Willie not playing today

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a LOT of cars parked in the HSSU faculty lot on Laclede and the other private lot further east on Laclede. Our security was stopping cars from driving east on Laclede from Grand, so I have to think there was another event using that parking. (Did you see the stretch limo parked in front of the new HSSU building at Laclede and Compton?)

There was some kind of big event going on at HSSU and that was a major factor in the traffic and parking issues. Fortunately I had heard about it ahead of time and left extra early.

Amen! What is the deal with the frequent lack of any real police presence at these games? Very frustrating. I love St. Louis and I am a big advocate of downtown, but this city, whether by laziness or incompetence, repeatedly shoots itself (ourselves?) in the foot by creating frustrating experiences for people when they come into the city.

Also, does anyone know why the Harris Stowe lot right across from the arena was closed to pre-sold only parkers? Is that the new deal or was there an event at Harris Stowe? That did not help with the traffic today either.

Last year there were STL police stationed at Market and Compton at every game. Haven't seen any yet this year except for the one guy controling the stop lights after the game. Given the size of the intersection, it was nice to have them there to help ensure the overall safety of everyone coming from the Sigma Lot. Anyone here have influence to get them back?

Also...speaking of safety if they are going to charge $7 to park in the Sigma lot, would it be too much to ask to use a little of that money to clear the sidewaks of snow and ice? The walk tonight was treacherous at best.

8,000+ people coming into Midtown late on a Saturday afternoon, and there were NO ST LOUIS METROPOLITAN POLICE at Market and Compton. (I do wonder, however, whether the City sent out the Parking Nazis to ticket everyone who was parked illegally on the south side of Market.)

And the Mayor wonders why suburbanites get such a bad impression of the City.

We go East after the games and some games they only have one garage door open on the west side of Olive-they insist we turn left toward Grand it

had to kill the business for Good Pie, Pappy's etc

we have to hang two rignts to come East on Washington which is pretty dimly lit in the middle of the week. I don't see why these cops can't be at every

game and let us stay in the city instead of forcing everyone west on 40-64

The only time we have any traffic problems in the city is when all of you people come down to the Fox, Symphony, Cards, Rams, Blues, Bills, the circus, etc. you would think fewer people would go out when it is 8 degrees and snow and ice.

By the way when I lived in Michigan a lawyer told me if you shovel your walk and someone slips it could be negligence on your part but if you don't touch

it and someone chooses to walk on snow and ice it's like an act of God-do you thnik that is still true in Missouri and with separation of church and state?

Judging by Ricks post game quotes he was really happy with the way Willie was acting on the bench. Cheering his teamates on instead of sullking is a step in the right direction. We need Wille's head right to really do some damage this season and in the future.

Rick has some great post game quotes check them out on Nates site.

Amen! What is the deal with the frequent lack of any real police presence at these games? Very frustrating. I love St. Louis and I am a big advocate of downtown, but this city, whether by laziness or incompetence, repeatedly shoots itself (ourselves?) in the foot by creating frustrating experiences for people when they come into the city.

Also, does anyone know why the Harris Stowe lot right across from the arena was closed to pre-sold only parkers? Is that the new deal or was there an event at Harris Stowe? That did not help with the traffic today either.

They had some kind of a big Martin Luther King event I think I read somewhere.

We go East after the games and some games they only have one garage door open on the west side of Olive-they insist we turn left toward Grand it

we have to hang two rignts to come East on Washington which is pretty dimly lit in the middle of the week. I don't see why these cops can't be at every

The only time we have any traffic problems in the city is when all of you people come down to the Fox, Symphony, Cards, Rams, Blues, Bills, the circus, etc. you would think fewer people would go out when it is 8 degrees and snow and ice.

By the way when I lived in Michigan a lawyer told me if you shovel your walk and someone slips it could be negligence on your part but if you don't touch

it and someone chooses to walk on snow and ice it's like an act of God-do you thnik that is still true in Missouri and with separation of church and state?

Not true - we turned right out of the garage at the exit you talk about - you can not turn right on Compton from Olive.

That is true about the sidewalk but I am not sure if you are charging people to park and not cleaning the sidewalk to get out of the lot that you will be protected from liability. I would think that if you charge people they have a reasonable expectation that the area you control is safe - perhaps a legal mind could clarify.

Not true - we turned right out of the garage at the exit you talk about - you can not turn right on Compton from Olive.

I have a prepaid parking pass and yes last two games we could turn right by going out Eastern garage door you could go left or right but not at Western main entry even though there is plenty of room for two lanes they make you go left which is fine for Triumph or Chuy's, etc

but if you want to go to Tap room, Edmonds's, Union Station, J Buck's, Soulard, Tucker', Gast Haus on Chouteau,

or a half dozen choices in Lafayette Square. And some games there has been no cops at East Door or only one at West Double Exit.

In zero temp people are lined up to walk into first floor because so many people block the entry to walk up the stairs or take the elevator- we need a wider opening on both left and right to walk into first floor; I believe all of the

higher floor people exit out Compton-not either of the two Olive exits

I dont know if this has been posted and I really didnt want to go through 7 pages of comments so sorry if this has been posted before. I just heard on Franks show from Andy Strickland that WR and RM have had to be physically seperated from one another multiple times.

I dont know if this has been posted and I really didnt want to go through 7 pages of comments so sorry if this has been posted before. I just heard on Franks show from Andy Strickland that WR and RM have had to be physically seperated from one another multiple times.

Consider the source!!!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Well this just sounds great...good thing Willie is skin and bones or else Majerus might have tried to take a bite out of him.

Great. Latrell Sprewell is playing for the Bills now. How long will this last?