters but my info is very different from yours.

Considering SLU's recent situation, one would think you'd be a little bit more careful with the information.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/119762284.html

Small Update. I still wish I had a better understanding of this situation.

Looks like sexual assault allegations against a student athlete(s) occurred twice.

In the most recent incident, the Milwaukee County district attorney's office is reviewing an incident involving a Marquette University student athlete who allegedly sexually assaulted a woman on Feb. 27.

In an unrelated case last October, a prosecutor is reviewing an alleged sexual assault by four student athletes at a party on campus, but returned it to Milwaukee police for further investigation. A decision in that case is also expected in mid-May.

With regards to the October incident:

"A full investigation was conducted by the university based on the initial allegation and, ultimately, based on all of the information available, there was a finding of no responsibility for sexual assault on the part of the students involved under the student conduct code," Pfeil said.

I don't know what happened but it seems like Marquette may be responding to the situations differently and that the strong Marquette basketball culture may have biased the student conduct court and administration in ways that did not happen at SLU. But I don't know what happened so its hard to tell, but I can say that Marquette's basketball culture is much wider than it is at SLU.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/119762284.html

Small Update. I still wish I had a better understanding of this situation.

Looks like sexual assault allegations against a student athlete(s) occurred twice.

In the most recent incident, the Milwaukee County district attorney's office is reviewing an incident involving a Marquette University student athlete who allegedly sexually assaulted a woman on Feb. 27.

In an unrelated case last October, a prosecutor is reviewing an alleged sexual assault by four student athletes at a party on campus, but returned it to Milwaukee police for further investigation. A decision in that case is also expected in mid-May.

With regards to the October incident:

"A full investigation was conducted by the university based on the initial allegation and, ultimately, based on all of the information available, there was a finding of no responsibility for sexual assault on the part of the students involved under the student conduct code," Pfeil said.

I don't know what happened but it seems like Marquette may be responding to the situations differently and that the strong Marquette basketball culture may have biased the student conduct court and administration in ways that did not happen at SLU. But I don't know what happened so its hard to tell, but I can say that Marquette's basketball culture is much wider than it is at SLU.

"I don't know what happened but.." But that isn't going to stop you from repeating the same mistakes multiple times in the same thread.

What do you mean you don't know what happened? You told us about your inside source.

Not that it matters and not that I care...but because you seem to be having some trouble, I'll try and help you out a little.

First incident, accuser reports to Public Safety and is offered police assistance at any time, declined it for 5 months. During that time an investigation was conducted and concluded. In the 2nd situation, the accuser went to Public Safety, same as the first one, and this person chose to go to police sooner than the 5 months.

Why not let facts be facts, good, bad, indifferent? You already falsely accused a specific person of being arrested for Sexual Assault. I can't wait to see what your inside source has for us next.

"I don't know what happened but.." But that isn't going to stop you from repeating the same mistakes multiple times in the same thread.

What do you mean you don't know what happened? You told us about your inside source.

Not that it matters and not that I care...but because you seem to be having some trouble, I'll try and help you out a little.

First incident, accuser reports to Public Safety and is offered police assistance at any time, declined it for 5 months. During that time an investigation was conducted and concluded. In the 2nd situation, the accuser went to Public Safety, same as the first one, and this person chose to go to police sooner than the 5 months.

Why not let facts be facts, good, bad, indifferent? You already falsely accused a specific person of being arrested for Sexual Assault. I can't wait to see what your inside source has for us next.

There are probably a hundred differences at Marquette v. SLU from who reported what to when was it reported and who could corroborate what. With that said, hindsight indicates that the biggest factor working against our boys at SLU was who the alleged SLU victim was and who her family was connected with -- big donor John Cooke. Most likely a different result if no John Cooke involvement.

I simply mentioned that my source said they were basketball players. The court report was to show an incident involving a basketball player. It clearly mentioned the charge and I wasn't trying to put it all together. It was just an allusion to an incident of something that could lead to disciplinary action for a basketball player.

If you seem to know so much on this incident yourself why don't you share?

I simply mentioned that my source said they were basketball players. The court report was to show an incident involving a basketball player. It clearly mentioned the charge and I wasn't trying to put it all together. It was just a separate allusion to a "rap sheet".

No. Your original post made several specific allegations. Your court report was not posted to show a separate situation. It was intentionally falsely linked to something else. I think you'd feel a bit foolish if you were aware of the facts of the court report.

If you seem to know so much on this incident yourself why don't you share?

Somehow you still seem to be missing the point entirely. I'm also not going to be commenting on what I know regarding the Florida Gator incident recently. Or...insert many other weekly things that come to my attention.

You make wild accusations and wild conclusions when you have zero idea what you are talking about. Why not stick to first-hand things you know as fact?

Because he obviously doesn't care.

I don't care about the specific situation any more or less than I do of the many other situations similar that come to my attention weekly. However, I do care when someone makes things up as fact and repeats false rumor. ...in situations like this. There's a difference. ...Now, back to your trolling.

It appears courtside is on his period. Time for some cranberry juice my good man.

#coolyourjets

Yes, I take subjects such as sexual assualt allegations seriously for all involved. I understand that you are not capable of doing so. It is not a new concept to mock what one does not understand.