Shimmy to resign and Matheny to be hired as New WBB Coach

volfan

Unless Shimmy already has another gig lined up, why would she walk away from the final year of her contract?

Right. And if the decision isn't coming from her, does SLU really have that much to gain by eating the last year of her contract?

Could be, I was basing my thought on the assumption she had a year left. Anyone know for sure?

I'm pretty sure it is this year.

I think hiring Matheny or the Incarnate coach could be a good move. The program needs to be built from the bottom up. Utilizing their connections in St. Louis and the AAU circuit might help jump start local recruiting. St. Louis recruits would at least bring family and friends to the game. Shimmy is a terrific ambassador for the program, but the team's trends are all down since Teresa left.

The current group of young women deserve better. The team does not have a thing that they are good at. There has not been any progress, and as much as I don't like saying it, a change, almost for certain, must occur.

SGM has one more year on her contract. SLU can't afford to fire her. She will be here unless she resigns.

If she has a year left on her contract, doubtful SLU will fire her. SLU won't want to have to hire two coaches for women's sports at the same time unless forced to by resignations, and they still haven't filled the vacancy for the women's volleyball coach since Anne Kordes left to go to Louisville in January.

Incarnate Word's coach would be a much better choice. He does more with less than any coach in the area. Backhand, there are a few people who care.

LOL...You have got to be kidding. Tell that to all the other high schools in the area. Incarnate and St. Joseph's are loaded with talent every year. Not saying he isn't an excellent coach, but frankly anyone on this board could coach that team to 20 wins every year.

Well at least if we would be hiring a high school girls coach, gewtting icw, st joes or edwardsville coach would mean getting a coach with proven recruiting skills

WHO CARES

Agree, we should not have girls threads.

Also, those TV strips with scores... at the bottom of the picture... on ESPN, and underneath NCAA games, should be color coded.

Girls games should be in pink; I look up sometimes and see, for example, that Kansas just lost, WOW, then read the fine writing and it turns out it is just a girls game.

I have a friend that lives about a block or so from IWA. He was telling last week that IWA

had won another state title. He was laughing and said where do they gets these girls.

I told him they must have an awesome recruiting coordinator. LOL!

sidenote for history: IWA is across the street from the oldest golf course west of the

Mississippi River.