WTF Mizzery

slu72

I never pay too much attention to that vocational school up North, but was surprised while watching the ESPN ribbon this AM that they played host to UMKC last night and kicked them to the curb. Ok, so the State's flagship school finally played an instate game against one of the State's D1 programs. Wow! UMKC? C'mon, Mizzery, show some cujones... put Mo. State and/or SLU on your schedule every year. We're not gonna hurt your supposed precious in state recruiting advantage that you never really had anyways, see Lee, Griffey, Hansborough boys, and Beals as examples. What's the downside, you'll have to hire more accountants to tally up the gate receipts? Shameful... and cowardly.

I never pay too much attention to that vocational school up North, but was surprised while watching the ESPN ribbon this AM that they played host to UMKC last night and kicked them to the curb. Ok, so the State's flagship school finally played an instate game against one of the State's D1 programs. Wow! UMKC? C'mon, Mizzery, show some cujones... put Mo. State and/or SLU on your schedule every year. We're not gonna hurt your supposed precious in state recruiting advantage that you never really had anyways, see Lee, Griffey, Hansborough boys, and Beals as examples. What's the downside, you'll have to hire more accountants to tally up the gate receipts? Shameful... and cowardly.

We really don't need another thread on this subject but Mizzou is not giving UMKC a home and home. I don't think anyone doubts that Mizzou would gladly play SLU or Missouri St. if we wanted to just go to Columbia for a single game.

We really don't need another thread on this subject but Mizzou is not giving UMKC a home and home. I don't think anyone doubts that Mizzou would gladly play SLU or Missouri St. if we wanted to just go to Columbia for a single game.

Well, it's a little slow outside, Shoe. Cane me then strike the thread, I don't want to be accused of wasting any of the board's valuable cyber space. Happy New Year!

Well, it's a little slow outside, Shoe. Cane me then strike the thread, I don't want to be accused of wasting any of the board's valuable cyber space. Happy New Year!

I think the point was that this was not a home and home so why be surprised or start up another thread that we all know how it will end. You want to post this then fine but at least be willing to accept when someone responds with a "not this again" post and points out a key element that makes the post not very relevant. All you had to say was - OK my bad I missed that point. Sorry you are having a slow day.

-72, if you are looking for internet or other interests, might i suggest a search for video from last night's whitney young-foreman game to watch mccall, that will brighten the day of any Billiken fan

I think steve should start a secondary board for the "we have mizzou" and "let's join the Valley" threads. ;)

I think steve should start a secondary board for the "we have mizzou" and "let's join the Valley" threads. ;)

Actually a great idea. It would keep a lot of trolls off of here, as those are the two topics they seem to gravitate to. Both of those groups really seem to care what SLU fans think of them and they seem desperate for our approval.

Actually a great idea. It would keep a lot of trolls off of here, as those are the two topics they seem to gravitate to. Both of those groups really seem to care what SLU fans think of them and they seem desperate for our approval.

Sorry, I had a typo in my post. I meant it to read "we hate mizzou". The secondary board could cover what I've already mentioned plus things like "we should be playing mizzou" and "I think this poster is really a mizzou fan". Let's call it the mizzou/mvc board!

Sorry, I had a typo in my post. I meant it to read "we hate mizzou". The secondary board could cover what I've already mentioned plus things like "we should be playing mizzou" and "I think this poster is really a mizzou fan". Let's call it the mizzou/mvc board!

Why not call it, the "we get humiliated by Navy" board. Our Mizzou visitors would love it. Ha!

Why not call it, the "we get humiliated by Navy" board. Our Mizzou visitors would love it. Ha!

I'm glad the idea is gaining steam. Insecure mizzou/mvc/slu fans could go to the other board and carry out pointless b.s. and the rest of us could focus on Billiken sports here.

No more...

"the valley would bring us regional rivals"

"nobody cares about rgeional rivals"

"Carbondale is our biggest rival"

"no, Dayton is our biggest rival"

"why doesn't mizzou play us"

"I don't want to play mizzou"

"this guy only has xxx posts, I wonder if he's metz or a mizzou fan"

"our conference rpi has been better for x of the past x years"

What a wonderful world it would be!

Hopefully SLU does better in their bowl game.

Gee that is a real zinger. Perhaps it would have more relevance if we had a football team. You have to admit the team was very poorly prepared for Navy - I wonder how the alums feel about Pinkel now - my question is has he "Peter Principled" out? - I hope not since I do follow their football program - but it makes you wonder about him a least just a little,

Gee that is a real zinger. Perhaps it would have more relevance if we had a football team. You have to admit the team was very poorly prepared for Navy - I wonder how the alums feel about Pinkel now - my question is has he "Peter Principled" out? - I hope not since I do follow their football program - but it makes you wonder about him a least just a little,

That's the point.

And it's just one game (albeit a miserable one to watch). Pinkel's got nothing to worry about. 8-5 in a "rebuilding" year isn't too shabby, and next year Mizzou is primed to be one of the favorites for the north again. People have knocked Pinkel's in-game coaching forever, but for some reason he never gets any credit when they win (which they've done quite a bit over the last 4 years). The problem in this game was our "read and react" defense. Can't do that against a triple option team. Oh well.

Typical SLU fans talking smack about sports they don't even have. It'd be like me making fun of SLU's men's soccer team whenever they lose in the NCAA tournament.

It's a SLU board so why would you care what is said on here about Missouri. Go to Mizzou's board for sympathy, pal. Looks like you have been saving up for that post for about 4 1/2 years and it was a helluva post.

Hopefully SLU does better in their bowl game.

SLU football is undefeated in my lifetime. I'm not sure how far back their undefeated streak goes.

*At Rockhurst they had shirts in the bookstore that said "Rockhurst football undefeated since 1932" (which is when they stopped having football). I always thought the shirts were kind of lame, but it works for SLU in this situation as a comeback to this jab.

Typical SLU fans talking smack about sports they don't even have. It'd be like me making fun of SLU's men's soccer team whenever they lose in the NCAA tournament.

This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic - a Mizzou fan trolling another school's board to pick fights after his team was just throttled in a bowl game. Wow! Nice life.

That's the point.

And it's just one game (albeit a miserable one to watch). Pinkel's got nothing to worry about. 8-5 in a "rebuilding" year isn't too shabby, and next year Mizzou is primed to be one of the favorites for the north again. People have knocked Pinkel's in-game coaching forever, but for some reason he never gets any credit when they win (which they've done quite a bit over the last 4 years). The problem in this game was our "read and react" defense. Can't do that against a triple option team. Oh well.

Just because you have an irrelevant point does not make a witty comment. I guess I could say something about your Woman's field hockey D1 program but then again I am not sure you have one so what would be the point - get it. As far Pinkel goes, his defenses at MU have at best been OK - it has never been good enough to bail them out just bad enough to keep the offense in the hole if they are not having a stellar game. I know Pinkel is not in any jeopardy to be fired but this is a trend with him so you have to start wondering at least to yourself. Clearly you can not use a read and react approach to the Navy offense - that is my point - they were poorly prepared for this game - good coaches would have known another more effective strategy.

Just because you have an irrelevant point does not make a witty comment. I guess I could say something about your Woman's field hockey D1 program but then again I am not sure you have one so what would be the point - get it. As far Pinkel goes, his defenses at MU have at best been OK - it has never been good enough to bail them out just bad enough to keep the offense in the hole if they are not having a stellar game. I know Pinkel is not in any jeopardy to be fired but this is a trend with him so you have to start wondering at least to yourself. Clearly you can not use a read and react approach to the Navy offense - that is my point - they were poorly prepared for this game - good coaches would have known another more effective strategy.

Wow! See my point. Somebody on here takes a shot a mizzou and now we get a whole thread about mizzou football. There are a handful of people who keep indulging this nonsense. Let it go!!!!! How about some SLU basketball threads?