Report on the meet and greet last night-(10/28)

bauman

its not up to us. it is up to those schools, who apparently didn't promise suggs, griffey, or allen that they would come back to st. louis for a game. if they did, we'd play them. just like when robertson went to KU and we got to play KU.

fine, go play washington because of suggs. or go schedule illinois because of griffey. or get minnesota because of allen, etc.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dec 17th is an interesting date. I wonder if CE is actually taking (or re-taking) a course this semester in Australia to meet some Clearing House requirement

After the event I asked Coach about Cody.

Me: "Coach, let's say that Cody got here next week. Would he be able to start classes-"

Coach (interrupting): "He's not getting here next week. We hope he'll be here by December 17th."

Me: "So he can't start playing until the second semester starts?"

Coach: "That's right."

Second time I've met him, he was very friendly again. I'm not mad that he interrupted my question though. He thanked me for asking him that and thanked me for being a great fan, since most of the fans don't follow recruiting or follow the saga with Cody.

for the life of me i dont get this "pass" considering our considerably better scheduling under our previous head coaches the last 25 years.

but i'll agree not to talk about it if you agree not to bring up the lame excuse.

You, once again, have your blinders on. We have never played a great schedule out of conference, or even a "considerably better" one. I checked the Sagarin rankings for the past ten years, which are easily accessible on line. Posted below is our final ranking, record, and the last column is strength of schedule ranking. Ever since we've been in the A-10, our SOS ranking has hovered around 100, a little worse last year than in years prior. Before then, it was better but not because of the out of conference scheduling - rather, because we were in a considerably better conference.

2008-09

125 Saint Louis = 74.20 17 14 73.30( 134)

2007-08 (Majerus’ first year)

129 Saint Louis = 75.25 15 15 75.73( 94)

2006-07 (Soderberg's last year)

88 Saint Louis = 77.57 19 13 75.09( 99)

2005-2006 (first year in A-10)

108 Saint Louis = 77.24 16 13 75.52( 91)

2004-05

175 Saint Louis = 72.26 9 21 77.32( 67)

2003-04

70 Saint Louis * = 80.24 19 13 77.14( 75)

2002-03 (Soderberg’s first year)

76 Saint Louis * = 79.45 16 14 78.68( 47)

2001-2002 (Romar’s last year)

90 Saint Louis = 77.41 15 16 77.32( 66)

2000-2001

74 Saint Louis = 79.49 17 14 76.51( 68)

1999-2000 (Romar’s first year)

54 Saint Louis = 81.31 19 14 79.11( 26)

1998-1999 (Spoon’s last year)

82 Saint Louis = 78.93 15 16 78.21( 48)

Dec 17th is an interesting date. I wonder if CE is actually taking (or re-taking) a course this semester in Australia to meet some Clearing House requirement

Dec. 17 is the day after the end of first semester, so if he gets cleared that would be the official beginning of second semester.

As I've posted previously, I don't know what they are, but I've been told, by people who know, that there is more than one english class at issue.

You, once again, have your blinders on. We have never played a great schedule out of conference, or even a "considerably better" one. I checked the Sagarin rankings for the past ten years, which are easily accessible on line. Posted below is our final ranking, record, and the last column is strength of schedule ranking. Ever since we've been in the A-10, our SOS ranking has hovered around 100, a little worse last year than in years prior. Before then, it was better but not because of the out of conference scheduling - rather, because we were in a considerably better conference.

2008-09

125 Saint Louis = 74.20 17 14 73.30( 134)

2007-08 (Majerus’ first year)

129 Saint Louis = 75.25 15 15 75.73( 94)

2006-07 (Soderberg's last year)

88 Saint Louis = 77.57 19 13 75.09( 99)

2005-2006 (first year in A-10)

108 Saint Louis = 77.24 16 13 75.52( 91)

2004-05

175 Saint Louis = 72.26 9 21 77.32( 67)

2003-04

70 Saint Louis * = 80.24 19 13 77.14( 75)

2002-03 (Soderberg’s first year)

76 Saint Louis * = 79.45 16 14 78.68( 47)

2001-2002 (Romar’s last year)

90 Saint Louis = 77.41 15 16 77.32( 66)

2000-2001

74 Saint Louis = 79.49 17 14 76.51( 68)

1999-2000 (Romar’s first year)

54 Saint Louis = 81.31 19 14 79.11( 26)

1998-1999 (Spoon’s last year)

82 Saint Louis = 78.93 15 16 78.21( 48)

I'm not sure how you can differentiate between what the conference schedule contributed to the SOS and the out of conference games contributed to the SOS. You might be right, but your numbers seem to support Roy's point (unless i'm totally misreading what the numbers mean).

-i think you need to quote out of conf sos to make your point, maybe that is what you have but it is not what you said - and the last column is strength of schedule ranking

-ok, bauman was at the deal last night and did not like it and from scanning this thread he appears to be the only one that has posted that was there last night that did not like the event

-bauman you don't like rick, you know rick isn't going to change, he was not all of a sudden last night going to be someone differnet, why show up to these kinds of events? are you into hitting yourself on the head with a hammer?

-God love you for your support of the U and the team as we need all we can but why punish yourself?

-you did post some things you liked but your negative comments seemed to outweigh those

-but back to my original point here - from what i can tell one person was there that did not like it, others chose not to go because they thought they would not like it - big deal

-since we have once again chosen sides in this agonizing anti- or pro- rick debate we should discuss joining the valley again

-and roy i count 4 bcs teams on the schedule, that is more than the 1 or 2 you said you would like to play, if i can count

If the team is winning, and winning when and where it counts, no one really complains about who the coach is or what he says. Until then, however, the coach is the constant point of contention and debate.

Winning can cut you a lot of slack. One only has to look at the state of Kentucky (UK & Louisville) and see how forgiving fans can be. Also, look at Indiana, when Indiana was winning with Knight, the fans could cared less what he did or said. When IU went to Big 10 mediocrity, it was college basketball analysis time on ESPN.

-i think you need to quote out of conf sos to make your point, maybe that is what you have but it is not what you said - and the last column is strength of schedule ranking

i don't know how to get the conference SOS. But if you read closely, I think its pretty clear. Before entering the A-10, the SOS was never as high as 90. Since entering the A-10, it has never been lower than 90 and has basically been the same or close to the same each year.

you asked for examples of home and aways we have played since we got in the a-10. i give you a number of examples and none of them count. whatever.

The difference is that none of those players are Tyler Hansborough. Maybe if Suggs or Allen or Griffey become an all-american, one of his teams might do that for him, but Tyler was the best player on UNC as a freshman.

I remember KU coming here when Ryan Robertson was a senior, so it is something to keep in mind.

The difference is that none of those players are Tyler Hansborough. Maybe if Suggs or Allen or Griffey become an all-american, one of his teams might do that for him, but Tyler was the best player on UNC as a freshman.

I remember KU coming here when Ryan Robertson was a senior, so it is something to keep in mind.

I just realized that Robertson was another Roy Williams recruit. I noticed Duke didn't come here when they had Carrawel so maybe the arguement only works if it is a Roy William's recruit, which supports the arguement that this is an exception.

I just realized that Robertson was another Roy Williams recruit. I noticed Duke didn't come here when they had Carrawel so maybe the arguement only works if it is a Roy William's recruit, which supports the arguement that this is an exception.

if it was all about north carolina coming on behalf of hansborough to "just come home", why not play semo instead? a lot closer to hansborough's home. wouldnt have had to waste a tar heel home game as semo would have been doing handflips and given body parts for that visit.

if it was all about north carolina coming on behalf of hansborough to "just come home", why not play semo instead? a lot closer to hansborough's home. wouldnt have had to waste a tar heel home game as semo would have been doing handflips and given body parts for that visit.

Easy question: The venue. SEMO's Show Me Center has 7000 seats and is located in a remote corner of Missouri. It would not be fun for a team like UNC to travel there (yes I know they have private jets) and there is no way they would want to play there. Or SLU played in the Scottrade, a 22000 capacity arena that is located in the heart of a major city which is in driving distance. So it's a no brainer as to why they chose SLU and not SEMO. "Home" = Missouri.