Majerus

b.hayes

funny thing is, I just went by there -- a group of 30-40 rowdy dudes, all holding signs and chanting "don't fire Rick! DON'T FIRE RICK!!!"

they did not appear to be drunk, but you never know.

I quizzed them on their sources, and they informed me that "it's a huge rumor all over campus." They all told me this with straight faces. I did not smell any liquor but then again I only spoke to the ringleaders.

Anyone know any scuttlebutt? or where, or why, such a hoax might be getting started??

(I told them it was probably a hoax, and I assume it is).

funny thing is, I just went by there -- a group of 30-40 rowdy dudes, all holding signs and chanting "don't fire Rick! DON'T FIRE RICK!!!"

I quizzed them on their sources, and they informed me that "it's a huge rumor all over campus." They all told me this with straight faces. I did not smell any liquor but then again I only spoke to the ringleaders.

Anyone know any scuttlebutt? or where, or why, such a hoax might be getting started??

I dont know what shocks me more, that people would actually believe this rumor or that there is 40 students that actually care about the basketball program...

hahahaha. I would guess that it is the same fraternity that protested "tearing down the clock tower" my freshman year. Obviously, the maintenance crew was just turning off the fountains for the winter, but they were told to run home and make signs for a makeshift protest. I think that it is hilarious...

hahahaha. I would guess that it is the same fraternity that protested "tearing down the clock tower" my freshman year. Obviously, the maintenance crew was just turning off the fountains for the winter, but they were told to run home and make signs for a makeshift protest. I think that it is hilarious...

That would have been my Phi Kappa Theta pledge brothers and I...

We also did the "Single Ply Doesn't Fly" campaign in 2002 to get Gries to switch to 2-ply toilet paper...

That would have been my Phi Kappa Theta pledge brothers and I...

We also did the "Single Ply Doesn't Fly" campaign in 2002 to get Gries to switch to 2-ply toilet paper...

That was not Phi Kappa Theta it was another fraternity. Big Bills basketball supporters and avid Majerus supporters. However, it was awesome and I'm thinking we need to rally them for a big "Bring Ellis Home" rally on grand, take pictures and video and then send it to the NCAA clearinghouse. Maybe make a video and put sappy music behind it with pictures of ellis, and slu students weeping or something. I don't see how Ellis could not be on campus within a week after receiving that video. I mean they got Majerus to keep his job, I figure they must be able to get Ellis on campus. Why stop there lets go after Brad Beal with a street rally while were at it.

That was not Phi Kappa Theta it was another fraternity. Big Bills basketball supporters and avid Majerus supporters. However, it was awesome and I'm thinking we need to rally them for a big "Bring Ellis Home" rally on grand, take pictures and video and then send it to the NCAA clearinghouse. Maybe make a video and put sappy music behind it with pictures of ellis, and slu students weeping or something. I don't see how Ellis could not be on campus within a week after receiving that video. I mean they got Majerus to keep his job, I figure they must be able to get Ellis on campus. Why stop there lets go after Brad Beal with a street rally while were at it.

I would definitely support a Bring Ellis Home rally. Need any donations?

Ok, well I was there, so it couldn't have been the Phi Kaps. No, you're right.

By the way, do the Eppers still haze? I mean, all you have to do is tell them you want to be in the frat and you're in, right?

I think you are misunderstanding him. I believe he was saying that the people there today were not members of your frat. They were another frat, evidently Sig Ep.

Crazy kids. I like the enthusiasm!

Supposedly some freshman heard a rumor that he was fired and started a small protest on campus

What exactly was the rumor? Was there any reasoning behind his alleged firing?

While this whole situation is pretty hilarious, I'm glad to see that there is a decently large group of students who care enough about bball that they would protest.

What exactly was the rumor? Was there any reasoning behind his alleged firing?

While this whole situation is pretty hilarious, I'm glad to see that there is a decently large group of students who care enough about bball that they would protest.

Yeah, good question. I don't like "where there's smoke, there's usually fire" type stories. Look at Tiger's situation, a puff of smoke at home and now it's a raging out of control forest fire.

Yeah, good question. I don't like "where there's smoke, there's usually fire" type stories. Look at Tiger's situation, a puff of smoke at home and now it's a raging out of control forest fire.

I am pretty close to the group and good friends with Chris May and I would suggest that this whole thing is ridiculous.