Willie not playing today

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried this may go to OT with our short bench and all the PFs. Good thing SLU locked it down and took care of Business.

Cody Ellis' debut is better than I expected. Against one of the best frontlines in the A10 he took care of business with only 5 practices. 10 pts 5 reb 2 ast 1 stl no Turn Overs. He showed that he can bang inside, move with the ball, hit the three, pass and hit FTs.

I was worried this may go to OT with our short bench and all the PFs. Good thing SLU locked it down and took care of Business.

Cody Ellis' debut is better than I expected. Against one of the best frontlines in the A10 he took care of business with only 5 practices. 10 pts 5 reb 2 ast 1 stl no Turn Overs. He showed that he can bang inside, move with the ball, hit the three, pass and hit FTs.

Passing was exceptional. I don't know about defensively, but offensively, he can play the 3, no question. We went w/ three big dudes for about a minute there in the first half, I think it was. Get excited Bills fans.

And WR, get your head out of your ass, I'm sure it was your fault. Get back out there and get a double double next game, big fella. Great games by KM and BC. CR had strong minutes, JS, everybody played well. Except JJ, but even he had his moments.

Good win, Bills.

Just got back from the game. Have to say thay Cody Ellis was quite impressive, especially considering that this was his first game. Glad to hear that WR is not injured, but not glad to hear that he is potentially in the coach's doghouse. Hopefully, this is just an example of a kid being a kid and just speaking before thinking (if that is indeed what occured.) I was worried that the crowd was going to be sparse (based on the amount there right before tipoff) but in the end Chaifetz was most of the way full and able to get loud quite a few times (a lot of it was directed at the refs, though.)

KM is a beast. Pure and simple. Whenever this team needs him to step up and take over, that is just what he does. The 3 pointer in the 2nd half with a guy in his face was just sick. He was also screwed out of 2 (possibly 3) points and an assist with the 2 bogus charging calls late in the game. Regardless, he played a helluva game and it became apparent to me tonight that KM is the most important player on this team right now.

BC was huge tonight, especially early. Without his low-post scoring to start the game, we probably wouldn't have been able to win tonight. He answered the challenge of WR not being in loudly. I am convinced that BC prefers to bang against bodies inside to do his scoring. He looks to prefer to get the pass near the low post, take a copuple dribbles and bang against his defender and then put up his shot. That seems to be his comfort zone.

I think we all have to agree that this was about the best we could expect from CE in his debut. What was more impressive is that he played 23 minutes and not once seemed winded. He moves fluidly out there, and seems very comfortable playing the 3. If he can play 23 minutes in his first game, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that he can be starting by the end of the year and regularly contributing. Earl Austin was really happy during the post-game show, stating that getting CE now was like a Matt Holliday acquisition!

Anyway, great victory tonight and I have become more optimistic for the rest of the conference schedule.

2 minutes to start and the place looks emtpy?

There was an accident on Grand, and traffic was really backed up. It took us forever to get past Forest Park, and we got there about a minute or two into the game. I think a lot of people were running late because of it, but the stands filled in nicely.

There was an accident on Grand, and traffic was really backed up. It took us forever to get past Forest Park, and we got there about a minute or two into the game. I think a lot of people were running late because of it, but the stands filled in nicely.

It took us about 25 minutes to get over the Compton bridge.

It took us about 25 minutes to get over the Compton bridge.

8,000+ people coming into Midtown late on a Saturday afternoon, and there were NO ST LOUIS METROPOLITAN POLICE at Market and Compton. (I do wonder, however, whether the City sent out the Parking Nazis to ticket everyone who was parked illegally on the south side of Market.)

And the Mayor wonders why suburbanites get such a bad impression of the City.

8,000+ people coming into Midtown late on a Saturday afternoon, and there were NO ST LOUIS METROPOLITAN POLICE at Market and Compton. (I do wonder, however, whether the City sent out the Parking Nazis to ticket everyone who was parked illegally on the south side of Market.)

And the Mayor wonders why suburbanites get such a bad impression of the City.

Amen! What is the deal with the frequent lack of any real police presence at these games? Very frustrating. I love St. Louis and I am a big advocate of downtown, but this city, whether by laziness or incompetence, repeatedly shoots itself (ourselves?) in the foot by creating frustrating experiences for people when they come into the city.

Also, does anyone know why the Harris Stowe lot right across from the arena was closed to pre-sold only parkers? Is that the new deal or was there an event at Harris Stowe? That did not help with the traffic today either.

Amen! What is the deal with the frequent lack of any real police presence at these games? Very frustrating. I love St. Louis and I am a big advocate of downtown, but this city, whether by laziness or incompetence, repeatedly shoots itself (ourselves?) in the foot by creating frustrating experiences for people when they come into the city.

Also, does anyone know why the Harris Stowe lot right across from the arena was closed to pre-sold only parkers? Is that the new deal or was there an event at Harris Stowe? That did not help with the traffic today either.

There were a LOT of cars parked in the HSSU faculty lot on Laclede and the other private lot further east on Laclede. Our security was stopping cars from driving east on Laclede from Grand, so I have to think there was another event using that parking. (Did you see the stretch limo parked in front of the new HSSU building at Laclede and Compton?)