Is it just me or was that last dunk completely crass

slu101

Was the dunk at the end classless?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Was the dunk at the end classless?

• Yes
    • No

or at least for me... if one of my players did that at the end of the game... i would bench him for the rest of the season... down by 12... we could have easily scored 3 or 4 times on our last position... and just held the ball... 10 sec left... we are trying to dribble the game out at half court ... and he steals and showboats... absolutely zero class.

or maybe i am just an old fuddy duddy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally low class. Showboating when you're down by 12 and the game's over. It did appear, however, that our student section gave it to him pretty good on his way down the tunnel.

That's a very poorly coached team -- another of their players left the court with about 15 seconds left.

or at least for me... if one of my players did that at the end of the game... i would bench him for the rest of the season... down by 12... we could have easily scored 3 or 4 times on our last position... and just held the ball... 10 sec left... we are trying to dribble the game out at half court ... and he steals and showboats... absolutely zero class.

or maybe i am just an old fuddy duddy

I didn't mind. I thought it was quite entertaining. It doesn't make a lick of difference in the outcome and it was a really good dunk. I would have given it at least a 9.5 in a dunk contest. I'm pretty jovial once the victory is secure. I was too busy talking to my new facebook buddy Oliver Lewinson (yes, THE All-American-high-fiver-chest-bumper Oliver Lewinson) on the DU bench to get angry. Great guy. He took our crap all night and was still laughing with his benchwarming buddies.

Showed no class. The coaches didnt even say anything to him!

Why should they say something to him??? Do they want their players to just roll over? Compete until the buzzer sounds! Duquesne is not the kind of team to just quit.

Put it this way: If the Cardinals are playing the Pirates in Pittsburgh and trailing 12-1 with two outs and the bases empty, are you going to get ticked off because Albert Pujols hits a home run? Should he TRY to strike out or make an out?

No wonder Bernie Miklasz frequently puts Billikens fans down: many of them want high-major basketball to be like youth leagues!

Why should they say something to him??? Do they want their players to just roll over? Compete until the buzzer sounds! Duquesne is not the kind of team to just quit.

Put it this way: If the Cardinals are playing the Pirates in Pittsburgh and trailing 12-1 with two outs and the bases empty, are you going to get ticked off because Albert Pujols hits a home run? Should he TRY to strike out or make an out?

No wonder Bernie Miklasz frequently puts Billikens fans down: many of them want high-major basketball to be like youth leagues!

Yeah, if it was a weak, half-@$$ panzy dunk I'd be pissed. At least the boy put on a show. If you can't be classy, at least be entertaining. You can't tell me that dunk wasn't cool.

Yeah, if it was a weak, half-@$$ panzy dunk I'd be pissed. At least the boy put on a show. If you can't be classy, at least be entertaining. You can't tell me that dunk wasn't cool.

If I was 6-6 with ups I would do the same thing. The game is 40 minutes long and he played till the whistle. It just pissed me off because it gave Kwamain a turnover after his great game. I really dont see what the big deal is.

Yo, Hicks. This is another case of you commenting without having witnessed the actual event.

A DUQUESNE PLAYER HAD ALREADY LEFT THE COURT. Actually, he'd left about ten seconds prior to the dunk. DUQUESNE QUIT AS A "TEAM."

The dunk wasn't "competing." The game was already decided. That was playground showboating at its worst.

If I was 6-6 with ups I would do the same thing. The game is 40 minutes long and he played till the whistle. It just pissed me off because it gave Kwamain a turnover after his great game. I really dont see what the big deal is.

The point total in vegas was predicted to be 126. Two kids behind me in the student section each had $100 on bets that it would be over 126. That dunk saved their ass and made them some serious cash. So just for that I have no problem with it ha.

so using that logic we should have been driving to the basket with 10 seconds left instead of running out the clock?

Absolutely not! That's a good way to get one of your important players injured. The Bills did the right thing up four to six possessions in the last 35 seconds — run out the clock. But you also have to protect the ball. Why should the trailing team stop competing?

You've twisted my logic. If the Cardinals LEAD 12-1 in the ninth, Pujols isn't even in the game. That's more in line with my logic.

Yo, Hicks. This is another case of you commenting without having witnessed the actual event.

A DUQUESNE PLAYER HAD ALREADY LEFT THE COURT. Actually, he'd left about ten seconds prior to the dunk. DUQUESNE QUIT AS A "TEAM."

The dunk wasn't "competing." The game was already decided. That was playground showboating at its worst.

I was watching the game on TV, so you're wrong. NEXT.

Also, late in the Missouri State game, when the Bills really had no chance of winning, Willie Reed found himself with the ball under the basket and he went up and dunked. Why no complaint there? Because a SLU player did it?

Agreed, the play was classless all the way. You don't jam the ball with authority in the final seconds after getting whipped. It makes you look like a fool.

Agreed, the play was classless all the way. You don't jam the ball with authority in the final seconds after getting whipped. It makes you look like a fool.

I disagree.

Billikens fans: "We're old enough to drink and curse at basketball games!! Hey, that guy dunked on us at the end of a game even though they couldn't win! Waaaah! Mom!"

At first, I was livid. Then I realized we had still won by 10 points. Let him showboat all he wants.

I'm sorry. KM made a mistake. I thought he was passing it to the ref, but there was a lot of time left (4+ seconds). I can't imagine why the Duq player wouldn't try to score. His play doesn't bother me in the least. I'm upset with KM for getting so careless and I suspect he may have learned something tonight. I'm sure he wasn't happy with the way he handled the ball at the end.

I'm sorry. KM made a mistake. I thought he was passing it to the ref, but there was a lot of time left (4+ seconds). I can't imagine why the Duq player wouldn't try to score. His play doesn't bother me in the least. I'm upsed with KM for getting so careless and I suspect he may have learned something tonight. I'm sure he wasn't happy with the way he handled the ball at the end.

Somebody gets it.

I completely agree that this was not appropriate... and not sure why you are attacking billikens fans for having high integrity around how to play the game?

Hicks, you're a demagogue. You constantly pick on people about petty grammatical mistakes on an internet board. You sanctimoniously argue many of your points even when the other side of the argument is at the game and you aren't.

Your baseball analogy is ridiculous, because baseball doesn't have a clock. Games are never "over." See also: Roger Freed, circa 1980.

The Willie Reed analogy is also ridiculous. If Willie found himself "under the basket," then THE GAME HADN'T STOPPED BEING PLAYED. And certainly, no Billiken players HAD LEFT THE COURT. Did you see the Duquesne player walk into the backcourt from your vaunted TV perch?

Finally, you're the one who justified a deliberate attempt to injure Kwamain (again, when the game was decided) based on "competitiveness." Did you see the Mizzou-Baylor game? Did you see English get fouled at the end? Not even close to as egregious as the play on Kwamain, and it was called an intentional foul (as any hit from behind on a breakaway should be) -- and it very well could have affected the outcome of the game (as an intentional foul) if Mizzou could have finished.

"NEXT."