Stamos stays true

HusakAttack

Ok, well allow me to elaborate then.

1) You don't show up on a message board and criticize one of the members with your first post. THAT would be an L7 weenie. I know "nice second post" was weak.

2) My sincerest of apologies for wanting clarification on if/why John Stamos is a billiken fan...

I noticed that you frequent the billikens.com message board..and everything you say is either a) obvious b ) inside joke with some loser friend of yours c) pointless d) wrong.. you even "lmfao"ed your own joke on one post..So before you judge people and how they post on an open forum, 2nd post or 30000000th, take a gander at what you are talking about. Just because you frequent a message board doesnt mean you are high and mighty..i mean REALLY?? ur hating on criticizing people on this message board just because they dont spend all day looking at it and commenting? Get the F^%% out of here with that..

I noticed that you frequent the billikens.com message board..and everything you say is either a) obvious b ) inside joke with some loser friend of yours c) pointless d) wrong.. you even "lmfao"ed your own joke on one post..So before you judge people and how they post on an open forum, 2nd post or 30000000th, take a gander at what you are talking about. Just because you frequent a message board doesnt mean you are high and mighty..i mean REALLY?? ur hating on criticizing people on this message board just because they dont spend all day looking at it and commenting? Get the F^%% out of here with that..

It just bothers me a bit when a new poster comes on and immediately insults someone... but oh well.

a) Good to see you are criticizing me about being on the board "all day" yet you have spent time analyzing my posts for their content. I try to add some occasional insight, but I have never claimed to be a basketball guru by any means.

B) ? Not sure what you are fishing for there, but apparently someone's personal life can be determined based upon your assumptions.

c) See 'a'

d) I thought my joke was funny.

It's a bit comical that your post is in response to my judging a new poster and, in response, you are judging me. So, I guess, in return you should "Get the F^%% out of here with that..."

And a Merry Christmas to you also.

Holy crap, I knew about the crack (I think it was meth, actually) but not about the rack.

No crap! maybe we can get her to be a bills fan too! ;)

So what is Stamos' connection to the Billikens?

His father was a huge donor back in the day and he surrounded John's crib with Billiken dolls when John was a baby boy. John has since been a huge Billiken fan.

His father was a huge donor back in the day and he surrounded John's crib with Billiken dolls when John was a baby boy. John has since been a huge Billiken fan.

Um, well, that doesn't match up with the Wikipedia biography of Stamos. He was born in Cypress, California, which isn't exactly a hotbed of SLU donors.

Stamos' connection to SLU is actually much more obscure. Anyone ever been to the Majestic in the Central West End? The owner's name is Vlasis (Bill) Politis. When he and his brother Lou founded the place almost 50 years ago, they were always very kind to any Greek immigrants who needed jobs. One of them was Jimmy Stamatopoulos, who was basically a busboy for several years before he started his own dry-cleaning business. (Jimmy and his family lived next to me on Cornell in U. City when I was growing up.)

Jimmy had a cousin, whose name was also Bill. I remember Jimmy and Nikki's families would always come visit from all over the place. Jimmy never went to college (except after he retired, when he took the special seniors' program at SLU) but he was a huge SLU fan. He always dragged the kids along to games whenever they came to visit. (Anybody who knows John Kavanaugh SJ should ask him about Jimmy, the Greek guy from U. City.)

Anyway, as it turns out, I probably went with Stamos to his very first Billiken game and don't remember it!

Um, well, that doesn't match up with the Wikipedia biography of Stamos. He was born in Cypress, California, which isn't exactly a hotbed of SLU donors.

Stamos' connection to SLU is actually much more obscure. Anyone ever been to the Majestic in the Central West End? The owner's name is Vlasis (Bill) Politis. When he and his brother Lou founded the place almost 50 years ago, they were always very kind to any Greek immigrants who needed jobs. One of them was Jimmy Stamatopoulos, who was basically a busboy for several years before he started his own dry-cleaning business. (Jimmy and his family lived next to me on Cornell in U. City when I was growing up.)

Jimmy had a cousin, whose name was also Bill. I remember Jimmy and Nikki's families would always come visit from all over the place. Jimmy never went to college (except after he retired, when he took the special seniors' program at SLU) but he was a huge SLU fan. He always dragged the kids along to games whenever they came to visit. (Anybody who knows John Kavanaugh SJ should ask him about Jimmy, the Greek guy from U. City.)

Anyway, as it turns out, I probably went with Stamos to his very first Billiken game and don't remember it!

I'm for steve putting a leader on the front page of Billikens.com that is listed right under the "What is a Billiken?" line and it says "Why on earth is John Stamos a Billikens Fan?" and a click will take you to bonwhich's answer. I'm assuming the above is all true, Mr. Bonwich?