1st Official Record prediction thread

bauman

Counting Rockhurst, I see 25-5 as a possible record (not counting A-10 Conf Tournament). We need to be as good as I hope we will be, but I think it's a possibility.

Losses are: @ Duke, @ Temple, @ Duquense, @ Xavier and @ Richmond. Of these 5 losses I only see two where I give us no chance-Duke and X.

In the Win category I see possible losses @ Portland, Georgia, @ Dayton and @ St B. (why do we always seem to have problems with them?) and X here.

Potential looking beyond the next game losses include, MO. St, UD here and the final game in Cancun.

Piecing all this together results in 28-2 (Best case) and 17-13 as Worst case.

Most likely, 22-8.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either you read my post in the A-10 schedule thread (page 2) or we think almost exactly the same.

I think 25-5 is and should be the high reaching, yet realistic goal for the season.

22-8 will be my over/under bet with my buddies.

are we counting the rockhurst, stritch and nova games in these predictions?

Either you read my post in the A-10 schedule thread (page 2) or we think almost exactly the same.

I think 25-5 is and should be the high reaching, yet realistic goal for the season.

I can't fault your logic but record me at 23 and 7.

Counting Rockhurst, I see 25-5 as a possible record (not counting A-10 Conf Tournament). We need to be as good as I hope we will be, but I think it's a possibility.

Losses are: @ Duke, @ Temple, @ Duquense, @ Xavier and @ Richmond. Of these 5 losses I only see two where I give us no chance-Duke and X.

In the Win category I see possible losses @ Portland, Georgia, @ Dayton and @ St B. (why do we always seem to have problems with them?) and X here.

Potential looking beyond the next game losses include, MO. St, UD here and the final game in Cancun.

Most likely, 22-8.

No chance @ X? What are you smoking? They are a very, very solid program, but they aren't Duke. lol. Every A-10 game is winnable, and should be approached in that manner.

This schedule scares the hell out of me...

I only see 1 game that would be a long-shot to win: @ Duke

The rest are either 'Should Win' games, 'Tough but Should Win' games, or 'Toss- Up' games...

I only see about 5-6 games where we won't be favored (@ Duke, @ Xavier, @ Dayton, @ Temple, maybe Georgia/Mississippi/@ Duquesne)...and I hate being 'favored' to win...

I say: 10-3 Non-Conference

11-5 Conference

21-8 going into the A-10 Tourney (22-8 if you count the Rockhurst game)

I might be a little too optimistic, but I'm hoping that Portland doesn't have a shot against us.

Yes, they started strong last year and the game is at their place....

But they graduated their three top scorers (and a couple role players), which adds up to 67% of their points last year.

I'm going to assume we lose the Georgia game, and win one of these two (@Duquesne, @Richmond), and probably lose @ Dayton

23-7

We must think alike! I never go to the A-10 Board until the season starts.

so even though rockhurst doesnt count, count it, but dont count the other two that dont count. got it. 21-12

Roy, as I said at the top of my post, "Counting Rockhurst."

There is always a group of posters that count D-2 games in our record and a group that doesn't. It's somewhat confusing, but as we progress through the season and our W/L record is mentioned in the various media, a game against a D-2 school is always included. However, as you know the NCAA Selection Committee does NOT count wins over D-2/3 schools. This confusion is the reason I began my post with the first two words.

I did not, nor have I ever seen, exhibition games counted for any purpose or included in any write-up about a team and its record, so it doesn't seem like there should be any confusion there.

so even though rockhurst doesnt count, count it, but dont count the other two that dont count. got it. 21-12

Roy you are free to pick any W/L record, but as I said in my post, "Counting Rockhurst" and "not counting" any A-10 tourney games since we don't know how many of those we will play. That's how I came up with 30 games.

I don't why you are confused, but there are 30 games, not counting the exibition games at the beginning of the season.

i have conference tourney and post season included.

39-0, 2011 National Champions: 30-0 regular season, 3-0 (after first round bye) in Atlantic City, 6-0 in the NCAA Tournament.

38-0, not including the Rockhurst game.

41-0, including that one and exhibitions.

You heard it here first. Start stitching the banner.

i have conference tourney and post season included.

With your 21-12 final record (including Conf tourney and post-season) in your total of 33 game, it seems like that would mean we have 10 losses b/4 the Conf tour. (This assumes we lose one in the Conf tourn and one in a post-season tourn.)

It's hard for me to see how we could lose 10 games plus one in the A-10 tourn and still get in a post-season tourn. That would be a VERY disappointing season, given the weakness of our OOC schedule. I hope you're wrong!

Roy, where do you see the 10 regular season losses?

Just got home from surgery and I am stil on heavy pain killers.

Just thought I would clarify before someone asks me what I am smoking.

30 games, 29-1 only loss to Duke in a close game.

Ok go ahead and laugh! We will see at the end of the season. :D

Most likely, 22-8.

If we finish 17-13 in the regular season, I'll be expecting RM to be fired or at the very least be required to wear a skirt to all home games the following year. KM, WR, and BC will be required to wear ladies jerseys the following year or have their scholarship revoked.

If we finish 17-13 in the regular season, I'll be expecting RM to be fired or at the very least be required to wear a skirt to all home games the following year. KM, WR, and BC will be required to wear ladies jerseys the following year or have their scholarship revoked.

Oddly I think Majerus would enjoy that....