GDT: SLU v. Rockhurst

I thought it was a disappointing effort from the Bills especially on defense.

Luckily Rockhurst is a bad D-2 team. A good one would win tonight.

Our free throw shooting is some of the worst I've seen as a team. Not a single player can consistently make them.

Willie with another dominant game. He and Conklin need to get more touches. Our big men were the best players out there. None of the guards had good games, Kwamain was wildly inconsistent. Is Cassity even on the team anymore?

Reid showed off a nice Billiken Blue argyle sweater.

Where was Harrimann? Only Moser, Jensen, and Young on the bench.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a disappointing effort from the Bills especially on defense.

Luckily Rockhurst is a bad D-2 team. A good one would win tonight.

Our free throw shooting is some of the worst I've seen as a team. Not a single player can consistently make them.

Willie with another dominant game. He and Conklin need to get more touches. Our big men were the best players out there. None of the guards had good games, Kwamain was wildly inconsistent. Is Cassity even on the team anymore?

Reid showed off a nice Billiken Blue argyle sweater.

Where was Harrimann? Only Moser, Jensen, and Young on the bench.

That was the WORST game of Cassity's college career.

Also, what the hell has happened to our guards? They have all been terrible recently.

FJ - 75%

CS - 83%

Season thus far

Fairly consisent i thought

FJ 2-4 tonight.

CS 3-4 tonight

Between the two of them they shoot 2 FTs a game. Not good enough. If 5-8 is the best we can put out there then we are only consistently bad.

FJ 2-4 tonight.

CS 3-4 tonight

Between the two of them they shoot 2 FTs a game. Not good enough. If 5-8 is the best we can put out there then we are only consistently bad.

Torch your original statement , NO player can hit free throws consistently,

I agree as a team we dont hit them consistently but we have 2 that are shooting FT`s 75 or above

I think it's safe to say now after a number of games we have played: we play up to or down to our opponent. We can play a team like ND to 10 points keeping it close the entire game or beat a D-2 team by a slim margin. That's mainly because our youth and inexperience. In time that will go away. But that is where we are right now.

You're probably right. Hard for the players to get all the excited about playing a team like Rockhurst.

As to the students, another really good day attendance and spirit-wise. Good job guys - and keep coming.

As to us regular fans, not that bad attendance either when you consider this was a Saturday night - 2 weeks prior to Christmas - and with all the office/friends Christmas parties going on. Now, don't get me wrong, if we had played Indiana State or Drake from the greatest and most geographically located conference known to man, it would have been a sellout!! Good grief.:rolleyes:

That was the WORST game of Cassity's college career.

Also, what the hell has happened to our guards? They have all been terrible recently.

the worst game of Cassity's career (so far) was the UGA game in Athens. For some reason I DVR'd the game and kept going back and watching how timid he is when he has the ball during road games.

-at the risk of bringing up an unpopular topic, did anyone see a resemblance between rockhurst #12 and a former local player?

If you want to make it an even larger comparison and even more unpopular, #12 Aaron Hill is from Canton, MO (just north of Hannibal) which is somewhat local and obviously he values a good Jesuit education (ended up at Rockhurst). Therefore, SLU could have gotten him, but passed him up (probably God didn't want Sodie to bring him in :rolleyes: JUST KIDDING).

That being said, I don't think Hill is anywhere near the former player you are referring to talent wise. He is in his 6th year at Rockhurst, so this is about as good as he gets. Scoring 20 ppg in the GLVC is a long way from a cup of coffee in the NBA.

For the this game felt like both SLU and the refs just wanted to get the game over as quickly was possible. I counted quite a few no calls when Rockhurst players could have been called for the old "Kansas City shuffle."

Also I know Rockhurst does not have an acting program and Jake Meyer is an accounting major who does not participate in theater at Rockhurst, but he deserves an academy award for those 1st 2 fouls he drew on Conklin. I know Conklin is a big dude, but Meyer was feigning like he was thrown across the gym any time BC touched him.

I think RickMa used this game as more of a scrimmage type game to keep everyone fresh during finals week. He used the bench earlier and more often than any other game. Jon Smith and Cory Remekun saw way more minutes than they are used to. I think probably with all the different lineups out there the Bills never really got a good rhythm going. When the game got close Rick would put in Willie Reed and he would just take over or Kwamain would drive for a bucket. I'm hopeful that our performance in this game shows almost nothing about how well this team is capable of playing.

If we play any more games this season with that many second half possessions without a touch by a forward inside the arc i'm going to go insane.

Hilarious moment of the night:

Rockhurst player gets ready to shoot free throws. Willie lined up in the closest spot to the students. RU making it a game in the middle of the second half

Billikenfan05: Willie!! Dunk the ball!! Jam it down their throats!!!

Willie looks at him, rolls his eyes, with a half shrug, as if to say: "What the f*** can I do if they won't let me touch the ball? This s*** is retarded."

If we play any more games this season with that many second half possessions without a touch by a forward inside the arc i'm going to go insane.

Hilarious moment of the night:

Rockhurst player gets ready to shoot free throws. Willie lined up in the closest spot to the students. RU making it a game in the middle of the second half

Billikenfan05: Willie!! Dunk the ball!! Jam it down their throats!!!

Willie looks at him, rolls his eyes, with a half shrug, as if to say: "What the f*** can I do if they won't let me touch the ball? This s*** is retarded."

In context: I was yelling to him, not at him. If that makes sense.

Oh well, they're not going to play their best every time. Before the game I thought Willie might have a better game than 16/13 against those guys. They were tiny. Surprised Smith only played 7 minutes, it seemed like longer because he was very productive out there. Good to see Jeff Reid back on the bench too.

-this seems to be more than a passing fancy about conklin getting into early foul trouble, we can't make ft's and if anyone traps us we just about crap our pants

-we need to correct those in failry short order, i would think

-guys, good luck with finals, wishing you all success