Still nothing from official sources on JJ leaving

It's been a few days, yet the school has not released a report, and there's nothing from the Post. Did Nate's sources possibly jump the gun? Are the coaches trying to get Justin to stay?

Maybe they will handle it like the Reid - Loe situation. An official announcement on both on the same day.

So there could be an announcement Jett - Jordan on the same day. Just speculation on my part, based on how they handled the previous situation.

Maybe they will handle it like the Reid - Loe situation. An official announcement on both on the same day.

So there could be an announcement Jett - Jordan on the same day. Just speculation on my part, based on how they handled the previous situation.

If they do it that way, it would really suggest that Jordan was pushed out — not his decision.

If they do it that way, it would really suggest that Jordan was pushed out — not his decision.

Why? That wasn't the case with the Reid - Loe situation?

It seems fairly commonplace to announce a transfer out - recruit in situation at the same time.

Not really.

Yes, really. If JJ just wanted to leave for more playing time (which may well be the case — I'm not trying to point fingers here), then they would publish the press release once he made it known he intends to transfer. Then they would publish another release a couple of weeks down the line when the new recruit's LOI came in. But if Jordan has already decided, of his own volition, to leave but they wait until a replacement LOI comes in, it would appear — to me, at least — that they pulled Jordan's scholarship to make room for someone else.

Yes, really. If JJ just wanted to leave for more playing time (which may well be the case — I'm not trying to point fingers here), then they would publish the press release once he made it known he intends to transfer. Then they would publish another release a couple of weeks down the line when the new recruit's LOI came in. But if Jordan has already decided, of his own volition, to leave but they wait until a replacement LOI comes in, it would appear — to me, at least — that they pulled Jordan's scholarship to make room for someone else.

Didn't Missouri recently announce on the same day two players leaving and two players coming in? So were those two that left Mizzou forced out?

Not really.

agree just balance from the P-R department something they never had as a luxury prior to RM staff.

I'd still prefer a taller guard but if this guy will throw the ball up, handle, and find the bigs we could reach a new

level with this addition and MM

Why? That wasn't the case with the Reid - Loe situation?

It seems fairly commonplace to announce a transfer out - recruit in situation at the same time.

I don't think that's commonplace, at all. I can't recall such a situation, other than Reid/Loe. And the difference is that Reid hadn't played because of his head injury and had a questionable status regarding returning. Reid wasn't pushed out.

Didn't Missouri recently announce on the same day two players leaving and two players coming in? So were those two that left Mizzou forced out?

Probably. Tyler Stone hardly played this past year, so I don't think Coach Anderson really wanted him to continue. Miguel Paul may have been recruited over, as well.

Nate announced JJ is leaving Monday. That means it is "a done deal".

Majerus has recruits in position for back-up purposes; unlike our previous coach(es), he can attract plentiful strong recruits, he has a "Plan B".

SO if SLU announces JJ's transfer officially in a few days along with the committment of an incoming recruit, I say, "good".

I don't think that's commonplace, at all. I can't recall such a situation, other than Reid/Loe. And the difference is that Reid hadn't played because of his head injury and had a questionable status regarding returning. Reid wasn't pushed out.

In addition to Mizzou, SIU just made the official announcement that Dillard and Booker were leaving on the same day that they announced they signed two new recruits, so it does seem fairly commonplace. I am certain I can find more examples.

Maybe Jordan let the staff know a while back, but what is the rush to make an "official" announcement at this point? Maybe they are holding on to that announcement until they have signed somebody else?

probably

Maybe Jordan let the staff know a while back, but what is the rush to make an "official" announcement at this point? Maybe they are holding on to that announcement until they have signed somebody else?

To me, that creates the appearance that the player was asked to leave.

I think that if there's some time between the announcement of a departure and the signing of a new recruit, it makes the coaches' recruiting look better. "Wow, he did a good job in finding a replacement quickly!"

I think there may be few things in play here.

First, the AD may be waiting for the semester to end prior to making an official announcement. This would allow JJ to finish his classes without any distractions. If this is the case then I think it is a classy move.

Second, I think the AD may be looking for some parity in equalizing the bad news with some good news and doing it in one announcement rather than bringing too much attention to the fact that we had a player leave. Just announcing someone leaving looks bad and I think it takes some of the pressure off the player leaving coupling good news with their departure.

I think you are making too much out of pairing these announcements.

First, the AD may be waiting for the semester to end prior to making an official announcement. This would allow JJ to finish his classes without any distractions. If this is the case then I think it is a classy move.

Second, I think the AD may be looking for some parity in equalizing the bad news with some good news and doing it in one announcement rather than bringing too much attention to the fact that we had a player leave. Just announcing someone leaving looks bad and I think it takes some of the pressure off the player leaving coupling good news with their departure.

+1

I guess that's reasonable.

As for your last statement: you have your perceptions; I have mine.

You can't please all the people all the time ... perception is reality, for the individual holding that particular perception.

All I'm saying is you can't worry about who perceived what. You do what you have to do. You can't do something because billiken_roy won't like it. You can't do it because thicks won't like it. You can't do it because Taj won't like it. And you can't do it because JJ or JR won't like it. You do what you believe is best for you and your program. Bottom line. Finito.

Now..... if you can do that and balance your stated care to your players, all the more better for you. You have to look at yourself in the mirror. How many of us have 100% of the things in our life go perfect?

Of course, you also can't do this year-in and year-out and not draw negative perceptions to your and your program. I think the NCAA is on to this with limited scholarships (13) and the new move to examine graduation rates and tie those to continuation of those 13 athletic scholarships (in men's basketball).

A kid gets five years to play four, sometime six with a medical year. I think the kid graduates in that time, your schollies are kept available. If the kid gets a grad degree, ala Lisch or Justin Johnson, you get a bonus chit to bail out and use in terms of kids leaving or not graduating. Transfers are tough and not accounted for right now --- at least that's what guys like Huggins say. So the sytem needs a tweak or two.

I don't know what you can do in terms of the TLIII or Nik Caner-Medley situations. As we all know, TLIII almost didn't graduate, instead hanging it up in March of his senior year when the season was done. He came back and graduated as far as I know so that was okay. But Caner-Medley at Maryland and Bobby Brannen at UC are prime examples of kids who shoot their senior year once the playing season is over and begin trying out for pro teams. Most of that is with European or South American teams. But they don't graduate and that penalizes a program through no fault of the programs doing. That has to be remedied.

Overall, I like the thought of this kind of deal --- and deals that keep the one-and-doners out. But that's just me ---- you know the Derrick Rose's of college basketball will continue to outwit, outlast and outplay the NCAA. College basketball's version of "Survivor." John Wall might have enrolled for his second semester of his freshman year but do you think he finished it? Got hismid-term grades to stay eligible and quit everything but basketball? Its not that uncommon. Did Ian graduate? Luke? Polk? Did Hughes come back and get a degree? How wou;ld Justin Tatum count? I'll bet you every program will have issues to look at in this regard.

I think you are right on about why teams would make the transfer out/recruit in announcement at the same time. I don't think you can conclude one way or the other about whether a player was forced out based on the timing of the announcement. In the case of Reid, it's likely they knew he wasn't coming back for a long time, but they held on to the announcement until the day after the season. The same thing could be going on with Jordan.

I do not know WTF your point is on this post, but I disagree with it. :lol:

Haha, I just thought it was weird that he played the "you seem things your way, I'll see 'em mine" card with '05 when he played the "Not really; yes really" game with you.