Paul E

BillsWin

Oh please! I've had enough of Roy's unnecessary shots at Majerus for causes he doesn't even believe in! He pretends that its because he cares about these young men to make his case when he only cares about lobbying hatred towards Majerus.

that makes me quite the clairvoyant as i have been preaching those causes since i came to saint louis university in 1978. to think i had it all planned out to unseat rickma some 32 years ago with my pretenses.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nate, why dont you find the post where i said this. thanks in advance. you can apologize for that lie when you realize it was never said.

i think you will find i didnt appreciate some of the treatment of the lisch's but i dont think you will find i said anything about getting a fair chance to continue his career at slu. in fact, i said in hindsight, that the lisch's should have never put daniel at slu and it was trouble waiting to happen.

i was indeed happy initially for the opportunity, but it quickly became apparent once the season started that this wasnt a good move.

It is truly amazing to me that you still continue to bash our coach when you were a tireless and never ending defender of everything that Brad did throughout his tenure and you ripped anyone who criticized him as a coach or a recruiter. I was a big supporter of Brad and you were way beyond me in terms of your undying support even when it was obvious he could not close the deal on the recruits and his team suffered many humiliating losses. I hoped he would be given another year and I hoped he would finally sign some of the recruits we needed but he was not able to close the deal on players and that was ultimately his downfall. Everyone knows that like Brad, Coach RM is not perfect. They do not have the same flaws but they are both flawed just like all of the rest of us!!!!!

But it is impossible for any reasonable person not to see that our recruitng has improved, our player development has improved and our team is better. Our coach and staff care about academics and doing things the right way. It is a fun team to watch--a team with a great future! Anyone who is PERFECT please contiue to post on this 5 page stiring -- for the rest of us, let's enjoy what we have, recognize that our coach is not perfect--like every other coach in America--and root for out young Billikens!

Oh please! I've had enough of Roy's unnecessary shots at Majerus for causes he doesn't even believe in! He pretends that its because he cares about these young men to make his case when he only cares about lobbying hatred towards Majerus.

How does name-calling strengthen your position in the debate? It's one thing to say, "It's not worth it to argue with you because you're stubborn," but when you stoop to saying, "You're just a ______," it detracts from the strengths of your argument. It says that you're just angry and can't control your emotions.

How does name-calling strengthen your position in the debate? It's one thing to say, "It's not worth it to argue with you because you're stubborn," but when you stoop to saying, "You're just a ______," it detracts from the strengths of your argument. It says that you're just angry and can't control your emotions.

and what does it say when you're condescending like this? couldnt that be just as bad as name calling to some?

I thought we were talking about Paul E?? We knew his scholly was gone after this year, give me a break, wake up people.

Roy has to find a new poster child for Cockstrong Abuse. Everything has been peanut butter and roses around Cockstrong since the Lisch family came out and harbored no ill-will towards cs, the 4 releasees are playing regularly at a level suitable for them, and he can't find the manager who took the dumped in towel to the garbage can.

Paul Eckerle's situation is like Jeff Jordan at U of I. Read the last line of the article....

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/eye-...an-scholarship/

you don't care much for reading comprehension, do you?

RM loves KM as a ball player, but probably not every single aspect and criticizes KM for perceived shortcomings or missteps. Why can't we do the same with RM?

Its what you said. Read it again. Or better yet, have someone read it to you.

RM loves KM as a ball player, but probably not every single aspect and criticizes KM for perceived shortcomings or missteps. Why can't we do the same with RM?

Its what you said. Read it again. Or better yet, have someone read it to you.

It means nobody is perfect and subject to criticism. Pretty easy to understand.

Further, contrary to your silly belief, we don't have to coach or play D-1 ball to have valid criticisms of RM.

Don't you have some more small minded/borderline racist statements to make?

How am I being condescending? All I said at first is that the name-calling isn't necessary. He argued the point.

In connection with calling people names, you assert your viewpoint as if it is self-evident and that it is everyone's belief. It smacks of superiority and you seem to be talking down to '05.

It means nobody is perfect and subject to criticism. Pretty easy to understand.

Further, contrary to your silly belief, we don't have to coach or play D-1 ball to have valid criticisms of RM.

Don't you have some more small minded/borderline racist statements to make?

Another mis-statement on the D-1 thing... that was not the point, that is your misadjustment to somehow justify your agenda, whatever that is... you change mid stream... you bounce from thread to thread with a beautiful random approach.

BUT you are pathetic to throw out the race card. Your only move to hide behind? Then nobody can dare touch you?

Grow a pair and be factual, try it sometime, you will be better off. Nice try, though.

the school offered the student athlete a scholarship. if the school made a mistake judging the actual talent then the school should live with it. now as i said above, if the student athlete didnt give an effort or is a cancer to the team with attitude and actions not beholden to the teams well being, then that is a different story. i hardly think that paul eckerle is that example though.

we are talking about one slot for two years. if the program cant survive because a lesser talented player is holding that particular spot for that two additional years we are in far more trouble than we all believe.

and as talent and contribution goes, imo the truth is that paul eckerle was a more dependable performer than a couple of players on the team this year.

Ok, what if the coach leaves or is fired? If the kid's a McD 5 star does the school force him to stay?" Or, if the coach that was fired just couldn't recruit D-1 level talent, which is why he was probably let go, does the school get stuck for 4 years with a kid(s) who can't cut it at this level? The whole program suffers, especially. Why? It's not good for the school and not good for the kid(s).

The fact that Eckerle spent three years on scholarship at SLU probably far exceeded most peoples' expectations, likely including Paul's own expectations. Eckerle's situation is nothing like if someone is asked to transfer this spring to free up a scholarship, though I've heard enough about other kids considering transferring for one reason or another that I'm willing to wait to see what happens before passing judgment on the coaching staff.

Thank you, Nate Lasch, for being a voice of reason and fact.

Another mis-statement on the D-1 thing... that was not the point, that is your misadjustment to somehow justify your agenda, whatever that is... you change mid stream... you bounce from thread to thread with a beautiful random approach.

BUT you are pathetic to throw out the race card. Your only move to hide behind? Then nobody can dare touch you?

Grow a pair and be factual, try it sometime, you will be better off. Nice try, though.

Thanks for channeling your best basketballcountry on that response.

Notwithstanding the fact that you make zero sense, I'll try to respond.

Billikan said it best when he said that nobody is perfect. RM is not perfect. You with me?

Since RM is not perfect, he is open to criticism. Still with me?

Some of RM's imperfections have nothing to do with him being a D-1 coach. For example, I'm able to criticize basic human interactions between RM and others that have nothing to do with him being a D-1 coach, but rather, it has to do with him being a human. I know this last one is a tough one for you. Take your time to digest it. Take a break thinking about it if you have to. I don't want you to hurt yourself.

I'll try not to misadjust the point to somehow justify my agenda any more.

Don't forget that Roy also complained that Daniel Lisch wasn't given a fair chance to continue his career at SLU after his gift scholarship from Majerus for his freshman season.

The same Lisch that scored a total of 17 points in 18 games for 6-13 D-3 Fontbonne this season.

http://www.fontbonne.edu/athletics/teams/m...seasonstats.htm

This is another example of someone trying to find a way to push the agenda that Majerus is a big fat meanie.

I was in the gym at Whitfield School when Majerus first found out who Paul Eckerle was. I was among a group of people, including Earl Austin Jr., who told Majerus about Eckerle and encouraged the coach to give him a look.

The fact that Eckerle spent three years on scholarship at SLU probably far exceeded most peoples' expectations, likely including Paul's own expectations. Eckerle's situation is nothing like if someone is asked to transfer this spring to free up a scholarship, though I've heard enough about other kids considering transferring for one reason or another that I'm willing to wait to see what happens before passing judgment on the coaching staff.

Thank you. this message says it.