Mike McCall

Bill_Ken R

-to the anti-ricks, don't read TT's post about McCall

why would you say that? there is nothing in the blog post that indicates anything but good about the young man. your mistaken assumption must be that those not enthralled with rickma want the billikens to fail. imo nothing could be more wrong. many true fans just want what's best for the program and the billikens and dont think rickma is the end all make or break of the billikens. personally, i am thrilled we have such a great prospect coming to town. sounds like moser did another great job of getting his mark.

why would you say that? there is nothing in the blog post that indicates anything but good about the young man. your mistaken assumption must be that those not enthralled with rickma want the billikens to fail. imo nothing could be more wrong. many true fans just want what's best for the program and the billikens and dont think rickma is the end all make or break of the billikens. personally, i am thrilled we have such a great prospect coming to town. sounds like moser did another great job of getting his mark.

Is that why Harv and Roy Schmidt from Bullseye gave so much credit to Majerus in particular in McCall's recruitment? Giving credit to Majerus as a master of the home visit, and having McCall locked up on Sept 17 on that in home visit.

Btw who hired Moser? And, I'd hope a Chicagoland native and Benet Academy grad would be able to recruit in Chicago and the Chicagoland area.

"True" fans.

-i am glad you feel that way about what TT wrote, there is a subject in the post that the anit-rick's normally would have mentioned so i am glad you didn't

-how about we just let that slide, enjoy the nice day and anticipate a Billiken win tomorrow?

-good to have the two new kids aboard, welcome and we look fwd to watching your success

-to the anti-ricks, don't read TT's post about McCall

A couple of points if you want to join the glass is half empty team;

From TT's blog, I guess Big Rick will never be able to talk about any current player/recruit w/o some reference to A. Miller and/or the glory days at Utah;

Also from TT's blog AND the official release, you can surmise that someone on the present team (not PE) will be "encouraged" to find a program better suited to his talents. In the release, RM talks about an upgrade in talent---if I'm one of the present "talents" I'd worry about a request to report to the HC's office and bring my playbook. In TT's blog he reports that we are still recruiting a big man (in addition to CE) for next year. Let's all count up to 13 together now, KM, BC, KC, WR, FJ, JJ, JR, CR, JS, CS, CE plus our two new recruits and guess what, we are at 13 w/o counting Dr. PE. If we are looking to add a big man then that takes us to 14, SOOOOOOOO someone has to go!

A couple of points if you want to join the glass is half empty team;

From TT's blog, I guess Big Rick will never be able to talk about any current player/recruit w/o some reference to A. Miller and/or the glory days at Utah;

Also from TT's blog AND the official release, you can surmise that someone on the present team (not PE) will be "encouraged" to find a program better suited to his talents. In the release, RM talks about an upgrade in talent---if I'm one of the present "talents" I'd worry about a request to report to the HC's office and bring my playbook. In TT's blog he reports that we are still recruiting a big man (in addition to CE) for next year. Let's all count up to 13 together now, KM, BC, KC, WR, FJ, JJ, JR, CR, JS, CS, CE plus our two new recruits and guess what, we are at 13 w/o counting Dr. PE. If we are looking to add a big man then that takes us to 14, SOOOOOOOO someone has to go!

I would much rather have this type of problem instead of the old one of scraping the bottom of the barrel and still ending up with unused scholarships. :lol:

I would much rather have this type of problem instead of the old one of scraping the bottom of the barrel and still ending up with unused scholarships. :lol:

Good point. It certainly should cause practices to be VERY competitive.

One other point, I didn't realize that McCall was the jewel of the Chicago pair. I just assumed that the first player to commit, Evans, was the one we really wanted and that McCall was just along for the ride with his good buddy. Sounds like he should really help next year as we fight our way into the tourney.

Agree completely. Majerus is smart to be prepared and to continue to recruit a big in the event somebody leaves or Ellis never arrives. I would be surprised if we sign one now in the fall and go over the 14 limit. He may just be preparing to be ready in the spring should the need arrive to fill a scholarship. I don't ever recall one of our teams having all 13 scholarship for next year already spoken for in the fall! These latest additions are exciting. Let's get Ellis in here and let the competition for playing time begin!

Agree completely. Majerus is smart to be prepared and to continue to recruit a big in the event somebody leaves or Ellis never arrives. I would be surprised if we sign one now in the fall and go over the 14 limit. He may just be preparing to be ready in the spring should the need arrive to fill a scholarship. I don't ever recall one of our teams having all 13 scholarship for next year already spoken for in the fall! These latest additions are exciting. Let's get Ellis in here and let the competition for playing time begin!

Please correct me if I am wrong but can't we have one of the current freshman sit out his sophomore year as a redshirt -medical or not and still have three years of his own to compete? This would in effect let us recruit one more or even two if we had kids that are just too skinny to compete.

Please correct me if I am wrong but can't we have one of the current freshman sit out his sophomore year as a redshirt -medical or not and still have three years of his own to compete? This would in effect let us recruit one more or even two if we had kids that are just too skinny to compete.

Just because a player redshirts doesn't mean his scholarship doesn't count towards the limit of 13.

Guest BillikenReport

Yes, someone who does not redshirt as a freshman can redshirt later on. That might happen with somebody on this team.

But like thicks mentioned the scholarship still counts toward the team limit.

If this entire team returns, including Ellis, and they add McCall and Evans, they will have a good group next year. They don't necessarily need to add another post player because I really believe both Smith and Remekun will improve considerably in the next calendar year.

If Conklin, Reed, Ellis, Smith and Remekun are the Billikens' five post players, along with Evans being a guy who could play as an undersized power forward at times, that has the potential to be a very strong group with different strengths and weaknesses. Conklin and Reed will return after being starts for two years and Smith and Remekun should both return bigger and stronger and more confident.