Transfer Talk

slu72

Right on BustedDreams49. Scholarships are renewable every year. Recruiting mistakes - student/athlete mistakes, whatever, so what. There used too be a concern about the ability of colleges coaches "running off" players. The point is too get the best student/athletes intoo a university and ontoo the court, excelling in both endeavors.

so it goes.

Which means slu had over twice the transfers of the average per team

On the other hand, if Majerus keeps all his current players after this year, he will tie the all time NCAA record for least amount of transfers!

Broy, I think you are a banker, expert with numbers, it's embarrassing when you throw around irrelevant stats like this just to take shots at Majerus. The other day, you compared the average pts per game for Majerus teams vs Sodie, c'mon, you have to move on.

I don't know what the consternation about transfers is. If you recruit better players, the weaker players can't stay. At some point, SLU needs to get better players. If that means a few of the lesser players decide to go elsewhere, it happens.

I agree and if you do not recruit over your current roster, then you never get any better than your current roster. Talk to Greg Paulus at Duke. Can hardly get on the floor his senior year.

. If anyone transfers, it will probably be CS, only because he looks to be riding the pine the next two seasons. But, he is also an honor roll student who may decide it is best to get his degree from SLU, despite his limited playing options.

Totally agree , and i dont think he will be travelling alone he may also have his MATE with him.

One of many random examples I can list here:

Question: What happened to Villanova recently after they had 5 transfers out in two years?

Answer: They won 30 games and went to the Final Four.

This is the same Villanova that lost another transfer this past year to substance abuse and another prior to that sought more PT. The same Nova that has gone through "Baby Mama Gate,", off court brawls, steroids rumors in its athletics programs, and more. And they didn't even have a coaching change during any of that.

One of many random examples I can list here:

Question: What happened to Villanova recently after they had 5 transfers out in two years?

Answer: They won 30 games and went to the Final Four.

This is the same Villanova that lost another transfer this past year to substance abuse and another prior to that sought more PT. The same Nova that has gone through "Baby Mama Gate,", off court brawls, steroids rumors in its athletics programs, and more. And they didn't even have a coaching change during any of that.

Yeah! So we can expect a Final Four here if we have a few more scandals?

Mb73 please show me where I compared ppg of rickma and soderberg? I think all I listed was rickma years.

I concur, Roy. You only showed since 2008. I think your major point in that thread was to show that there wasn't any major change in scoring over the past 4 seasons, even this year. Same with the defense.

Courtside, if we go to the final four this year you have a great point.

Transfers happen...everywhere...with great frequency...the previous SLU coach had them too.

4 of 9 incoming Frosh have transferred out at Marquette under Buzz Williams. This doesn't include de-commits and transfers when he was taking over as a new coach. A couple of them had an overbearing parent that thought their kid should be the star as a Frosh. One had a physical health problem. One wasn't going to play Etc...wide variety of reasons.

We should really stop giving credit to people who want to use a sample as small as 20-30 students and generalize from that.

Even a fifth grader would trash that as faulty math.

Counting Reid with a concussion as one of the turnovers is even more ridiculous.

Next you'll be saying because RM got hurt he is going to die.

We should really stop giving credit to people who want to use a sample as small as 20-30 students and generalize from that.

Even a fifth grader would trash that as faulty math.

Counting Reid with a concussion as one of the turnovers is even more ridiculous.

Next you'll be saying because RM got hurt he is going to die.

Don't forget those that keep putting FJ in that group. He sits on the bench every game and still has a full schollie, but RM ran him off.It has to kill the poor kid that injury ended his playing days.

Mb73 please show me where I compared ppg of rickma and soderberg? I think all I listed was rickma years.

You implied no progress, as opposed to wonderful Sodie.

No mention of the other issue I cited, so you admit that your "double the NCAA average" belch was statistical-mumbo-jumbo-hate?

So 50% or greater of the posts that I pointed out where you use misleading statistics to denigrate Majerus are not valid?

You implied no progress, as opposed to wonderful Sodie.

No mention of the other issue I cited, so you admit that your "double the NCAA average" belch was statistical-mumbo-jumbo-hate?

So 50% or greater of the posts that I pointed out where you use misleading statistics to denigrate Majerus are not valid?

i never implied anything. the context of the discussion was that the billikens were playing slow ball this year due to the roster issues. i simply pointed out it is the same offensive result as we have seen the entire majerus reign. but now that you have brought it up, you could say it is the same offensive result since larry hughes left slu.

as to whether or not the statistics are valid, the truth is the statistics stand on their own.