Commitment

Hearing the women's team received a commitment in the '11 class from a Cincinnati kid who had already visited DePaul and cancelled a next-weekend visit to Iowa. This coming after nabbing a 2010 player from Detroit this past week who was looking at BCS schools.

Considering there is absolutely no tradition on the women's side and they played in West Pine, Shimmy deserves a little more time to prove her merits!

I've liked everything about Shimmy save for the results on the court.

She has gotten some bad breaks but she has to saddle some of the responsibility for the players she has brought in.

I'm all for giving her more time But I'd like to see some results forthcoming. She has done much better than her predecessor.

I'll give her a couple more years with Chaiffetz and see what she can do.

She is an excellent tweeter. Wish the mens team shared the info she does.

She has gotten some bad breaks but she has to saddle some of the responsibility for the players she has brought in.

I'm all for giving her more time But I'd like to see some results forthcoming. She has done much better than her predecessor.

I agree she should have more time. TL leaving will be a hard blow to overcome, and it had nothing to do with her. Shimmy is very fan friendly. When I emailed her this year to set up a date for my girls to come watch, play at halftime, and have her speak to them, she always (every year) replies within a day, and usually within hours. She makes sure everything is handled and we always have a great time. There are girls on my teams that look more forward to seeing and hearing Shimmy than they do to the game or seeing the players. The majority of my girls will openly say "I want to be a Billiken" when I go to college.

What is Shimmy's Twitter handle?

Hearing the women's team received a commitment in the '11 class from a Cincinnati kid who had already visited DePaul and cancelled a next-weekend visit to Iowa. This coming after nabbing a 2010 player from Detroit this past week who was looking at BCS schools.

Considering there is absolutely no tradition on the women's side and they played in West Pine, Shimmy deserves a little more time to prove her merits!

Shimmy and staff are outstanding recruiters. However, the current players have a lot to do with recruiting and selling the program as well. From what I've heard, they've had free weekends to go home, or just relax, and they've stayed in town to be with visiting recruits (including the two listed above).

Losing TL is a huge blow, but I'm hearing the chemistry, work ethic, and intensity of this team is far beyond any team over the past 5yrs. The ship is headed in the right direction.

Great job Shimmy!

I felt that the clock on Shimmy should begin when we got the arena. West Pine was so bad how could you do well there? Shimmy has had so many bad breaks it has made me concerned about her. Players leaving, injuries etc. I am optimistic given this current information and I would love for her to achieve. She has a dynamic personality and I hope it translates to on court success.

Oh yeah and Curb perhaps the funniest show ever the show on SUN had me rolling.