Earl on Basketball

slulaw09

So do we link to his blog because of who he is? No offense, but from a grammatical standpoint, his blog is gibberish. I understand a blog is informal writing at its best, but his stories are anything but parallel and he can't make a complete thought. And yes, I would tell him this to his face.

So do we link to his blog because of who he is? No offense, but from a grammatical standpoint, his blog is gibberish. I understand a blog is informal writing at its best, but his stories are anything but parallel and he can't make a complete thought. And yes, I would tell him this to his face.

I don't know about everyone else but, I enjoy his take on basketball. If we didn't have the link he would be on my favorites.

Of course we should link to his blog. He writes about the Billikens as frequently as any one in town. We need all the press we can get. His game forecasts are excellent and more thorough than you find anywhere else. You don't think it should be linked because you don't like his blog writing style? Just on content alone he should be linked.

I don't know about everyone else but, I enjoy his take on basketball. If we didn't have the link he would be on my favorites.

Of course we should link to his blog. He writes about the Billikens as frequently as any one in town. We need all the press we can get. His game forecasts are excellent and more thorough than you find anywhere else. You don't think it should be linked because you don't like his blog writing style? Just on content alone he should be linked.

Totally agree with these posts. The original poster is dead wrong. Who cares if Earl does not always use proper grammar or misspells something (Timmerman's blog also has these). His game previews and recaps are the best IMO.

This seems like a topic that was started just to rile people up on the message board. Earl's blog, while sometimes showing spelling errors and grammatical mistakes, is an excellent read for anyone interested in local basketball. Like others have said, it is a blog and should not be held up to normal journalistic standards.

This seems like a topic that was started just to rile people up on the message board. Earl's blog, while sometimes showing spelling errors and grammatical mistakes, is an excellent read for anyone interested in local basketball. Like others have said, it is a blog and should not be held up to normal journalistic standards.

...then why would we link it to the board? It shouldn't be held up to normal journalistic standards because it is not journalism. It is just someone rambling.

Yet, he is still more coherent than you.

I've read Earl's books and his articles all the time. It's obvious to me that he writes the blog to have fun and keep Billiken fans informed with his takes on the game.

He's got a pretty keen insight on what he thinks might happen in the game. Before the Belmont game, he thought it was Brian Conklin's night to step up and have a big night. I don't know why he singled out Brian, but BC ended up with 13 points and nine rebounds.

In his pre-game post for the MSU game, he thought we might go to some kind of junk defense, so I watched the game and looked for it. In the first half, we went to a box-and-one on Leonard and we got ourselves back into the game. I immediately thought of his pre-game report. That's why I read it. Every game he provides a few nuggets of info of what to look for and it usually comes to pass.

slulaw, if you say you cannot follow it, it's obvious that you know very little about basketball because his reports provide a lot of valuable insight on the game itself. I also like his reports on the high school kids and all of the other athletes in st. louis who are playing around the country.

We know you read the blog all the time and your just coming on here to flame. That's what classless buffoons do on these message boards. The fact that you are taking cheap shots at the local African-American paper tells me a lot about your attitudes. Maybe you should change you moniker to slulimbaugh09. That seems to fit you nicely.

sorry to the rest of the posters on this board, but when someone comes on here acting like a total ass and has nothing to offer to billikens.com except some lame, punk-ass flaming, he's going to get called out.

bad boyz for life

I've read Earl's books and his articles all the time. It's obvious to me that he writes the blog to have fun and keep Billiken fans informed with his takes on the game.

He's got a pretty keen insight on what he thinks might happen in the game. Before the Belmont game, he thought it was Brian Conklin's night to step up and have a big night. I don't know why he singled out Brian, but BC ended up with 13 points and nine rebounds.

In his pre-game post for the MSU game, he thought we might go to some kind of junk defense, so I watched the game and looked for it. In the first half, we went to a box-and-one on Leonard and we got ourselves back into the game. I immediately thought of his pre-game report. That's why I read it. Every game he provides a few nuggets of info of what to look for and it usually comes to pass.

slulaw, if you say you cannot follow it, it's obvious that you know very little about basketball because his reports provide a lot of valuable insight on the game itself. I also like his reports on the high school kids and all of the other athletes in st. louis who are playing around the country.

We know you read the blog all the time and your just coming on here to flame. That's what classless buffoons do on these message boards. The fact that you are taking cheap shots at the local African-American paper tells me a lot about your attitudes. Maybe you should change you moniker to slulimbaugh09. That seems to fit you nicely.

sorry to the rest of the posters on this board, but when someone comes on here acting like a total ass and has nothing to offer to billikens.com except some lame, punk-ass flaming, he's going to get called out.

bad boyz for life

Agree with everything pdiddy, except did race have to make an appearance?

Agree with everything pdiddy, except did race have to make an appearance?

As I said, I'm sorry if I offended anyone on the board. But I read a lot of blogs and there are always mistakes. I think it's because of the informal nature. Nobody is trying to win a Pulitzer Prize or anything. I read lots of newspapers that have mistakes. I just found it interesting that the clown in question found the need to slam an African-American paper that has won a slew of journalism awards over the years. Even when I moved from St. Louis and lived in other parts of the country, I always managed to read it, either by subscription or on line. That's all.

I'm through with this subject now and I've said my peace on it. Unless someone returns with a weak rebuttal, which I'm sure will come.

Now, it's back to Billiken basketball.

As I said, I'm sorry if I offended anyone on the board. But I read a lot of blogs and there are always mistakes. I think it's because of the informal nature. Nobody is trying to win a Pulitzer Prize or anything. I read lots of newspapers that have mistakes. I just found it interesting that the clown in question found the need to slam an African-American paper that has won a slew of journalism awards over the years. Even when I moved from St. Louis and lived in other parts of the country, I always managed to read it, either by subscription or on line. That's all.

I'm through with this subject now and I've said my peace on it. Unless someone returns with a weak rebuttal, which I'm sure will come.

Now, it's back to Billiken basketball.

You have nothing to apologize about. Call it like you see it and let the chips fall where they may. That's honesty.