No Increase in Ticket Prices for 2009-2010

No increase in prices for season tix: http://www.slubillikens.com/tickets/mbb-season.html

Two new categories added:

General Tier B $280 no gift - If 13 games are played avg. of $21.53 per seat per game

General Tier C $180 no gift - If 13 games are played avg of $13.84 per seat per game

Hopefully this will get some more season ticket holders into the fold.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

No increase in prices for season tix: http://www.slubillikens.com/tickets/mbb-season.html

General Tier B $280 no gift - If 13 games are played avg. of $21.53 per seat per game

General Tier C $180 no gift - If 13 games are played avg of $13.84 per seat per game

Don't we usually play 17 home games? Which would make the 180 tickets less than $11.00 per. This is a good move by the AD. $360. for a pair of season tickets with decent seats is a pretty darn good value.

It is certainly amazing how good news such as this barely gets any comments but if they had increased ticket prices by even a penny we'd have a thread 100 posts long about what idiots run the SLU AD.

I think the tiered pricing makes a lot of sense. I doubt this will have a major (greater than 1,000) impact on season ticket sales but it does make the individual games more affordable and should help fill the stadium for the non-conference games in November and December. There is a real danger that season ticket holders currently in the $450 lower bowl end-zones will choose to leave those seats for the upper bowl and cheaper prices, thus leaving empty seats in the lower bowl. Still, I would hope that there will be enough new season tickets sold to counter that to some degree.

It is certainly amazing how good news such as this barely gets any comments but if they had increased ticket prices by even a penny we'd have a thread 100 posts long about what idiots run the SLU AD.

I think the tiered pricing makes a lot of sense. I doubt this will have a major (greater than 1,000) impact on season ticket sales but it does make the individual games more affordable and should help fill the stadium for the non-conference games in November and December. There is a real danger that season ticket holders currently in the $450 lower bowl end-zones will choose to leave those seats for the upper bowl and cheaper prices, thus leaving empty seats in the lower bowl. Still, I would hope that there will be enough new season tickets sold to counter that to some degree.

Yeah, the plan right now is for us to ditch our $450 season tickets from this year for the $280 seats. Just makes more sense for us and I'm guessing the $280 seats are still pretty good.

Yeah, the plan right now is for us to ditch our $450 season tickets from this year for the $280 seats. Just makes more sense for us and I'm guessing the $280 seats are still pretty good.

Just curious, was there a chance you were going to drop the $450 seats and not have season tics?

The key is to find the price points where the people that would have dropped the tickets in favor of a few single games now go with season tickets but not to the point where people say I don't see any value in the $450 seats therefore I'll go to the cheapest available.

Just curious, was there a chance you were going to drop the $450 seats and not have season tics?

The key is to find the price points where the people that would have dropped the tickets in favor of a few single games now go with season tickets but not to the point where people say I don't see any value in the $450 seats therefore I'll go to the cheapest available.

I don't think we would have dropped them, but you never know. My dad and I just said we would talk about our options after the season, thinking they would drop some season ticket prices.

I am assuming that current season tix holders will still be sent renewal info?

I love my seat in the red zone. 13 rows from the floor. Behind the Billiken bench. Worth every penny and would not move higher just to save the extra 150 Billiken Club fee since It cost 125.00 just to be a Billiken Club member its only 25.00 extra to have that great seat.

The first row in the upper level at Savvis was nice but I am glad I got to upgrade my location.

Maybe not this year, but the next two seasons the Billiken Tickets are going to be the hotest ticket in town!

JMHO

:huh:

I love my seat in the red zone. 13 rows from the floor. Behind the Billiken bench. Worth every penny and would not move higher just to save the extra 150 Billiken Club fee since It cost 125.00 just to be a Billiken Club member its only 25.00 extra to have that great seat.

The first row in the upper level at Savvis was nice but I am glad I got to upgrade my location.

Maybe not this year, but the next two seasons the Billiken Tickets are going to be the hotest ticket in town!

JMHO

:)

those of us who lost tickets because we had more than eight in one person's name would like to know if the corporate types were also limited; we ended up with six of us getting eight tickets so we could still invite some friends-it was easier to eat the occasional ticket to try and plan around which every third game we can invite someone; that being said they are too pricey to use for coat seats now.

What bothers me most is all the people who leave with 4 minutes left and the game nearly tied

Looks like not all season tickets cost $450.

Speaking of idiots in the AD's office, when does/did Mark Wright leave? :)

I understand the thought process behind this move, but I think it might backfire on them. I really hope it doesn't. There isn't a bad seat in the bulding and I could see a lot of people dropping to the cheaper seats. I think it might have made more sense to offer some kind of smaller discount across the board. Market it as a Billiken fan economic relief program. They could have built up a lot of goodwill among current season ticket holders.

I understand the thought process behind this move, but I think it might backfire on them. I really hope it doesn't. There isn't a bad seat in the bulding and I could see a lot of people dropping to the cheaper seats. I think it might have made more sense to offer some kind of smaller discount across the board. Market it as a Billiken fan economic relief program. They could have built up a lot of goodwill among current season ticket holders.

How would it backfire? My take is that there are, and have been, 2 rather large groups of Billikens not provided for at Chaveitz with the new seating limitations and price structure.

First group of all of the season ticket holders who were in larger groups and kept buying tickets "to stay in the group" but often did not use the tickets and actually show up for the games but now are not ticket holders at all; those who had been buying extra tickets to support the SLU and the athletic program for most games ("coat seats") and so that they have extra tickets those few times when their kids/friends are in town and come to a game with them but now are limited to 8 seats and/or don't want to pay the increased price per ticket and Billiken Fee per seat; and some elderly/those with very young kis who have distance/walking across the campus problems as opposed the annexed parking garage. These people just did not renew.

Second group of all the fans who buy a "day of the game" tickets a few times each year as an affordable ticket - bringing a group of their kids' friends or basketball teams;

scouting programs, etc. At $28/ticket, these groups just don't attend.

Personally, I am thrilled with the more intimate Chaveitz and reduced number of seats, believe that RM and SLU have actually added alot of new season ticket holders and have obtained LARGE financial commitments from its fanbase which has been loyal but largely not donating extra each year. $450 per seat makes no sense. A tiered system should have been implemented from the beginning. In any event, RM/SLU will soon be winning 25 plus games per year, going to the Tourney and the Chaveitz will be sold out each game. Prices can be adjusted to increase these discounted seats. Until then, last year and this year, there will be empty seats. I, for one, am glad SLU is doing what they need to do to get butts in the seats.

How would it backfire?

What happens if you have a thousand people that decide they want to drop down in the price they pay for season tickets? What happens if it is more than that?

Our group can now save almost $3400 on our tickets. It is a choice that we will have to discuss now. For me it was a no brainer to pay the extra $150 per ticket before. The potentail savings of $420 is something I have to think about.

What happens if you have a thousand people that decide they want to drop down in the price they pay for season tickets? What happens if it is more than that?

Our group can now save almost $3400 on our tickets. It is a choice that we will have to discuss now. For me it was a no brainer to pay the extra $150 per ticket before. The potentail savings of $420 is something I have to think about.

Have you looked at the location of the lower priced tickets? Even though there are few "bad" seats, I thnk you would be disapointed after sitting lower and closer to the end lines or mid court up high. Depends on your personal enjoyment of the game. I am on a fixed income, but will do anything to keep may red area ticket. I sat by some people from B'ville the last year at Savvis and they did not buy last year due to price. I hope they hear about the new prices as they maybe nterested in buying now.

How would it backfire?

It COULD backfire if people that would have otherwise paid $450 for seats now choose the cheaper tickets and you are left with full sections near the top but less full seats down low. I am hopeful that any people that choose to go to a cheaper ticket will be offset by more seats in the stands but its not guaranteed to happen.

All that being said, my personal opinion is that they had to do it after last year's experience. Any cost concious season ticket holder is surely aware that if he had purchased single game tickets to every game last year between the early season deep discount games and the conference season single game tickets, his tickets would have averaged about $12 per game. If location means nothing, a season ticket holder would be pretty dumb to renew at $25 per game when it is highly likely the individual games could be had for much less.

This was a necessary move, but not one that is 100% guaranteed to succeed. The only true way we'll fill the arena and make some money is to win, win win.

Looks like a genuine effort to get people into the arena. That's one of the areas that X struggles with. I'm a Preimium season ticket holder and there are plenty of good seats in front of me that weren't spoken for last season at Cintas. Which means I had tons of UD fans in my section for the UD game.

I was not pleased.

SLU will be doing itself a world of favor by making that place a sellout. I can't wait for my first trip to X v. SLU in the new arena.

It COULD backfire if people that would have otherwise paid $450 for seats now choose the cheaper tickets and you are left with full sections near the top but less full seats down low. I am hopeful that any people that choose to go to a cheaper ticket will be offset by more seats in the stands but its not guaranteed to happen.

All that being said, my personal opinion is that they had to do it after last year's experience. Any cost concious season ticket holder is surely aware that if he had purchased single game tickets to every game last year between the early season deep discount games and the conference season single game tickets, his tickets would have averaged about $12 per game. If location means nothing, a season ticket holder would be pretty dumb to renew at $25 per game when it is highly likely the individual games could be had for much less.

This was a necessary move, but not one that is 100% guaranteed to succeed. The only true way we'll fill the arena and make some money is to win, win win.

Guess it depends upon a person's definition of success. As mentioned, if SLU just waits 2 years or so, we will be quite good and there will be sellouts no matter what the ticket prices are. To maximize short term profits, maybe keep the prices but then you might lose season ticket holders who switch to buy multiple games. Still, the amount of revenue cannot be that huge in the overall budget.

I did this same thing regarding the parking garage. The season ticket price for garage parking was not much better than if you paid each game. When you factor in that I usually miss 2 or 3 games per year, no cost savings so why purchase the pass? Especially if I wasn't sure it would be the best place to park.

If success though is to get butts in the seats while still having good revenue and to bring as many alums/fans and friends of the school back on campus, then the overwhelming version of success would be to cut a break for fans who sit at the top/worst seats. $150 arena fee per seat for Red, nothing for the Green down low and then same price for all the upper level seats never did seem right. If SLU wants to maximize money in 2 years or so, then they can raise these discounted prices back to $450 and probably still sell the place out.

SLU will be doing itself a world of favor by making that place a sellout. I can't wait for my first trip to X v. SLU in the new arena.

If it hasn't been done already, let me be the first to offer to buy you a beer (or a nice Neapolitan pizza) before or after the game. The infamous Gruehls of X fame turned out to be an ace drinking buddy, and I'd bet you'll be the same. I'm sure some of the rest of the Secret Society :lol: on ths board would be happy to join us.

If it hasn't been done already, let me be the first to offer to buy you a beer (or a nice Neapolitan pizza) before or after the game. The infamous Gruehls of X fame turned out to be an ace drinking buddy, and I'd bet you'll be the same. I'm sure some of the rest of the Secret Society :lol: on ths board would be happy to join us.

Except Gruehls is a Cincinnati fan from SLU's C-USA days.