Game Thoughts Austin Peay

bk18

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with how Cassity played but he was inside the three point line and drove close enough for the opponent to slap the ball away. I just wish he had stopped outside the three point line. However, we would not have been in the game if he had not played as well as he did. He played like a veteran.

Tonight was really the first time I've been really impressed by KC. Without him, we would've been blown out of the building. MM needs to pick up the defense, but played a good game overall.

I am now returning from my self-imposed ban from the board since April. There's been so much bullsh*t flying around, and I didn't want to discuss it. Any childlike sense of optimism I had surrounding this program and this school died last month. This was the year that was supposed to be the first big payoff of the Majerus era and a real shot at something special, but I don't care about any of that anymore. I don't care what the expectations are, what our record is, or who we're playing. When Cassity made the three to go up by 5, it was pure, unadulterated joy like you rarely experience past the age of 5, and because of that, regardless of anything surrounding this season, I have to keep coming back and give this team a chance. They're young, inexperienced, and small, but there is still something exciting and fun about Billiken basketball, and I loved every minute of it.

Youth is the only thing I have seen in few years as a Billiken, so I really wouldn't know what an experienced team looks like. Loved Jett and Cassity's aggression to the hoop when we were making 2nd half run. It would be nice to see it for more than a few minutes. Pretty epic pic by Conk. Classic Conklin. It's pretty simple what determines this team's success or failure:

1) Turnovers

2) Points in the paint

3) Rebounding

We were killed by them tonight in that order.

Great job by the students. Let's keep that going.

Shout out to my boys Jim and Jon for receiving the loyal fan ball tonight.

I wish I felt the same right now. I am really p!$$ed about this whole deal. It didn't have to happen this way. It is one thing to miss on recruits and be the lil engine that is trying to make it up the hill. I can cheer for that I can understand that. It is something completely different to get to the top of that hill and then just chop your own b@llz off. I can't handle that and I feel sick.

What a giant leap backwards. Good news - Cassity was our best player tonight. Bad news - Cassity was our best player tonight. Just sick. How many years before this team gets back to the level it would have been if KM and WR were not royally screwed by some kangaroo court.

Anybody hear what Majerus/Moser had to say after the game? Did they even give interviews?

Majerus was interviewed this is a summary:

Team needs leadership from these two Jrs

missed too many free throws

Defense needs to be better

thanks fans

thanks students

will watch to tape to check out the CS foul

Cassity played great and doesn't deserve to lose. Could he have pulled up from 3? yes. Could he have taken it all the way to the hoop? yeah maybe. I feel like he stopped at an awkward length for a shot even if he would have gotten it off.

I had a great angle of the CS foul. Was it a foul? yes. Do you call it in that situation? never. If that was a foul, so was the slight contact that CS took when he got his shot blocked with 15 seconds left or whatever. Still, we should have never been in that situation. Overall, we just didn't play that well. I thought we showed flashes of a really good team, and it just might take a frustrating long time to put that together.

SLU really screwed this up. You take care of the bull s*** suspensions back in May or even in August and maybe we throw a couple more cupcakes on the schedule. Or at least don't start straight up with Austin Peay. Not like Austin Peay is great, but they make the tourney every 3 years or so. Also, give us more than 3 weeks with these players SLU. Hand down the suspensions in September even, and maybe there's some more leadership.

I feel like our team leader is Barnett and he wont see the floor for a year. He's always up coaching and helping on the bench. PE is a great guy, but I just don't know if he should be on the floor at all under 10 minutes to play.

Impressed with McCall. I hope he starts to shoot and drive more. Jett had one play where he should have gone all the way to the basket and pulled up from about 6 feet again. He's really impressive and strong though. Those 2 really are going to be good. I think that JJ, MM, KC, CE, and CR is a solid lineup. I thought CR played really well defensively, but didn't contribute much offensively.

I wish I felt the same right now. I am really p!$$ed about this whole deal. It didn't have to happen this way. It is one thing to miss on recruits and be the lil engine that is trying to make it up the hill. I can cheer for that I can understand that. It is something completely different to get to the top of that hill and then just chop your own b@llz off. I can't handle that and I feel sick.

Believe me, nothing can describe my utter repulsion for the people that run this kangeroo college. This incident was only the latest in a long series of events. I can't wait until the day my diploma is in my hand so I can give them all the finger. That said, I just can't bring myself to walk away. I am still a student, and college basketball is one of my last pure pleasures left in life. I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Believe me, nothing can describe my utter repulsion for the people that run this kangeroo college. This incident was only the latest in a long series of events. I can't wait until the day my diploma is in my hand so I can give them all the finger. That said, I just can't bring myself to walk away. I am still a student, and college basketball is one of my last pure pleasures left in life. I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Well said sir. Well said.

We went from THE YEAR, to losing to a low-major at home.

That sums up my Billiken fandom to this point.

Hard to get excited..there is potential...but we have had that for the last few years. I knew this was coming but still hard to take. In the words of Ozzie Osbourne "What a ###### Joke"

Hard to get excited..there is potential...but we have had that for the last few years. I knew this was coming but still hard to take. In the words of Ozzie Osbourne "What a ###### Joke"

Sure there's potential But there was this same potential two years ago and this is what we got out of it.