Post game thoughts

Veterans vs. Our Billikens. Poor inside defense, MO St. shot 60% in the 1st and 68% in the 2nd - Weems 26pts, Creekmore 20 pts. We have NO inside defense or defense when inside players take it too the outside. Rebounding -11. Our guards continue to improve and be the backbone of this team - Jett 18, Cassity 11, and McCall 11 and only 7 turnovers. Triangle will not even begin too wail on certain players, we all know who these guys are - just horrible. Cancun is now the key in getting ready for the A-10 season. The warmth, the sun, the beach and the beautiful women - yes, the beautiful women (thank God certain players are not now with our Billiken team).

Beat Northeastern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it goes.

pretty obvious from this we can't defend the paint

also obvious we need a lot more than John Manning

Saint Louis Billikens

STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Dwayne Evans, F 21 2-4 0-0 3-4 2 3 0 0 0 1 4 7

Rob Loe, F 24 4-9 1-5 0-1 3 4 0 1 0 2 2 9

Jordair Jett, G 34 6-13 0-1 6-8 0 3 1 1 1 1 4 18

Mike McCall, G 32 5-7 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 2 0 2 1 10

Kyle Cassity, G 33 5-10 1-3 0-1 0 3 5 1 0 0 3 11

BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Paul Eckerle, G 20 0-2 0-1 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 0

Brian Conklin, F 12 1-3 0-0 2-2 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 4

Christian Salecich, G 4 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Cody Ellis, F 11 1-4 0-2 2-3 0 3 1 0 0 0 3 4

Cory Remekun, F 9 1-2 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 2

TOTALS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

25-54 2-12 13-19 5 19 10 5 1 7 24 65

46.3% 16.7% 68.4%

Missouri State Bears

STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Kyle Weems, F 33 10-14 3-7 3-4 3 8 0 0 1 1 2 26

Will Creekmore, C 25 8-12 0-0 4-7 2 7 1 0 1 1 4 20

Nafis Ricks, G 34 4-4 0-0 6-10 0 7 7 0 0 2 2 14

Adam Leonard, G 38 3-7 2-5 0-2 0 2 2 0 0 4 1 8

Jermaine Mallett, G 34 0-1 0-1 4-4 0 3 1 0 0 0 1 4

BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO

Hell, at this point Triangle would even take Bryce Husek.

Funny, I had him on my original reply and then erased his name. Thought, "NAW, not THAT desperate." But yeah, he'd probably be better than what we have right now. And I'm not dissing Loe, he's a freshman, he's really a forward and he's not used to playing USA college ball.

The future is bright for your Billikens. Jett is the real deal. He has legit high major speed, and is not afraid when he gets to the bucket- an underrated trait. He took our perimeter guys off the dribble all night, and when we didn't rotate, he finiedh strong. When we did, he made solid decisions with the ball for the most part. I liked him, and think he's a legit player for your future.

McCall is a solid player as well. HE's not on Jett's level, in my completely small sample size opinion, but he can play as well. Great physical tools, and loved his length. Once he cleans his shot up some, he'll be even more of a threat.

Loe has some skills, but needs to seriously gain some strength and understanding of defending in the post. He literally had no chance when we would dump it down to Creekmore or Patterson. If they missed, it was of their own volition for the most part. He does have talent, and normally a big man doesn't fully develop for two years.

Cassity has improved from the last time I saw him. I like his game, and he seems to have improved his shooting. Good player.

Obviously you don't need me to tell you that you're a different team with Reed and Mitchell, and that situation is tough.

MSU only had two players really show up tonight, but they were enough to get it done. MSU didn't have their A game tonight, but Weems is that good, and willed the team to keep a safe cushion. I think your team has a bright future, and is a legit post man (defensively), from being a really good team (read: NCAA's). Good luck the rest of the year, and I apologize of behalf of the Missouri State fanbase, for any of our fans who might get a little out of line while posting on your board.

Heck of a game tonight. SLU put up a better fight than I figured they would. Jordair Jett is something else, really nice find. Also really impressed watching Cassity all year, he is a tough kid. I don't know how you all will finish in the A10 but if Kwamain and Willie apologize, then you could probably finish pretty high. The A10 seems down this year so perhaps with good fortune you could do well and surpass last year's fantastic season.

The future is bright for your Billikens. Jett is the real deal. He has legit high major speed, and is not afraid when he gets to the bucket- an underrated trait. He took our perimeter guys off the dribble all night, and when we didn't rotate, he finiedh strong. When we did, he made solid decisions with the ball for the most part. I liked him, and think he's a legit player for your future.

McCall is a solid player as well. HE's not on Jett's level, in my completely small sample size opinion, but he can play as well. Great physical tools, and loved his length. Once he cleans his shot up some, he'll be even more of a threat.

Loe has some skills, but needs to seriously gain some strength and understanding of defending in the post. He literally had no chance when we would dump it down to Creekmore or Patterson. If they missed, it was of their own volition for the most part. He does have talent, and normally a big man doesn't fully develop for two years.

Cassity has improved from the last time I saw him. I like his game, and he seems to have improved his shooting. Good player.

Obviously you don't need me to tell you that you're a different team with Reed and Mitchell, and that situation is tough.

MSU only had two players really show up tonight, but they were enough to get it done. MSU didn't have their A game tonight, but Weems is that good, and willed the team to keep a safe cushion. I think your team has a bright future, and is a legit post man (defensively), from being a really good team (read: NCAA's). Good luck the rest of the year, and I apologize of behalf of the Missouri State fanbase, for any of our fans who might get a little out of line while posting on your board.

Yeah, I'm not getting involved in that other nasty thread. I just don't think much good comes from posting on another team's forum. Appreciate your respectful thoughts. I really think we'll be playing you guys again in a couple of years. It's been a fairly long series and seems like you guys win regardless of where the game is played.

Veterans vs. Our Billikens. Poor inside defense, MO St. shot 60% in the 1st and 68% in the 2nd - Weems 26pts, Creekmore 20 pts. We have NO inside defense or defense when inside players take it too the outside. Rebounding -11. Our guards continue to improve and be the backbone of this team - Jett 18, Cassity 11, and McCall 11 and only 7 turnovers. Triangle will not even begin too wail on certain players, we all know who these guys are - just horrible. Cancun is now the key in getting ready for the A-10 season. The warmth, the sun, the beach and the beautiful women - yes, the beautiful women (thank God certain players are not now with our Billiken team).

Beat Northeastern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it goes.

Huh?

I feel like we played pretty well but we were just overmatched in the paint. I wish Cory would of gotten more because he gives us our best interior defense. I feel the turning point in the game was at the 6 minute mark in the second half the lead was 7 and Rick puts in Salecich, Eckerle, Loe, Evans and Ellis. SMS lead went to 13 and the game was over.

McCall, Jett, Cassity, and Evans were getting to the basket at will and did a tremendous job of finishing at the basket. A nice surprise was only having 7 turnovers, our guards played well. The thing that killed us on the offensive end was the missed wide open 3's. We were 2-12

I like Chaifetz a little bit more but both facilities are top notch on campus arenas. Thought their crowd would be a lot better to be honest.

Finally Jordair Jett had his first facial of his youg career. I feel we are going to see a lot of that in the next 3 years. Just a straight nasty dunk.

I feel like we played pretty well but we were just overmatched in the paint. I wish Cory would of gotten more because he gives us our best interior defense. I feel the turning point in the game was at the 6 minute mark in the second half the lead was 7 and Rick puts in Salecich, Eckerle, Loe, Evans and Ellis. SMS lead went to 13 and the game was over.

McCall, Jett, Cassity, and Evans were getting to the basket at will and did a tremendous job of finishing at the basket. A nice surprise was only having 7 turnovers, our guards played well. The thing that killed us on the offensive end was the missed wide open 3's. We were 2-12

I like Chaifetz a little bit more but both facilities are top notch on campus arenas. Thought their crowd would be a lot better to be honest.

Finally Jordair Jett had his first facial of his youg career. I feel we are going to see a lot of that in the next 3 years. Just a straight nasty dunk.

How was the bus trip?

The bus trip was great and the Billiken Club did a great job putting it all together. More of an older crowd on the bus but still a good time. Plenty of beer so that was great. Wish they would put this together more often maybe to X or Dayton

+1. That was the dagger to our comeback. I can't say I really blame Majerus, though, because the others had helped claw us back into it and probably needed a breather. It just sucks because we were outplaying them and then that was a huge deflator to our chances.

You know, after looking at Loe's stat line the last 4-5 games, I would almost rather see Cory Remekun get 20-30 minutes a game. He is the better defender, and if his offense comes around we will at least have some presence in the paint.

You're right. If Loe doesn't hit any 3s, Remekun is the better player. I quess since Loe has so much more upside RM wants him to play as much as possible to develope. We're obviously not going anywhere this year and RM needs answers as to what he can expect from these guys. Conklin is what he is. Who knows what the story is with Ellis. Is this a lost year for him due to his summer illness or is this just the player he is? Remekun is a solid defender, but will he develope as a rebounder and be able to chip in 6 to 8 pts and 5-6 rebounds a game? Will Loe develope a feel for the inside game enough to justify minutes? Is Salecich really a shooting guard who can't shoot?

I think this season will be more about finding answers than winning games. If RMs talent is developing players he has the opportunity to work his majic on this group.

You're right. If Loe doesn't hit any 3s, Remekun is the better player. I quess since Loe has so much more upside RM wants him to play as much as possible to develope. We're obviously not going anywhere this year and RM needs answers as to what he can expect from these guys. Conklin is what he is. Who knows what the story is with Ellis. Is this a lost year for him due to his summer illness or is this just the player he is? Remekun is a solid defender, but will he develope as a rebounder and be able to chip in 6 to 8 pts and 5-6 rebounds a game? Will Loe develope a feel for the inside game enough to justify minutes? Is Salecich really a shooting guard who can't shoot?

I think this season will be more about finding answers than winning games. If RMs talent is developing players he has the opportunity to work his majic on this group.

This is the player that CE is. He lived off of KM.

This is the player that CE is. He lived off of KM.

The guards we have and DE can not find CE, RL, or open players for three or finish lay ins. Reason we have hardly any alley oops is more about passing than steals

The guards we have and DE can not find CE, RL, or open players for three or finish lay ins. Reason we have hardly any alley oops is more about passing than steals

And because we only have 2 players that would have a shot at dunking an alley-oop. Have you seen CE, RL and BC jump? If you combined all their verticals together it might equal that of an explosive athlete.

You may be right about hitting guys cutting for lay ups but CE and RL have had plenty of open looks from 3.

They are getting the ball with time to shoot but arent hitting the shot.

Thats not bad passing thats bad shooting.