Coach Majerus interview

Ben Boyd

Guest BillikenReport

Majerus just said "I think we're going to have some good recruiting news coming up soon."

And boom goes the dynamite.

Let the craziness begin.

Guest BillikenReport

Have you heard any whispers Nate?

I hear lots of things.

Loe was supposed to make a decision a while back. One of these days he'll decide.

Majerus just said "I think we're going to have some good recruiting news coming up soon."

And boom goes the dynamite.

Let the craziness begin.

I heard it too. You gotta think that means Loe is wrapped up and we don't want to go there until after the season. That is awesome, but I hate that somebody has to go. We'll see how it goes down, but I truly think the person who ends up leaving will probably be leaving on his own. Nobody wants to be the weak link.

Guest BillikenReport

I heard it too. You gotta think that means Loe is wrapped up and we don't want to go there until after the season. That is awesome, but I hate that somebody has to go. We'll see how it goes down, but I truly think the person who ends up leaving will probably be leaving on his own. Nobody wants to be the weak link.

I think it is more wishful thinking than Loe being "wrapped up."

Guest BillikenReport

you mean you think it is wishful thinking that loe is wrapped up?

Yes.

I don't think Loe is wrapped up.

I think SLU has a good chance to get him, but I don't think he is wrapped up.

I was in my car about 11 and the ass clowns from 1380, Producer joe and whoever the other homo is he does the show with said that Kyle Cassity was coming up.

I wasnt able to hear it but with those two bozos it probably wasnt to good anyway.

But any pub is good pub and I know a lot of people listen to that show, for reasons I dont understand. Maybe it will help recruit some fans for the game Wed.

Yes.

Yeah...that's a little overboard. But for him to say something like that, I get the impression that SOMEBODY is wrapped up. Until it's announced, anything can happen, but he went out of his way to say we should get good news here shortly, and I gotta think Loe is the man. Anybody brought in at this juncture would have to be an impact player, IMO.

Did Rick talk about anything else besides some "good recruiting news"

Can anyone provide a synopsis.

Thanks!

He talked about last nights game. Saying there is only 8 scholarship players at the moment but its not an excuse for not bringing the intensity that was needed. Said Cassity's turnovers were due to fatigue. Feels bad for Conklin and Smith for having to play the SF spot due to injuries. Cody needs to add a physical aspect to his game if he was to be successful, which he said should develop with a full offseason and 3 more years. He says he is looking forward to seeing how the team responds tomorrow and that the kids are ready to get back on the court. No practice today just a walk through.

He talked about the Final Four this year. Really likes Butler because of the student athletes and they are the underdog. St. Louis did a great job hosting the sweet sixteen and elite eight.

Yes.

Did the recruiting comment come at the very end of the segment. I listened until Rick and Bernie started talking about the NCAA (both rooting for Butler) then I had to turn the radio off. If he said it before that then I must have slept thru it.

Typical "Majerus Monologue." Two questions answered in 20 minutes-finally BM had to interrupt with a Final Four question.

As I speculated last week, I think we have a recruit wrapped up , but don't want to announce this one-over-the-limit scholarship until RM has time to talk to his current players. Willie, I know that that is not required but it certainly is a better way to handle the one-too-many situation. If RL or WC are as good as advertised then they would clearly add more to the ability of the team than the projected 13th man next year.

Did the recruiting comment come at the very end of the segment. I listened until Rick and Bernie started talking about the NCAA (both rooting for Butler) then I had to turn the radio off. If he said it before that then I must have slept thru it.

Typical "Majerus Monologue." Two questions answered in 20 minutes-finally BM had to interrupt with a Final Four question.

As I speculated last week, I think we have a recruit wrapped up , but don't want to announce this one-over-the-limit scholarship until RM has time to talk to his current players. Willie, I know that that is not required but it certainly is a better way to handle the one-too-many situation. If RL or WC are as good as advertised then they would clearly add more to the ability of the team than the projected 13th man next year.

He said it at the very end

Eastsidehoe-

i think you are able to read, its probably your eye sight judging from watching you squinting at the TVs the size of an entire wall at Sportszone. Go get your bifocals checked.

WANNABE DIRTY RICAN BROTHER, I'LL TRY TO READY BETTER NEXT TIME. I can accept you in my english class if you like. it's only for the mentally impaired. No worry, you would fit right in?? :lol:

What? You expected him to be able to spot his own typo? Blame it on his editor. :lol:

thicks, you can't expect much from the Backhand, he would make a good assistant to RM next year. He can work with Lowe, oh is that the retail store, my Bad.

Can't we all just get along?

If RM was being covert in his anouncement it is understandable at this point, but as has been discussed--IF it really is Loe, than that is a great thing for this program. We have all talked at great lengths how much we could use a player of his caliber--assuming he comes close to living up to the hype. Again this is great news and we should all be thrilled. Of course it is not 100% yet, but here's to keeping our fingers crossed and taking RM's tease as good news.

Can't we all just get along?

If RM was being covert in his anouncement it is understandable at this point, but as has been discussed--IF it really is Loe, than that is a great thing for this program. We have all talked at great lengths how much we could use a player of his caliber--assuming he comes close to living up to the hype. Again this is great news and we should all be thrilled. Of course it is not 100% yet, but here's to keeping our fingers crossed and taking RM's tease as good news.

Absolutely!! those wings were pretty good last night, eh?