Questions to ponder

Maybe I am too much caught up in the glow right now, but while thinking about the team I see the three sophomores as the flash the heart and the soul of the team. I would call Willie the flash....certainly the one your eyes go to as the one who has made such a big transformation into a big time player. Kwamain is the heart of the team, the one who makes it go, most plays flow through his hands. But the soul of the team, IMHO is Conklin. He typifies the hard nosed player we have lacked for years. Man, I bet no one wants to try to play next to him from the other team! Broken teeth, elbows flying, bodies rolling...this guy is a monster out there.

Why was Mike not leading the band in the second half?

Was last nite's game not the most intense game we have played this year? I thought both teams played incredibly hard, and the loser must have felt very bad. This is a game we would have lost in years past.

Loved seeing RM and the opposing coach both out on the floor, pointing and yelling at each other and at the refs. Intense.

Loved it.

Bear the Bears...most important non=conference game of the year.

mhg

Maybe I am too much caught up in the glow right now, but while thinking about the team I see the three sophomores as the flash the heart and the soul of the team. I would call Willie the flash....certainly the one your eyes go to as the one who has made such a big transformation into a big time player. Kwamain is the heart of the team, the one who makes it go, most plays flow through his hands. But the soul of the team, IMHO is Conklin. He typifies the hard nosed player we have lacked for years. Man, I bet no one wants to try to play next to him from the other team! Broken teeth, elbows flying, bodies rolling...this guy is a monster out there.

Why was Mike not leading the band in the second half?

Was last nite's game not the most intense game we have played this year? I thought both teams played incredibly hard, and the loser must have felt very bad. This is a game we would have lost in years past.

Loved seeing RM and the opposing coach both out on the floor, pointing and yelling at each other and at the refs. Intense.

Loved it.

Bear the Bears...most important non=conference game of the year.

mhg

In many ways I think Kwamain is the flash, heart , and soul.

hard to believe that a head coach is unaware that the scorer's table has nothing to do with starting the clock. college basketball went high tech a few year back and the ref's whistles stop the clock and a remote button the ref's wear on their belts starts the clock.

hard to believe that a head coach is unaware that the scorer's table has nothing to do with starting the clock. college basketball went high tech a few year back and the ref's whistles stop the clock and a remote button the ref's wear on their belts starts the clock.

What? Where do you get that from?

-i find it hard to believe also, so i wonder if the clock starting was the real issue

cowboy i had a friend that was sitting in the front row right behind the scorers table tell me the same story after the game. said at the 5.7 seconds left point when the billikens inbounded the ball, and were immediately fouled, rickma went off on the scorer and the scorer tried to explain the refs start the clock and rickma just gave another verbal blast and walked away shaking his head.

cowboy i had a friend that was sitting in the front row right behind the scorers table tell me the same story after the game. said at the 5.7 seconds left point when the billikens inbounded the ball, and were immediately fouled, rickma went off on the scorer and the scorer tried to explain the refs start the clock and rickma just gave another verbal blast and walked away shaking his head.

-so the refs have total and absolute control over starting and stopping the clock? i thought the table was a backup

Roy, thanks for the second hand information bashing RM. Please make sure you report anything positive RM does. in the unlikely chance that ever happens.

Roy, thanks for the second hand information bashing RM. Please make sure you report anything positive RM does. in the unlikely chance that ever happens.

I hardly think that's "bashing" Rick. First, he was correct -- there's no way that play occurs without at least .1 going off the clock. (Have to pull out the old rulebook again -- it's possible they changed fouling before the clock starts to keep time from running off is now an intentional or technical.) Plus I believe the scorer's table has the right to call the refs over when they believe a clock error has occured.

I would have been pi$$ed, too, and in fact, any number of the fans around us noticed the error.

will do.