OT: NBA Draft

Pistol

Pistol, I'm on board with your logic. But don't get into a battle of wits with Postie...he's only half-armed.

So you agree with this?

So if Nivins does well in the NBA it will make St. Joes a more attractive place to go so they will be a better basketball program so by them being a better basketball program it will make the conference better which will in turn somehow make the Billikens better. Do I have that about right?

Here is what will help the Bills:

RECRUIT BETTER PLAYERS!!!!!!

So many people on this board remind me of parents at a 1st grade little league game:

"Ok, did everyone get a turn? We all did so great today! You're all winners! What's that Johnny? No we didn't win, we tied the other team, so hooray for both teams!!! We only want to wish good things for our opponents. We wouldn't want to hurt their feelings. Now who wants some vanilla ice cream?!?"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I said I'd love to see him crack the roster and get some minutes, not "I love Nivins and St. Joe's...a lot." I'm not even going to bother explaining my logic. Every basketball fan worth his salt knows the importance of having a strong conference that produces NBA talent. You are not a basketball fan, and have proven time and time again that your opinion is worthless.

I have to ask- why are you here? I can't imagine how terrible my life would have to be to get on a message board of a team I didn't care about and pick fights with that team's fans. No matter how depressed I was, if I had lost my job and had no prospects and nothing but time on my hands, no set of circumstances would make me do that.

You and Roy appear to be having a contest as to who can be the most negative poster on billikens.com, so I'll let you get back to that.

Wow, trying to get caught up on some Billiken news and after wading through this garbage today, I have to ask the same question. The "postcard" seems to butt into every discussion serving no other purpose other than to be disruptive. I think it is time for his parents to take control of their email account.

I don't understand how Postcard can't understand what is good for the conference is good for the Billikens. The more players from the conference that perform well in the NBA is good for the Billikens. Players will look at it as a conference that will help them make the NBA. This was a big plus for SLU in the old CUSA days.

I don't always agree with Postcard, but I thought he was smart enough to figure this out.

Lyons maybe

Lawerence highly doubtful

I actually like Matt's chances slightly better. He has a skill in outside shooting that is prized at that level more than ever. Both of them will need to find the right situation and even then it will be tough. Both have big holes in their game at that level.

Chalk up another first round pick for the Tigers. Steal of the draft for Memphis.

I like Carroll and thought he should go in the first round, but the Spurs got the steal of the draft in Blair in the second round. I think they both can do more on the next level than TH. I just think Tyler is going to have a hard time scoring in the NBA.

I don't understand how Postcard can't understand what is good for the conference is good for the Billikens. The more players from the conference that perform well in the NBA is good for the Billikens. Players will look at it as a conference that will help them make the NBA. This was a big plus for SLU in the old CUSA days.

I don't always agree with Postcard, but I thought he was smart enough to figure this out.

It's all about the improving the A-10. Other than X, the other 13 programs must all improve. I don't care about the NBA but still I recognize that successful NBA players bring exposure, money (Jameer Nelso Locker Room for St. Joe), good will, etc. which helps the teams/league. The A-10 must be more than X and cannot keep living on the Calipari years at UMass, Cheney's years at Temple and St. Joe's nice Final Four year. Right now, most St. Louisans yawn when told that about the A-10 teams coming to Chaveitz for our 8 home games.

It's all about the improving the A-10. Other than X, the other 13 programs must all improve. I don't care about the NBA but still I recognize that successful NBA players bring exposure, money (Jameer Nelso Locker Room for St. Joe), good will, etc. which helps the teams/league. The A-10 must be more than X and cannot keep living on the Calipari years at UMass, Cheney's years at Temple and St. Joe's nice Final Four year. Right now, most St. Louisans yawn when told that about the A-10 teams coming to Chaveitz for our 8 home games.

Good points, but when did Saint Joseph's reach the Final Four? I remember their being a No. 1 seed after losing just one game and reaching the Elite Eight, but I don't recall a Final Four.

St Joes made the final four. Xavier lost in the elite that same year.

Nivins was off the radar when the season ended. He played his butt off in camps and impressed enough to be drafted.

If Brown had waited till next year he wouldn't have been drafted. There may not be an all star caliber player in this years draft. Next years has about 12.

The spurs will be back in contention next year. With Jefferson now at the 3 and Blair to play backup 4 and 5 they will have a helluva team.

St Joes made the final four. Xavier lost in the elite that same year.

Nivins was off the radar when the season ended. He played his butt off in camps and impressed enough to be drafted.

If Brown had waited till next year he wouldn't have been drafted. There may not be an all star caliber player in this years draft. Next years has about 12.

The spurs will be back in contention next year. With Jefferson now at the 3 and Blair to play backup 4 and 5 they will have a helluva team.

Saint Joseph's made the Final Four in 1961. They have not been back since. You and Clock Tower are mistaken, unless you're referring to 48 years ago.

Saint Joseph's made the Final Four in 1961. They have not been back since. You and Clock Tower are mistaken, unless you're referring to 48 years ago.

St. Joe's was a 1-seed in the year they're thinking about (2004), but lost to Oklahoma State (a 2-seed) in the Elite Eight, so you're right, thicks. That was that special Jameer Nelson-Delonte West team that went undefeated in the regular season, 27-0, lost to Xavier in the A10 tournament, and finished 30-2.

St. Joe's was a 1-seed in the year they're thinking about (2004), but lost to Oklahoma State (a 2-seed) in the Elite Eight, so you're right, thicks. That was that special Jameer Nelson-Delonte West team that went undefeated in the regular season, 27-0, lost to Xavier in the A10 tournament, and finished 30-2.

So since the A10 was so great back then and put out all that NBA talent shouldn't the league be better now because of it? The drafting of Jameer Nelson, Delonte West, Mardy Collins, David West, etc doesn't seem like it's had any positive effect for the league as a whole. On the list of things the Billikens need to become a consistently good team, the drafing of players from rival teams is way down on the list and would never be anything that I would "root" for. How can you go for 4 years of hating a guy and then turnaround and hope he does well?

So since the A10 was so great back then and put out all that NBA talent shouldn't the league be better now because of it? The drafting of Jameer Nelson, Delonte West, Mardy Collins, David West, etc doesn't seem like it's had any positive effect for the league as a whole.

the a-10 despite all it's problems, is the best non bcs conference in division 1 basketball.

So it's better now then when it had a team with a number one seed and two teams that made it to the Elite 8? I would say it was better then, no?

no it was the best non bcs conference then as well.

Ok, but the top tier teams were better then, no? So have all the players from the A10 made the league better or the same? And most importantly, what has this done for the Bills?

Most importantly, Mizzou sucks.

They were an Elite 8 team(again) last year. I would hardly say they suck. Plus they had two first rounders drafted in football, two is baseball and one in basketball. Pretty good year for our state school.

I know the facts, I'm just hating arbitrarily. :blink: