Today's game

jp18

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassity no shows again. Conklin makes stupid fouls and misses multiple bunnies again. Bills get terrible calls against them in crunch time again. Too many free throws missed again. I stomp around my house and make pouty faces again. Just another typical Billikens game.

the officiating did us in. the intentional foul on Evans changed the game and the intentional call on mccall was a complete joke. I tend to not believe in conspiracies, but after this game...

Instead of being up 4 with the ball and Conklin still in the game, we got the ball back in a tied game with Conklin having fouled out. Just a horrible call.

Kshoe was right - Conklin had a triple double - points, rebounds and missed shots.

I know Conklin isn't exactly Tyler Hansborough, but he's just about our only inside option. The question I have is, where is Kyle? 0 points and missed wide open 3s.

Conklin played well but he picks up way too many stupid fouls and misses WAY too many shots. He had an offensive foul today when he tried to drive in from the 3 point line. That's just a terrible decision. Cassity didn't show up at all.

0-7 from 3 as a team. 5-10 from the line. But hey, no Paul today and we played pretty well. I'm pretty sure that's not a coincidence.

Despite all of this. Refs completely cost us the game.

I cant wait to read TT's article tomorrow. It will probably contain a written statement by the ref's attorneys stating that SLU is a horrible team and should not be allowed to play in the league while said refs are officiating.

Now that is funny - I needed a good laugh, thanks.

I know Conklin isn't exactly Tyler Hansborough, but he's just about our only inside option. The question I have is, where is Kyle? 0 points and missed wide open 3s.

Further evidence of just how much we miss Willie. He knows how to finish and if BC can get as many open looks against teams as he does, WR can get even more...and make them.

I concur that intentional foul call on McCall was complete BS. He went for and knocked the ball out of bounds! Also, no way should Evans have been called for an intentional foul for swinging his elbow after a rebound. That call completely changed the flow and thus outcome of the game.

Conklin played well but he picks up way too many stupid fouls and misses WAY too many shots. He had an offensive foul today when he tried to drive in from the 3 point line. That's just a terrible decision. Cassity didn't show up at all.

0-7 from 3 as a team. 5-10 from the line. But hey, no Paul today and we played pretty well. I'm pretty sure that's not a coincidence.

Despite all of this. Refs completely cost us the game.

To BC's credit 2-3 of those fouls were complete b.s.

Why is there absolutely no accountability in our league for poor officiating. I want a written statement of apology.

Because the refs are just doing what they are told...protect the teams at the top of the conference so the A-10 can get more at large bids.

Maybe next year when we are an at-large candidate we'll get the same calls but for some reason I doubt it.

Because the refs are just doing what they are told...protect the teams at the top of the conference so the A-10 can get more at large bids.

Maybe next year when we are an at-large candidate we'll get the same calls but for some reason I doubt it.

Well put.

Do you really believe this kind of stuff goes on? I know we all say it and even Earl Austin said it today, but could it just be poor officiating? I am asking this question in a serious manner because it just seems that if these officials really are screwing up this badly on a regular basis there ought to be a review process to have them removed or at least censured. I really am at a loss to understand this kind of stuff.

Yet according to the rest of the fans on the A-10 board, we got homered, so I'm feeling pretty justified in my anger.

But do you think we get better treatment at home? The fans around me don't think so (may have something to so with my screaming at the refs).