Kevin D'Lisch

Kevin Lisch etched his name into Perth Wildcats folklore with an amazing 29 points as the 'Cats beat the Wollongong Hawks 96-72 to become the 2009/10 NBL champions at Challenge Stadium on Friday night.

Lisch, the 23-year-old import guard in his first season of professional basketball out of St Louis University, put on an incredible display with 29 points that included five three-pointers and 13 late in the third quarter where the 'Cats went on a 14-0 run.

That saw the Wildcats win Game 3 of the Grand Final series by 24 points and create NBL history with a record fifth championship.

The other Perth triumphs came in 1990, 91, 95 and 2000, and they are now one title ahead of the Adelaide 36ers.

Lisch earned the Larry Sengstock Medal as Grand Final MVP for his games of 15, 11 and 29 points. His performance, along with point guard Damian Martin who had 17 points and three from long range, led the Wildcats to victory.

Stephen Weigh also added 13 points, likely rookie-of-the-year Jesse Wagstaff 10 and captain Shawn Redhage nine for the Wildcats.

Martin Cattalini scored six points and now becomes a four-time NBL championship winner after playing with Perth in 1995, and Adelaide in 98 and 99.

kevin has been on a roll for awhile now with a number of very good games. it appears by reading the stats, down the stretch he was without a doubt the wildcats best player. i have heard 3rd hand that he is attempting to get italian citizenship. if he succeeds, he would no longer be suspect to the "2 americans" per roster rules of the big european leagues and would likely end up in a high profile european league next year then.

that said, the way he played the last month or so it might not matter.

kevin has been on a roll for awhile now with a number of very good games. it appears by reading the stats, down the stretch he was without a doubt the wildcats best player. i have heard 3rd hand that he is attempting to get italian citizenship. if he succeeds, he would no longer be suspect to the "2 americans" per roster rules of the big european leagues and would likely end up in a high profile european league next year then.

that said, the way he played the last month or so it might not matter.

Good to see KL's name again. Way to go KL. Sure wish we had him today.

Game Story

http://www.nbl.com.au/index.php?id=15&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=15587&tx_ttnews[backPid]=4&cHash=020aba5da3

Boxscore

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/1329/...1/51hZUr2LxGtQ/

It was a great game to watch, from an inbound pass with 1.7 seconds left in the third quarter Kevin sunk a 3pt 10ft in from midcourt.

And when they were about to announce the tournament MVP, the crowd started chanting 'D-Lisch' before they could say his name.. they really love him in Perth.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
hahahaha, i love about halfway through when his coach magically appears out of nowhere w/ a big gay grin on his face and the reporter in that jawesome aussie accent goes, "DO YA LOVE 'IM!?!?"

All the young boys in Australia are taking down their Luc Longley posters and the girls are taking down their Eric Bana posters replacing them with Kevin D'Lisch posters.

I think this could help our recruiting down under.

All the young boys in Australia are taking down their Luc Longley posters and the girls are taking down their Eric Bana posters replacing them with Kevin D'Lisch posters.

any young boy w/ a luc longley poster is probably on course to be one of the raddest dudes alive... i'm talking king of coolidge college rad. i'm talking radmobile rad.

Posted Image

Im pretty sure most australians have posters of Paul Hogan the great actor who has brought us Classics such as Crocodile Dundee and the very under-rated flipper where Mr Hogan Co-starred with Elijah Wood and Isac Hayes. The second most popular poster in the land down under is probably Sir William Lawrence Bragg the famed physicist and nobel prize winner.

Lisch is a distant third to these two greats but moving up the list fast

i heard this morning that kevin will now go play pro in puerto rico for the next three months or so.