six gaurds returning

I'd count KC, KM, MM, JB as starters and JJ a sometimes starter and CS as good enough to start on Soderberg's teams

Guard-couldn't fix typo in title

This is the very same math I do and come to the sum that someone (or two) won't be back next year.

Other than one or both of the Aussies returning home or Cory, I don't see a likely transfer. Granted, there'll be a full complement of 13 scholarship players, which means 3 or 4 will ride the pine, but there's enough separation in the classes, that playing time will be available for those patient enough to wait for it. Plus, you never know when injuries, academics, or off court issues might come up which frees up playing time.

JJ, RL, and MM say thank you.

Other than one or both of the Aussies returning home or Cory, I don't see a likely transfer. Granted, there'll be a full complement of 13 scholarship players, which means 3 or 4 will ride the pine, but there's enough separation in the classes, that playing time will be available for those patient enough to wait for it. Plus, you never know when injuries, academics, or off court issues might come up which frees up playing time.

JJ, RL, and MM say thank you.

I hope JJ takes a little better control of himself. Those knee bandages remind me too much of Femi. We can't afford to lose any of the six. If we lose someone

next year from an injury standpoint my guesses based on "hurt" history would be Conklin's ankles-mild sprain, against Duquesne? or was it Dayton-that is

a blur since he seemingly walked it off yet had hardly any jumps or points when he had been finishing nearly 60%. Or Remeuken-knees, again.

I hope if we have any turnover RM finds us a 5 who can play right away so Manning can redshirt. Loe looks like the real deal considering he has only had this

year to crank it up from Australian under 19 to NCAA div 1. But Loe is not a 5.

I hope JJ takes a little better control of himself. Those knee bandages remind me too much of Femi. We can't afford to lose any of the six. If we lose someone

next year from an injury standpoint my guesses based on "hurt" history would be Conklin's ankles-mild sprain, against Duquesne? or was it Dayton-that is

a blur since he seemingly walked it off yet had hardly any jumps or points when he had been finishing nearly 60%. Or Remeuken-knees, again.

I hope if we have any turnover RM finds us a 5 who can play right away so Manning can redshirt. Loe looks like the real deal considering he has only had this

year to crank it up from Australian under 19 to NCAA div 1. But Loe is not a 5.

Why are we guessing which guys might get hurt???

And I would argue that Evans is the favorite to be the starting 3 unless we are going against a small team, so he needs to be in the mix if you are considering where those guys will play.

If Barnett is truly the next Kevin L built like Luke, I can see SLU moving Evans to the PF position against a lot of smaller teams. But Conk has played well, so we will still see a lot of him at the PF position also. I think you are going to see SLU start really apply pressure on the PG bringing the ball up the floor. Majerus mentioned that when they signed Jordon and now that the have both KM and MM , I think you will see more of that, especially when they are out there together.

First of all, I know nothing and I have demonstarted that on multiple occassions, but ..... anyone on this roster, save Mitchell, Conklin and Cassity, are candidates for transfer. I don't have the exact stats but it seems more common for sophomores and freshment to transfer. Some juniors and seniors have (Pedersen, Johnson, Ford, Kowal, Paullis, McCaffrey, etc.) have done so but I think almost everyone would agree with me in saying it is more common in the first two classes rather than the last two.

Looking at our roster, that means Jett, McCall, Evans, Loe, Ellis, Salescich, and Remekun are all candidates. Did anyone see Jordan and Smith leaving last year? If so, when? After the season finished? After the semester ended? After the situation evolved?

I would like to see everyone back including and especially a motivated Willie Reed and Kwamain Mitchell. A frontline line of Reed, Manning, Remekun, Evans and Conklin would be a nice foundation along the baseline. Loe and Ellis are large, shgooting options at the four. The guards and three spot are Evans and all the rest. One could afford a redshirt in that roster. You need small, you have Mitchell, McCall and Jett. Defenders exist in Cassity and Salescich. Cassity and Salescich could also hit the trey at times. Who also loves CS' recent rise in production? Barnett too. All positives in my book. With that depth -- my god, a full-court pressure defense you don't say???

Problem is playing time. And the impatience of youth. If you're Cory Remekun, why redshit now? If you're Jett, as a point, you are now behind Mitchell and Cassity, not to mention the possibility of McCall. Do you stay? Two weeks ago, I'd have asked why fly halfway around the world to be the sixth guard. Right now, he's really come on and in a good way. And injuries, another situation or grades could be lurking (the BYU kid got canned for premarital sex --- its official now).

The future is bright but fleeting right now. But boy am I excited. An dif we survive wihtpout a transfer, without a casualty and WITH a readmitted Willie Reed ---- hoo boy!

JJ and especially Jon Smith, were clearly going to be role players at SLU for their entire careers. Mike McCall and Dwayne Evans are arguably the two best players on this team as we speak and Loe and Jett have each been starters for a number of games. I think the situations are vastly different.

Looking at our roster, that means Jett, McCall, Evans, Loe, Ellis, Salescich, and Remekun are all candidates. Did anyone see Jordan and Smith leaving last year? If so, when? After the season finished? After the semester ended? After the situation evolved?

I honestly don't see any of those guys being unhappy with their situation. There's been plenty of playing time to go around and though we all know that that's going to be reduced next year when the HOSSES get theirs back, these guys are all cocky, confident athletes and I doubt they believe their minutes are going anywhere. Hell. They might not go anywhere. Those dudes might leapfrog some upperclassmen (KC and BC) and we'll all share minutes again like kindergarten. I dunno, I think unless someone's forced out, which I actually don't see happening given the chemistry these guys are starting to show, they're all going to be foaming at the mouth...

GOTDAMN KNOWING THAT WE'RE GOING TO THE TOURNAMENT NEXT YEAR.

Using the logic being proposed that 2 guards have to leave since we will have 4 starting caliber guards returning then no team would ever have a full compliment of 13 players unless you recruited 5 starting players and 8 role players. This is the way it is suppose to be - players competing for playing time and maybe only getting 20 minutes a game rather than 35 when you are under staffed. KC will probably loose time - sorry for this to happen to a senior but what are you going to do? - not play the best. CS will not loose minutes because he does not have that much as it is now. If WR does not return and we recruit a power forward then Cody gets pushed big time once the freshman PF learns the drill. I like this set up - the best will play and the team should excel.

If you're Cory Remekun, why redshit now?

Because you are a still a year younger physically than you should be at this point in your career. Because you parents and high school coaches are telling you you need to. Because IF WR is readmitted to the team you will likely end up playing less than 15 min per game the rest of your college career.

Using the logic being proposed that 2 guards have to leave ,,,,,,

Hard for me to imagine 2. 1 I can see happening.

Because you are a still a year younger physically than you should be at this point in your career. Because you parents and high school coaches are telling you you need to. Because IF WR is readmitted to the team you will likely end up playing less than 15 min per game the rest of your college career.

Hard for me to imagine 2. 1 I can see happening.

These kids couldn't pried apart with a stick-they have just been through the hell of being an 8-17 and now are getting some respect...They all will stay if they make grades; its up to the staff to know if someone is in danger

and we have to recruit to protect ouselves

Why are we guessing which guys might get hurt???

It's a Billiken tradition to expect the worst. I don't know why we're constantly predicting transfers out this year. The Aussies headed home? Why? They want to give up after 2 years of college? They don't have the mettle to compete for playing time? If so, do we really need them? I think CE and CS deserve more credit than that.

JJ and especially Jon Smith, were clearly going to be role players at SLU for their entire careers. Mike McCall and Dwayne Evans are arguably the two best players on this team as we speak and Loe and Jett have each been starters for a number of games. I think the situations are vastly different.

I also think JJ had academic issues. Smif could see the handwriting on the wall w/ the recruitment of Evans, Loe, and CE finally showing up. Understandable why both left. Hard to imagine RM running anyone off at this point unless they have a stone cold lock spring recruit we don't know about. I sure wish we'd put the transfer talk on the back burner until it becomes a cold hard fact. And why would MM and DE want out? They both have a shot at making the A-10 all rook team. I guess some are speculating they're willing to sacrifice a year away from games to head for the bright lights of a BCS'er where they could get recruited over in the blink of an eye? They'll both get serious minutes at SLU next year so I don't see it. As for JJ, yes, his minutes might dip, but he's a prep school guy. Will he be willing to sacrifice another year away from D1 ball? Our biggest concern should be their academics. Hopefully all is in order there. And we haven't heard a wit about anyone being in trouble. I certainly hope that's the case, because keeping this FR class around bodes well for the program's future. Two more years of KM, and maybe WR sticks around if the lure of the NBA chills a little. Although, that lure probably why WR chose to come back to SLU. He wasn't going to prove anything by playing a half a season someplace else.

I also think JJ had academic issues. Smif could see the handwriting on the wall w/ the recruitment of Evans, Loe, and CE finally showing up. Understandable why both left. Hard to imagine RM running anyone off at this point unless they have a stone cold lock spring recruit we don't know about. I sure wish we'd put the transfer talk on the back burner until it becomes a cold hard fact. And why would MM and DE want out? They both have a shot at making the A-10 all rook team. I guess some are speculating they're willing to sacrifice a year away from games to head for the bright lights of a BCS'er where they could get recruited over in the blink of an eye? They'll both get serious minutes at SLU next year so I don't see it. As for JJ, yes, his minutes might dip, but he's a prep school guy. Will he be willing to sacrifice another year away from D1 ball? Our biggest concern should be their academics. Hopefully all is in order there. And we haven't heard a wit about anyone being in trouble. I certainly hope that's the case, because keeping this FR class around bodes well for the program's future. Two more years of KM, and maybe WR sticks around if the lure of the NBA chills a little. Although, that lure probably why WR chose to come back to SLU. He wasn't going to prove anything by playing a half a season someplace else.