Willie Reed and free throws

crymdg2

Westy, you either have selective memory or haven't seen many games in person this year. His misses were WAY closer than they were in most conference games. It was BRUTAL. His FT shooting in general has improved some. The problem was psychological first, mechanical second. Problem one has gotten much better. He has the offseason for problem two.

Ive been to every game this year and watched all the roadies either on tv or online. Saying he has improved isnt saying much. I disagree that his problem psychological first. His form is not good and the rotation on the ball spins sideways most of the time. I just think its dumb and bush league to chant his name. It probably doesnt make a difference either way but his misses last night were really bad.

Ive been to every game this year and watched all the roadies either on tv or online. Saying he has improved isnt saying much. I disagree that his problem psychological first. His form is not good and the rotation on the ball spins sideways most of the time. I just think its dumb and bush league to chant his name. It probably doesnt make a difference either way but his misses last night were really bad.

first off his misses werent that bad at all. i stood next to runnin billiken at the game yesterday and pointed that out. most of his misses were only slightly off with a few goin in and out. and there is no problem with the chant. if he doesnt mind it then why stop? it appears to be working a little bit if you look at the numbers

Ive been to every game this year and watched all the roadies either on tv or online.

1 Saying he has improved isnt saying much.

2 I disagree that his problem psychological first.

3 His form is not good and the rotation on the ball spins sideways most of the time.

4 I just think its dumb and bush league to chant his name.

5 It probably doesnt make a difference either way but his misses last night were really bad.

1) OK. Good stuff.

2) Agree to disagree

3) Agreed. Offseason work.

4) Agree to disagree

5) If we're going to describe those as "really bad" then we're going to need a new word for what they used to be.

Thanks for chatting, Westy. Have a fantastic day. See you Wednesday. :rolleyes:

first off his misses werent that bad at all. i stood next to runnin billiken at the game yesterday and pointed that out. most of his misses were only slightly off with a few goin in and out. and there is no problem with the chant. if he doesnt mind it then why stop? it appears to be working a little bit if you look at the numbers

Just because Willie doesn't mind it doesn't mean all folks will like it. Like Westy03 said, HIS opinion is that it is dumb and bush league, not Willie's opinion. I think it is probably a little pre-mature to say it is working because he has made a couple more free throws the last 2 or 3 games...

Westy, you either have selective memory or haven't seen many games in person this year. His misses were WAY closer than they were in most conference games. It was BRUTAL. His FT shooting in general has improved some. The problem was psychological first, mechanical second. Problem one has gotten much better. He has the offseason for problem two.

His FT% in the last five home games after XU has been 50%. He is shooting 47% From the line on the year. It isn't really helping.

Just because Willie doesn't mind it doesn't mean all folks will like it. Like Westy03 said, HIS opinion is that it is dumb and bush league, not Willie's opinion. I think it is probably a little pre-mature to say it is working because he has made a couple more free throws the last 2 or 3 games...

fair enough. i just guess we all have our different views then.

for the conference stretch of the season willie shot 37% at the free throw line. and that is only that high because apparently rickma snuck kevin durrant into the lasalle game to shoot free throws for willie (9-16). take lasalle out of the mix and his a-10 free throw percentage was 30%.

so those of you thinking willie was hurt by the student section making too much noise might want to rethink that. appears he has shot significantly better since the students have been making noise while he shot free throws.

Was that my driving or that it could fall apart at any moment.

Don't worry 05, he is afraid to ride in my batmobile too. We live downtown...if the DirtyRican is driving we have to leave an hour before the game to get there right before tipoff.

Don't worry 05, he is afraid to ride in my batmobile too. We live downtown...if the DirtyRican is driving we have to leave an hour before the game to get there right before tipoff.

The Lebaron is held together by duct tape. As for the batmobile, I feel like I am just running really fast on the highway.

Erroneous! The Lebaron is a fine machine.

i used to drive a '95 oldsmobile cutlass, wif all DA JUICE, when i was at SLU. but i also worked various jobs that had me coming back through "THE GAUNTLET" (grand) at 1:30 in the morning. i got run into three times in one month before i finally junked it and got my jeep. but until then, i kept driving that ######, w/ the front clip just dragging on the street. people who didn't know it was my car would see that ###### in the parking lots and get all fired up. then i'd get in there and haul ass w/ everything scraping and you'd have thought it was a monster truck rally. i more than got my recompense in the jeep.

my recommendation: next car, get something that can run over bushes and ######.

i used to drive a '95 oldsmobile cutlass, wif all DA JUICE, when i was at SLU. but i also worked various jobs that had me coming back through "THE GAUNTLET" (grand) at 1:30 in the morning. i got run into three times in one month before i finally junked it and got my jeep. but until then, i kept driving that ######, w/ the front clip just dragging on the street. people who didn't know it was my car would see that ###### in the parking lots and get all fired up. then i'd get in there and haul ass w/ everything scraping and you'd have thought it was a monster truck rally. i more than got my recompense in the jeep.

my recommendation: next car, get something that can run over bushes and ######.

Or over the curb and onto the grass at Del Taco...

I've spoken to willie about this to make sure it wasn't bothering him. He said he didn't mind.

I also have it on good authority that "he likes it". He likes it loud in there!! I always try and start a "willie" chant wherever I happen to be sitting. Willie likes the crowd to be fired up, it's evident by the many times he has motioned to the crowd with his arms, to say" come people show some love."

Go Bills!