Question for student posters- X game

slu72

I know we still got UMass on the road in front of us, but what are the expectations for student turnout Wed night against X. Bigger than UD, or was that just because of Mardi Gras? I know we had a big and loud contingent against URI , but would think X, fellow Jebby school and their big time evil empire rep, would bring out even more students, more noise, more zanyness, more pictures, more of everything.

I'll put it this way. The Facebook event has 283 "confirmed" guests. Thats half of the people who confirmed their attendence for Dayton and almost as many as RI and there are still 1,500 people "awaiting reply".

and still 5 days until the game,...... and also it is admitted student night i believe....always good to put on a show for the future students, and hopefully get them involved.

There are a lot of students that are from Cincy, and a lot that went to St. Xavier high school. Last year, my roommate (an Ohioan) only went to the games vs. Ohio schools, and the "big" games (blue out and white out). Numbers isn't really as dependent on the opponent as far as student turnout as most people think, but this one will be noticeably helped. The one reason why I expect this game to be as crazy as blue out is because the team is on a roll. People who normally don't care are talking about the team, and all the professors in my department want to talk basketball when they see me outside class. Students will show up. I encourage everyone here to try to get those "hand-sitters" around them up and into it.

There are a lot of students that are from Cincy, and a lot that went to St. Xavier high school. Last year, my roommate (an Ohioan) only went to the games vs. Ohio schools, and the "big" games (blue out and white out). Numbers isn't really as dependent on the opponent as far as student turnout as most people think, but this one will be noticeably helped. The one reason why I expect this game to be as crazy as blue out is because the team is on a roll. People who normally don't care are talking about the team, and all the professors in my department want to talk basketball when they see me outside class. Students will show up. I encourage everyone here to try to get those "hand-sitters" around them up and into it.

the older alumni are starting to really get into the games. more people are standing and i'm yelling practically the whole game. i know they take the lead from the students.

Even my girlfriend asked me to get a ticket to the game... The woman selling senior tickets said in one day she sold about 120 of the available tickets so I am expecting a solid turnout AGAIN.

We should pick up some kegs before the game... Thoughts? Or will everyone go to the outback thing?

two things don't look past Umass and fat old guy's don't wear white therefore don't own anything white.

i will be wearing white. but i'm only 50 so not sure where that registers on the "old guy's" scale.

Even my girlfriend asked me to get a ticket to the game... The woman selling senior tickets said in one day she sold about 120 of the available tickets so I am expecting a solid turnout AGAIN.

We should pick up some kegs before the game... Thoughts? Or will everyone go to the outback thing?

I got 2 kegs.

Be there.

Also, my roommate from WASHU is stoked about the game...weird.

Win or lose, pennies is going to be bumping after the game, but I'm really hoping for a win to make it pure insanity at Hump's.

As for the overall topic of the thread, as mentioned, the casual sludent has been talking about the team a lot lately, so their interest has been piqued. It's amazing just what the few morsels of coverage ESPN gives us can do to this student body.

Win or lose, pennies is going to be bumping after the game, but I'm really hoping for a win to make it pure insanity at Hump's.

As for the overall topic of the thread, as mentioned, the casual sludent has been talking about the team a lot lately, so their interest has been piqued. It's amazing just what the few morsels of coverage ESPN gives us can do to this student body.

I'll agree don't look past UMass... we don't need anything to deflate us right now.

i will be wearing white. but i'm only 50 so not sure where that registers on the "old guy's" scale.

And I'm 21 and all jacked up on Mountain Dew!! I also like peanut butter and scrambled eggs, but not together, but I digress. I don't care if you're 80. If you've got a voicebox left, USE IT. If you have lost your voicebox to throat cancer, then use your electronic talking device! If you're completely mute, then GET A STICK AND HIT IT AGAINST ANOTHER STICK! Just show up Wednesday and go apeshit. Obnoxiousness should not be the exception. It should be the norm. You can make it the norm. See you Wednesday.

Sincerely,

-Runnin'Billiken

P. S., anyone not abiding can count on ME waiting for YOU in the PARKING LOT.

There are a lot of students that are from Cincy, and a lot that went to St. Xavier high school.

What is with St. Xavier high school in Cincy? My last roommate in DC went there, now someone in my Princeton class also went there. (I am sure this is of great interest to the forum, but that place pops up everywhere)

We're up to 435 people in one FB event, but there are THREE events (162 in one, 300 in another) for the game, so it's hard to tell exactly how many students are confirmed for going.

Blue Crew is also doing a "Campus-wide White Out" encouraging students to wear white on Wednesday. That event has over 300 people confirmed.

I think campus is going to be bumping on Wednesday, especially if we win tomorrow against UMass.

What is with St. Xavier high school in Cincy? My last roommate in DC went there, now someone in my Princeton class also went there. (I am sure this is of great interest to the forum, but that place pops up everywhere)

Don't look now, but I'm pretty sure that this forum's favorite Cincinnatite, he who is named for a tasteless mush and immortalized on the now-collector's-item Billikens.com shirts, went to that infamous Jesuit institution. :rolleyes: (Dare he now again show his Bearcat-kissing face on this page?)

Very large, all-male, top-class private Cincinnati high school with a nationally competitive football program. Needless to say, they get a lot of press. I have no problem with people being fans of other programs as long as they're in their Billiken blue when that program visits the Fetz.

My room mate for the sophomore and junior year at SLU also went to St X in Cincy :blink:

Also, I still wear my billiken.com shirt to many away games. Get a lot of strange looks and I wonder where a lot of those guys who are named on the back of the shirt are.