The Missour St. Series

kshoe

It was a return Bracket Busters game, and those games are bought out quite a bit. A little different situation.

As much as it isn't fun, a handshake isn't a contract. I'm not trying to say what MSU is doing is completely right, as I know don't know the whole story yet. I'm a fan of the program, and not privy to the inner workings of their contracts.

I doubt MSU will agree to a 2-1 with SLU, to answer an earlier question.

Actually, nothing has to be in writing for a contract to be valid. I could make a nice comment about your school right here but I'm not going to.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a return Bracket Busters game, and those games are bought out quite a bit. A little different situation.

As much as it isn't fun, a handshake isn't a contract. I'm not trying to say what MSU is doing is completely right, as I know don't know the whole story yet. I'm a fan of the program, and not privy to the inner workings of their contracts.

I doubt MSU will agree to a 2-1 with SLU, to answer an earlier question.

Not a 2-1, but a 1-2-1. That's two consecutive home-and-away contracts, but alternating the starting location.

If our 2 players get reinstated, perhaps I'd call Mo. State's bluff and offer the 1-2. Let them turn that one down, and then their real motive will be crystal clear.

Has the real truth been uncovered, namely that they don't want to play us when they know they are going to get beat?

It isn't a bluff. We don't fear Kwamain and Willie. And what is the all time series now? 17-7 in favor of the good guys? Mighty big words for a program that seems to be perpetually waiting for next year. Kind of like the Cubs, no? The rich white girl is your Bartman. Best of luck though, I love playing instate teams. Really brings out the passion. Now if we could only get SEMO, UMKC, and Missouri to go along. Hopefully we can resume our series soon.

It isn't a bluff. We don't fear Kwamain and Willie. And what is the all time series now? 17-7 in favor of the good guys? Mighty big words for a program that seems to be perpetually waiting for next year. Kind of like the Cubs, no? The rich white girl is your Bartman. Best of luck though, I love playing instate teams. Really brings out the passion. Now if we could only get SEMO, UMKC, and Missouri to go along. Hopefully we can resume our series soon.

if you don't fear them, then come to SLU next year. doesn't matter if it's a road game if you don't fear us.

I'm sure Southeast Missouri and UMKC would love to play Missouri State in a home-and-away series. Wonder why that doesn't happen?

I like how this has been a constant basing of insults off of hypotheses.

Coach Martin said the Bears already are committed to five road games and two neutral-court games and could not visit SLU next season.

"We cannot afford another road game," he said, adding that he hoped to resume the series in two years.

Kyle Moats (MSU AD) said they wanted a 4 year deal, 2 years ago but SLU wouldn't sign the deal. Also, "We're not scared of them, but we can't play next year. We'll sign an 8-year deal then, if they want. We absolutely want to play them."

It ain't that big of a deal, guys.

I like how this has been a constant basing of insults off of hypotheses.

Coach Martin said the Bears already are committed to five road games and two neutral-court games and could not visit SLU next season.

"We cannot afford another road game," he said, adding that he hoped to resume the series in two years.

Kyle Moats (MSU AD) said they wanted a 4 year deal, 2 years ago but SLU wouldn't sign the deal. Also, "We're not scared of them, but we can't play next year. We'll sign an 8-year deal then, if they want. We absolutely want to play them."

It ain't that big of a deal, guys.

The logic in this is just so silly. "cannot afford another road game" is fine, but the FACT that SMS CHOSE to not schedule SLU right off the bat so that SLU was one of those five road games speaks volumes. It is like a guy saying, "I would have asked you out on a date, but I already asked someone else for that night" because I didn't want to go out with you!!! Duh!

It's amazing that a powerhouse school like Southwest Missouri State U lost a good coach like Spoon to lowly SLU. Why would a coach leave someplace like Springfield MO? ;)

Actually, nothing has to be in writing for a contract to be valid. I could make a nice comment about your school right here but I'm not going to.

Prove there was a verbal contract then. Those tend to be a little tougher to prove valid.

Even a person as stoopid as I am, with a lowly state school edumacation can figure out you're inferring it with your last comment, so you might as well make the comment. We get it, you're inferring that Missouri State is ranked below SLU, and is located in a smaller city.

Respect for others will serve you well in life my friend. Emotional intelligence and respect for others will further your career quite a bit, especially if you have a valuable degree to go with it.

Prove there was a verbal contract then. Those tend to be a little tougher to prove valid.

Even a person as stoopid as I am, with a lowly state school edumacation can figure out you're inferring it with your last comment, so you might as well make the comment. We get it, you're inferring that Missouri State is ranked below SLU, and is located in a smaller city.

Respect for others will serve you well in life my friend. Emotional intelligence and respect for others will further your career quite a bit, especially if you have a valuable degree to go with it.

Question: Why was there a need for the reported quotes from the Mo. State Coach and AD?

Answer: It looks like Mo. State has been put on the defensive in this one.

Question: Do you think some means are being used to justify an end?

Either play the game next year, or move onward, but face the consequences for not playing it.

Mo. State is having and will continue to have a real tough time winning this one in the St. Louis Court of Public Opinion. With a recruiting, student, and alumni base there, one would think that would be important to the decision makers.

you and your coach are coming across like babies in this, seriously.

1) you could have signed a four year deal instead of a 2 year deal last time

2) we didn't have our MWC-MVC game set up as a road game back then

3) Our return game to Nevada was pushed back a year, and they won't let us buy it out.

4) we need the income of a home games

5) scoreboard, suck it.

-I do like this series and hope it continues in 2 years. We enjoy the easy wins against an elite program in the heart of one of our alumni/recruiting areas. I also hope we start playing at UMKC or start playing neutral court games in KC for the exposure in our other large recruiting/alumni area.

you and your coach are coming across like babies in this, seriously.

1) you could have signed a four year deal instead of a 2 year deal last time

2) we didn't have our MWC-MVC game set up as a road game back then

3) Our return game to Nevada was pushed back a year, and they won't let us buy it out.

4) we need the income of a home games

5) scoreboard, suck it.

-I do like this series and hope it continues in 2 years. We enjoy the easy wins against an elite program in the heart of one of our alumni/recruiting areas. I also hope we start playing at UMKC or start playing neutral court games in KC for the exposure in our other large recruiting/alumni area.

Question: Will SLU have a veteran returning team next season? Answer: Yes.

Question: Does Mo. State have a Senior dominated team this season? Answer: Yes.

Question: In the normal rotation, would it be SLU's turn to host next year's game? Answer: Yes.

Is this a correlation or simply a mere coincidence? ...

Stop the spin, stop the excuses, stop the reported quotes, play the game, or move onward and face the consequences.

And when more NCAA snubs ensue, and you are reduced to irrelevancy in the State's biggest media market, don't whine, snivel, and cry for Argentina.

With the important caveat that I do not speak for SLU, would Mo. State accept a 1-2-1, meaning next year at Springfield, the next two years after that at SLU, and Year 4 in Springfield? Would that be a solution?

I don't understand why the Mo St fans are still here. Isn't the game over.

Their time would be much better spent over at the Tenn, Ok St & Tulsa boards. Tenn needs the confidence now. Ok St needs the recognition. And Tulsa...well Tulsa would be happy to talk to anyone about one of their wins...esp over Mo St.

So to quote Ferris Bueller....

"You're still here? It's over. Go home. Go."

I don't understand why the Mo St fans are still here. Isn't the game over.

Their time would be much better spent over at the Tenn, Ok St & Tulsa boards. Tenn needs the confidence now. Ok St needs the recognition. And Tulsa...well Tulsa would be happy to talk to anyone about one of their wins...esp over Mo St.

So to quote Ferris Bueller....

"You're still here? It's over. Go home. Go."

they'll be here next year at this time too. oh wait. nevermind. they scheduled too many road games even though they knew it was their turn to come to slu.

And when more NCAA snubs ensue, and you are reduced to irrelevancy in the State's biggest media market, don't whine, snivel, and cry for Argentina.

Your coach should take that advice. Whining about it last night. "Wah, wah. They won't play us." St. Louis is irrelevent for MSU in terms of exposure. The Valley Tournament helps us enough. With SIU listing, this is the ONE game every year where SLU can gain regional credibility and that is why Majerus is upset. He knows that no one cares when SLU beats Saint Bonaventure or Fordham, but people surely care when about MSU. We have name recognition and no one in the A10 has that with the possible exception of Xavier or Temple.

-who gets more out of continuing this series?

-we get an opponent, we know we have trouble with that

-i guess on home games we get a slight bump in attendance

-sms gets to play in stl where it recruits (they do have the mvc tourney as well)

-i don't think we are recruiting much in and around greene county

-as much as i would love to be in a position to tell them to stick it, not sure we can unless we can find a suitable replacement on the schedule, but i think those exist, jsut a matter of getting it done, but see point #1

The best thing to do right now is for both parties to just walk away and forget about continuing the series for the time being.

This game is not that big of deal for either team. SMS/MSU doesn't need SLU and SLU doesn't need MSU/SMS.

The only thing we really have in common is we both are in the same state.

Your coach should take that advice. Whining about it last night. "Wah, wah. They won't play us." St. Louis is irrelevent for MSU in terms of exposure. The Valley Tournament helps us enough. With SIU listing, this is the ONE game every year where SLU can gain regional credibility and that is why Majerus is upset. He knows that no one cares when SLU beats Saint Bonaventure or Fordham, but people surely care when about MSU. We have name recognition and no one in the A10 has that with the possible exception of Xavier or Temple.

You offer more name recognition than Dayton, Charlotte, and St. Joe's? You must be doing some meth. You guys only offer name recognition in Missouri and people outside of a 90 mile radius of Springfield don't give 2 shits about you guys.

Edit: I forgot Richmond. They may be the best team in the A-10.

You offer more name recognition than Dayton, Charlotte, and St. Joe's? You must be doing some meth. You guys only offer name recognition in Missouri and people outside of a 90 mile radius of Springfield don't give 2 shits about you guys.

Dude at the Kum n Go told us where we could score some meth last night.

We (SMS) have name recognition and no one in the A10 has that with the possible exception of Xavier or Temple.

You have now proven, beyond a doubt, that you are an idiot.